avg.team attendance. (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
We are not so big concerning fans in Turin. If we want to fill a stadium with large capacity, we ought to move south.
If this is the only way to fill a big stadoium, which is sad, then it should be done

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
If this is the only way to fill a big stadoium, which is sad, then it should be done
I don't think that it would be worth it. To completely forsake Juve's past just to add a few thousand fans to every game seems disrespectful if not irreverant.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Juventus have outlined their ambitious plans for the Stadio Delle Alpi, including a glass roof and seats brought forward .

The current Stadium was built for the 1990 World Cup, but has never proved popular with fans due to its cavernous concrete structure and running track.

“Currently,” explained Bianconeri director Antonio Giraudo, “our yearly intake from the Stadium is just under £10m. The Milanese and Roman clubs have double that figure, and Manchester United bring in around £46m.”

The club has agreed to lease the Stadium from the council on a 99-year contract that will enable them to restructure it entirely.

The capacity will be reduced from 70,000 to just 35,000, eliminating the running track and bringing the seats within 10 to 15 metres from the field. Currently the closest a spectator can get is 23-40 metres.

The other seating area will become conference rooms for use during the week for conventions or work related gatherings.

“This is not the definitive plan,” noted Giraudo, “but it is the project that most sparks our enthusiasm.”

“This will be an important investment that can respect the city of Turin and maintain this club’s position at the forefront of sporting excellence.”

The agreement with the Council also allows Juventus to create a gym, new changing rooms, a Premiership-style fan shop and club museum.

Football Italia

Jul 12, 2002
A roof! Thank god no more mist!!
That's not necessarily true. A glass roof would certainly prevent rain problems, but we would need serious atmospheric conditioning systems to defeat the fog.

Jul 12, 2002
Well yes but I more or less assumed that was part of the deal...
It could be, but it doesn't have to be. The roof doesn't imply an enclosed atmosphere in the stadium. Especially when you are talking about a glass roof.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
True but why bother with a roof if all you're going to use it for is to keep out rain when fog is arguably the biggest problem?!

Just my view...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I'm a bit concerned about the fact that only 35.000 fitting in there :undecide: How is a fan-with-no-season-ticket going to to find a spare seat :down:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What happens to all the space once they remove the spare seats? After all the stadium structure will remain the same size, right...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
What happens to all the space once they remove the spare seats? After all the stadium structure will remain the same size, right...
I doubt that if they are going to put a roof on it...

nina

Feb 18, 2001
The other seating area will become conference rooms for use during the week for conventions or work related gatherings.

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)