OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    yeah but the other forums have bigger avatars and they look sexy. plus i cant make funk-ass animations with the size limitations

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm pretty sure they can, but the powers that be choose to keep them this size. The worst thing that can happen to a forum, though, is not setting restrictions for avatar sizes, so people can completely fsck up the table sizes with extra-wide or extra-long avatars. Letting people post huge signature banners looks terrible too. Just look at the milan forums :yuck:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Bah! They're grand as they are. The bigger they get, the longer each page takes to load, so I'm damned if I want to see Josh's attempts to knock Spielberg off the top in 100x100 pixels. Some people here don't need any more encouragement.

OP

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    Bah! They're grand as they are. The bigger they get, the longer each page takes to load, so I'm damned if I want to see Josh's attempts to knock Spielberg off the top in 100x100 pixels. Some people here don't need any more encouragement.
    well the avatars are saved on your computer so therefore they shouldnt take long to load. it loads from your computer.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++

well the avatars are saved on your computer so therefore they shouldnt take long to load. it loads from your computer.
    My concern isn't the loading times. Signature banners are FUGLY

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    nobody is talking about signature banners here you twit!!
    Is that so?

++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
    Letting people post huge signature banners looks terrible too
    ++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
    100x100 wouldnt be that bad. and i hail martin for not allowing banners for signatures.
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Signatures with banners are the worst
    ++ [ originally posted by SarajMan ] ++
    I agree with you sally

Sure as hell looks like it to me... TWIT!

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I think what josh meant is that the main subject was avatars, sig banners was a related essue.. actually he was talking about avatars before you mentioned sig banners..

++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

My concern isn't the loading times. Signature banners are FUGLY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)