Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
De Sciglio-Caceres exchange?
By Football Italia staff

There are reports Milan offered Mattia De Sciglio to Juventus in exchange for Martin Caceres.

Uruguay international Caceres has many options open to him in this January transfer window, including Liverpool, Roma and Inter.

According to Telelombardia, Milan are also in the running for the versatile defender.

It’s suggested the Rossoneri met with De Sciglio’s agent Giovanni Branchini yesterday and suggested a possible swap deal with Juventus for Caceres.

The Bianconeri would welcome a full-back who can play on the right or left, and a young Italy international to join up with their roster of home-grown talent.
right :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You'd be surprised.

I actually won't like that deal.
I dont rate De Sciglio much at all, but man is that deal a no brainer, Caceres is 9 days away from having no value whatsoever for us...

- - - Updated - - -

There is no way Milan would do that deal :lol:

A 23 year old promising RB/LB at a reasonable wage for Caceres?

No fucking way
FYI Caceres is the better player.

This deal is lolsy mainly because of Caceres contract, he can negotiate with any club and we can only sell him for profit soon or he walks for nothing in the summer.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
There is no way Milan would do that deal :lol:

A 23 year old promising RB/LB at a reasonable wage for Caceres?

No $#@!ing way
They are so desperate to have a CB that they are willing to sacrifice desiglio.

Also it seems he is 2nd/3rd choice in both flanks.

We, on the other hand.. could make some good use of him. Licht and Evra are not young anymore.

Its a kind of lose situation for Milan., but at least it makes some sense given that their center defense pairing is laughable.
Lets remember that unlike us which we are on cruiser mode trampling everyone and set in a lot of areas..... they are in an spiral of bad results and starved of sucess. I imagine Caceres is a bandaid to at least stop leaking goals temprally while they try to get to CL.

(im asumming they want caceres to play CB, since its silly to give us Desiglio who is many years younger, to use Caceres)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I dont rate De Sciglio much at all, but man is that deal a no brainer, Caceres is 9 days away from having no value whatsoever for us...

- - - Updated - - -

FYI Caceres is the better player.

This deal is lolsy mainly because of Caceres contract, he can negotiate with any club and we can only sell him for profit soon or he walks for nothing in the summer.
What you see is what you get with Caceres. At his age, he is banging his head on his talent ceiling. De Sciglio, with the right coaching can be the perfect Full back option for either side, but most notably for the right side

- - - Updated - - -

NOTHING suprises me about Il Condo.

Him doing this deal together with 100s of wtf decisions in past decade alone justifies him a:

- - - Updated - - -

De Shittio basically.
Look at where he is, though.

Now granted, this may be a situation where Juve is saying that something is better than nothing, and if De Sciglio wre 33 instead of 23, it would be one of those "meh" deals on our side.

But he still has the potential to be better than what he is, and he would certainly be in a far better squad with which to get acclimated

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its time we stop excusing mediocrity. De Sciglio is benched by giant turds like Abate and Antonelli, at BEST he is an ok player.

Only upside to this deal is 23 years old and exchanged for a player that soon wont have any value for us.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its time we stop excusing mediocrity. De Sciglio is benched by giant turds like Abate and Antonelli, at BEST he is an ok player.
Only upside to this deal is 23 years old and exchanged for a player that soon wont have any value for us.
I think this is one of the "opportunity deals" marotta likes to do. At least with DESiglio we can try to turn him into something. I mean, we kind of fixed Bonucci who was a train-wreck on 2 legs. We can fix almost anyone.

Caceres on the other hand is done here. Theres no way to extend his contracts without us losing money on someone who is injured too much or simply not ready to play for whatever reason.

We are not even using caceres, we are losing money on him.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That part of the deal I have no qualms with, trading with Caceres. What I contest is overrating De Sciglio, until he proves otherwise, he is simply not good enough for me. As starter that is, as backup he is ok when Evra moves on.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That part of the deal I have no qualms with, trading with Caceres. What I contest is overrating De Sciglio, until he proves otherwise, he is simply not good enough for me. As starter that is, as backup he is ok when Evra moves on.
:tup:

I think he is okaish. More thn him being good, he will be useful for us for his versatility on both flanks. If we can make him something useful after that, its a win.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Where did I say that De Scigilio is anything other than "promising" because given his age, he still is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)