Attention geeks! Your help is needed! :D (1 Viewer)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I think I figured out what your problem is. I hope it is not but this is the only thing that can be rationalised as the probable cause - at this time anyway :D
Could be that you have a dodgy harddisk so when a pic is saved on your computer the photo files are corrupted.
Try this ..... Download & save a pic direct to a diskette and then post it here from the diskette.
I sure hope that am wrong coz a dodgy harddisk is the last thing you'd like to have.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I'm still betting on the upload being the problem. The only time I've seen pics like those were with corrupted downloads, it looks like you're uploading them in ascii mode even. But since it's all automated I've no idea how to change it.

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #64
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    I'm still betting on the upload being the problem. The only time I've seen pics like those were with corrupted downloads, it looks like you're uploading them in ascii mode even. But since it's all automated I've no idea how to change it.
    oh god I really don't know anything. The upload is when I attack a file from my comp. here, right?

and ascii...I don't even wanna go there :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    oh god I really don't know anything. The upload is when I attack a file from my comp. here, right?
    upload:

Tommy's computer -------- uploading --------> server

clear now? :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #68
    ok here's a pic of the greatest LOTR character, straight from google search via my computer

I guess this is the upload..whatever :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #70
    I don't knoe..I'm just gonna keep posting random pictures and see!

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #71
    and now, the ultimate test, my CM team :nervous:
    if this works, anything will!

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #74
    You know I really have not got a clue!

I don't think I've changed anything, but now its working..perhaps it will go wrong again.. :undecide:

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Tom, glad that it works now :). Alex could be right, the pictures could've probably been uploaded in ascii mode instead of binary. But why does it only happen to you and not everyone else? :confused:

-S-

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #76
    sarah could you please explain to me the meaning of ascii and binary, and the difference between them? until then I can't really answer your post :D

thanks

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
    Learn ;):D

Binary means "two" or "base two." The binary system is a number representation using just 0 and 1 :) All data in the computer is stored in binary code as 1's and 0's (bits). Any file format for digital data encoded as a sequence of bits is binary. :)

Anything that you can view with a text editing program should be transfered in ascii mode. Binary files, such as gif or jpeg images, zip files, executables, etc should be transferred in binary mode.

..but really I don't think this is your computer's fault..:undecide:

-S-

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
    Tom, glad that it works now :). Alex could be right, the pictures could've probably been uploaded in ascii mode instead of binary. But why does it only happen to you and not everyone else? :confused:

-S-
    That's the point, it doesn't make any sense that the upload is wrong only in his case..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)