Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Ranocchia reminds me a bit of barzagli's path, just less praised.

Both were consideree talents at early age.
Both then got criticism because they made mistakes or blunders.

Barzagli seemed to miss his destiny and left palermo for the bundesliga. Kjaer remained a failure, but barzagli matured and improved, and came back to become a champion.

Bonucci was spit out and hated for 2-3 years here, before his continious improvement and newfound consistancy started to set him apart.

Cannavaro was once also a great potential that became an inter flop, and suddenly found form, improvement and consistancy at juventus.

It seems to me alot of italian defenders cant be discarded too quickly, and need aging to significantly elevate themselves.

By no means im claiming ranocchia will follow this path. But he does have alot in commen with mentionned players.

Big talent in the small space and air, who kept making various mistakes and seems to be failing at inter.

Can he flourish like the othera did ?
We shouldnt dismiss it so quickly.
Dude.

Never compare Barzagli to Ranocchia again. Ever.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Ranocchia reminds me a bit of barzagli's path, just less praised.

Both were consideree talents at early age.
Both then got criticism because they made mistakes or blunders.

Barzagli seemed to miss his destiny and left palermo for the bundesliga. Kjaer remained a failure, but barzagli matured and improved, and came back to become a champion.

Bonucci was spit out and hated for 2-3 years here, before his continious improvement and newfound consistancy started to set him apart.

Cannavaro was once also a great potential that became an inter flop, and suddenly found form, improvement and consistancy at juventus.

It seems to me alot of italian defenders cant be discarded too quickly, and need aging to significantly elevate themselves.

By no means im claiming ranocchia will follow this path. But he does have alot in commen with mentionned players.

Big talent in the small space and air, who kept making various mistakes and seems to be failing at inter.

Can he flourish like the othera did ?
We shouldnt dismiss it so quickly.
:tup: having Ranocchia as 5th choice CB is not bad at all. maybe he needs a new place, new teammates (with winning mentality), a new coach and different system to find his A game. and we would have him for free basically as Caceres is out of contract in the summer + we have 4 other CBs, so its not like we are wasting money on him if he fails here...

or maybe thats all bs, maybe he stayed at inter for too long or is just plain simply garbage, but this seems like the kind of deal Beppe likes. if he succeeds here, he hits the jackpot, if not, he didnt cost us much anyway. only downside is @Fr3sh would commit suicide if he sees Martin in an inter shirt but there is no perfect transfer anyway (except Pogba, Pogba was perfect!)...

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
The Ranocchia of Italy is what you'd see at Juve. Frog was slightly better for Italy. Only slightly better and not a good CB.

But he wouldn't be bad as the 5th-choice CB, esp next season when our primary formation will likely be 43X. Instead of losing Caceres for free, we'd be getting him in return.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The Ranocchia of Italy is what you'd see at Juve. Frog was slightly better for Italy. Only slightly better and not a good CB.

But he wouldn't be bad as the 5th-choice CB, esp next season when our primary formation will likely be 43X. Instead of losing Caceres for free, we'd be getting him in return.
In theory you are right.

But it's Inter we are talking about, I don't want Caceres anywhere near those scum.

So, I'd rather lose him for free to some non-Serie A team.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
"Real Madrid are ready to offer €15m to sign Boca midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur (18). Juve have a buy-option at €9.4m."

From Twitter, not sure about the source.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes

we got 6.5M for Tevez and for that got Vadala on a 2 year loan worth 3.5M with an option to buy and paid 1M each for an option on 3 other youngsters (Bentancour is one of them, dont know the names of the other two but we have one thread here for all of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)