Aurélien Tchouaméni - CM/DM - Monaco (1 Viewer)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Be honest, have you seen this kid play even 5 minutes?

This goes out to anyone else who will get overly excited just because others are or based on reputation. With DanielZ we know he has Woody Allen like addiction to youth so he gets a pass

I rate the kid (he is better then Camavinga but less hyped), and its exactly kind of signing we should make. But I much rather have Pogba on all relevant factors except their huge salary difference. He is just guranteed top quality upgrade in multiple facets for our midfield. And the B2B we need. Neither this kid or Loca are attacking CMs or B2B types. More all around holding mids.

I dont get hung up on potential or age. We don't really have desperate need for more youth in our midifeld, just pure quality. Because because the Ramsey who is months away from leaving, the oldest is Rabiot who is 25.

Only section we need to get younger is the defence. Their average age is like 31/32 back there.
We can’t afford pogba

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We can’t afford pogba

He is out of contract next summer. If we can entice him to us, we can afford him most likely. He will have overly pricey high salary, but we have dead weight bench players on 7m each, and just shedded CR7s 30m+ a year salary. If we cant afford him, its simply because we not prioritizing the midfield as we should when it comes to our resources.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
He is out of contract next summer. If we can entice him to us, we can afford him most likely. He will have overly pricey high salary, but we have dead weight bench players on 7m each, and just shedded CR7s 30m+ a year salary. If we cant afford him, its simply because we not prioritizing the midfield as we should when it comes to our resources.
I know Pogba's abilities but I don't think he has the right attitude to be a Juve player once again. Maybe I'm wrong but even in his last few seasons with us he looked too passive in defense and now he looks even worse with his defensive work rate at United. I would prefer someone like SMS who is 2 years younger and has much more grinta. Or even try someone who is young, hungry and has everything to prove like this Tchouaméni boi.

Pogba is a bit too lazy for me. Even in his last season with Juve his lack of sacrifice annoyed me.

And if we are getting him only for the attack - we should go for someone like Bernardo Silva in that case.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Kamara is similar to Tchouameni though?
Nope, Kamara is few months older and while considered a midfielder he is also an emergency or occasional center back, he played a lot in those roles so far, he is a fine player and I don't mind at all getting him on a free transfer, but Tchouameni is already a regular player for the national team and thanks to Rabiot he should and deservedly has to be considered a starter in France NT, while Kamara hasn't even gotten a call yet...

No doubt that at this moment Tchouameni should be considered as both the better player and the better prospect, I would much rather bet on 40 mil Tchouameni than a free Kamara, again would not mind if we sign Kamara on free but Tchouameni is an animal, man he would be a solid, solid addition to our midfield...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Be honest, have you seen this kid play even 5 minutes?

This goes out to anyone else who will get overly excited just because others are or based on reputation. With DanielZ we know he has Woody Allen like addiction to youth so he gets a pass

I rate the kid (he is better then Camavinga but less hyped), and its exactly kind of signing we should make. But I much rather have Pogba on all relevant factors except their huge salary difference. He is just guranteed top quality upgrade in multiple facets for our midfield. And the B2B we need. Neither this kid or Loca are attacking CMs or B2B types. More all around holding mids.

I dont get hung up on potential or age. We don't really have desperate need for more youth in our midifeld, just pure quality. Because because the Ramsey who is months away from leaving, the oldest is Rabiot who is 25.

Only section we need to get younger is the defence. Their average age is like 31/32 back there.
What about Ndombele? I've always liked the idea of having him here as he's a very unique players with his technique but seems to have other issues.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
What about Ndombele? I've always liked the idea of having him here as he's a very unique players with his technique but seems to have other issues.
i also liked him a lot with lyon, he looked like a hard working, reliable player. the moment he got his first big contract he stopped caring and proved to be an unreliable, rather lazy guy i guess. that's a risk with small club players: sometimes they aren't good enough (like lemina or zaza), sometimes they can make the impact (like chiesa or locatelli), sometimes the talent is there but the juve jersey is way too heavy (berna is the prime example).

inb4 my fellow bernatar holders ask me to explain myself :snoop:

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
if we have much money to spend on mercato, i don't mind buying him. but if we have limited fund, maybe we can consider cheapest alternative. Witsel maybe.
big remaining budget can be distributed to other area like creative CAM or attcaking LWB.
CAM if we play with 3 mid system. maybe bernardo silva, pogba, or SMS, or other name which one is affordable.
Attacking LWB if we play with double pivot (witsel locatelli) to play as winger in 442. someone like maehle or ferland mendy. and as sandro rotation.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
i also liked him a lot with lyon, he looked like a hard working, reliable player. the moment he got his first big contract he stopped caring and proved to be an unreliable, rather lazy guy i guess. that's a risk with small club players: sometimes they aren't good enough (like lemina or zaza), sometimes they can make the impact (like chiesa or locatelli), sometimes the talent is there but the juve jersey is way too heavy (berna is the prime example).

inb4 my fellow bernatar holders ask me to explain myself :snoop:
Explain yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)