Kewell!? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No, your not. Juve could easily sell those 2 players and get money back, especially with Tiago who has many suiters. Whilst, your favorite player, Mr. Kewel, is 30yrs old, useless, injury-prone whom no top team with look at. He will probably end up with some mid table team in EPL, like Birmingham or Portsmouth with reduced wage because he's shitee. :jvefan:
Dude, I was kidding in my first post and making fun that Almiron and Tiago suck. I know all this. I don't care where Kewell goes but I'd rather him stay cause I like him. The second post I was a little pissed because you used the one of the gay new juve smilies. And so what if Kewell is one of my favorites. Bottom line, fuck your smilies.:D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sorry, Easy, but I don't really see what you're trying to say by comparing Kewell to Tiago or Almiron. The former is better than the Aussie and nobody has a clue as to why Ranieri seemingly won't even experiment with them. I believe Tiago is a damn good investment, more so than Kewell, but Ranieri is too stubborn to even give him a shot which is thoroughly disgraceful.

Kewell may not be a bad player, and in fact at Leeds he was great, but is he really better than the Nedved of today, currently, with the latter even being 34? I honestly don't think so and I would stick with Pavel, then use Marchionni if I had to.

And I don't believe Kewell is suited for Serie A anyway.
Never compared Kewell to Almiron and Tiago in anyway other than cost. You made the link. Stick to forecasting the weather and leave my thoughts alone. Why are you asking me if Kewell is better than Nedved? You know the answer. My post was a joke as is this thread and half the other transfer threads in the place. :pado:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
So we should settle for players nowadays, that aren't THAT bad?
Hate to have to tell you this but that's what our squad is composed of today.

If Kewell wasn't injury prone I'd definitely take him on a free. Good player when he gets the opportunity to play regularly.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Hate to have to tell you this but that's what our squad is composed of today.

If Kewell wasn't injury prone I'd definitely take him on a free. Good player when he gets the opportunity to play regularly.
Certain positions in our squad are filled with average players sure, but I think our wing positions are covered by good players. Camoranesi, Marchionni and Nedved are better players than Kewell. Palladino has the potential to be better and Salihamidzic is more versatile than Kewell. If we have to replace Nedved next season, due to his retirement, only the best will do. If we are looking for decent players, we have that and more with Marchionni and Palladino already.

And as you somewhat point out yourself, Kewell has way too much fitness issues.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Marchionni needs someone to play cards with at training while everyone else is on the field doing exercises.

Serisously a good player when he was younger. bad injuries destroyed his career a long time ago.

with palladino and giovinco, we dont need kewell.

have we not been linked to any free players as yet?

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It’s reported Claudio Ranieri has zeroed in on a summer bargain for Juventus – Harry Kewell could leave Liverpool on a free transfer.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]His five-year contract with the Reds expires on June 30 and there are no plans to extend.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The Australian could follow in the footsteps of Hasan Salihamidzic, who was snapped up out of contract from Bayern Munich and has become a key player.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Kewell has made only a handful of appearances at Anfield this season and is struggling to overcome a series of injuries, although he is still only 29.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Confirmation of the Bianconeri’s attraction to Kewell comes from fellow Aussie and current Torino midfielder Vincenzo Grella.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"It hasn't been talked about that much but when I was at Parma with Ranieri he asked for a lot of information about Harry,” Grella told the Herald Sun newspaper in Australia.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"At that stage he didn't talk about a Kewell move to Juventus because he didn't know he was going to become the manager of Juventus.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"He was one of maybe three or four Aussies Ranieri asked me about.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"But he does know of the Aussie players and loves the mentality. He thinks that we're very underestimated as players. It could be an advantage for him."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport suggests that Kewell would be a tactically astute signing, as he can play wide left as an alternative to Pavel Nedved or further upfront when needed.

channel4
[/FONT]

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
I guess you posted in the wrong section and we already have a Kewell thread in the Mercato section;).

Anyway,no need for another injury-prone player. We might aswell keep Marchionni then.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
I guess you posted in the wrong section and we already have a Kewell thread in the Mercato section;).

Anyway,no need for another injury-prone player. We might aswell keep Marchionni then.
Where's that thread?

Ok, I found it, mods do what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)