Austria - Netherlands (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The Dutch squad in the coming European qualifier against the Austrians is very suprising and according to many fans very weak. Take a look at this squad and the most likely line-up:

• [01] Frank de Boer
    [02] Van der Sar
    [03] Ronald de Boer
    [04] Cocu
    [05] Kluivert
    [06] Seedorf
    [07] Reiziger
    [08] Davids
    [09] Stam
    [10] Zenden
    [11] Van Hooijdonk
    [12] Hasselbaink
    [13] Van Nistelrooy
    [14] Makaay
    [15] Van Bommel
    [16] Ooijer
    [17] Ricksen
    [18] Bouma
    [19] Waterreus
    [20] Boateng

----------------------Van der Sar----------------------

----Ricksen------Stam------F. De Boer------Zenden----

------------------------Davids-------------------------
----------Seedorf-------------------R. De Boer---------
-------------------------Cocu--------------------------

-----------------------------Kluivert--------------------
---------------Van Nistelrooy---------------------------

There are some doubts on whether this game will be played as UEFA's proposed date is on the same day that the funeral of the late Prince Clause (husband of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands) will take place.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    :undecide: what an optimistic prediction there!!

Hope you're right though!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    eh? that tongue thing was meant to be a grin :eek:

btw its not fair u get BBC but we don't get any of your channels!!
    remember when I went to netherlands It felt like home, with BBC

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #12
    Like you want Dutch channels! :D

Apart from MTV NL perhaps as they're full of dance music! :p

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #13
    Here's what the coach himself had to say:

Trio back in Dutch fold
    [size=0,5]Monday 7 October 2002 [/size]

Netherlands coach Dick Advocaat has handed recalls to George Boateng, Clarence Seedorf and Ronald de Boer for the country's second EURO 2004™ qualifier against Austria in Vienna on 16 October.

Trio out
    The trio make up part of a 20-man squad named by Advocaat today for the clash at the Ernst Happel stadium in Vienna. "We have had to deal with injuries from players who were also near to selection. Patrick Paauwe, Paul Bosvelt and Kevin Hofland are all missing," Advocaat said.

Age not a factor
    "When I became coach I said that I would choose from a fixed group of players who have the potential to play in the national team," Advocaat continued. "Guys who are 26 or 27, who are playing at a top club, are not over the hill in my book. Also a player that has not been selected in an earlier match because of whatever reason, is still able to fight his way back into the squad through his club."

Other missing players
    As well as Paauwe, Bosvelt and Hofland, Advocaat is also without Andy van der Meyde and Rafael van der Vaart. Van der Meyde felt he was not fit enough for selection and preferred to get back into shape at AFC Ajax while his club team-mate Van der Vaart has a knee problem.

Good feeling
    Despite the injuries Advocaat has a good feeling about the match in Austria. "It won't be an easy game, but the players showed against Belarus [in the opening qualifier] that they have the drive," he said. "With that same attitude we can also get a good result in Vienna."

Game going ahead
    The game will go ahead as scheduled after it was announced the funeral of Prince Claus von Amsberg, the husband of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, will be held on 15 October and not a day later.

Netherlands squad
    Van der Sar, Waterreus, F de Boer, Bouma, Ooijer, Reiziger, Ricksen, Stam, Boateng, Van Bommel, Cocu, Davids, Kluivert, Seedorf, R de Boer, Hasselbaink, Van Hooijdonk, Makaay, Van Nistelrooij, Zenden.

Thanks to uefa.com

Almajhool

Sep 8, 2002
    according to many fans very weak !!!!!!

the squad seems really strong ...

the midfield is really strong .. maybe some work need to be done between Kluevirt and VanNisteroly ..

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Almajhool ] ++
    according to many fans very weak !!!!!!

the squad seems really strong ...

the midfield is really strong .. maybe some work need to be done between Kluevirt and VanNisteroly ..
    Most fans would have preferred a squad that included Paauwe, Van Persie, Zoetebier and Bosvelt from Feyenoord and Van der Meyde and Van der Vaart from Ajax.

But I still feel that this squad should be able to beat Austria!

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    Paauwe was impressive when he came on as sub last time I was in Holland, but I don't see this squad as weak.....I'm sure they can beat Austria

Seedorf.......Now that wont make the Dutch happy will it Erik!, makes me happy though, think he's been good of late....

Didn't Bosvelt have some sort of disagreement with Advocaat when Holland played Spain?, something about him being to tired to play for his country and the match was actually being played at Feyenoord's stadium...??

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #18
    Seedorf has again triggered a nationwide debate! He always plays well for his club but never for the NT which has of course sparked rumours about his loyalty to the Kingdom...

Bosvelt has indeed had that argument but according to both of them that has been solved now. Bosvelt is injured at the moment...

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    bit abut seedorf, the same was true for Rivaldo before the world cup, but he proved everyone wrong by playing superbly for his country.

IMO seedorf should get this chance as well, he is a very good player, and potentially one of hollands star performers if he gets some consistency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)