Atalanta-JUVE (4 Viewers)

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Thanks for the goals, Nekton. Still having problems with the codec thingy :)

I'll try to rip off one that has a close up version of Camo, if I couldn't get it, I will use yours :) Thanks.

-S-

nina

Feb 18, 2001
They said on Domenica Sportiva that DP will be out for a month!!! :down: :scared: :mad:

That means that he will miss the following matches:
Empoli (H)
Parma (A) :scared:
Como (A)
Inter (H) :scared:
Man Utd (A) 2x:scared:
Man Utd (H) 2x:scared:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
We are in deep shit now, I think we can do the league matches without him (with the exception of Parma probably), but in the CL he's been a key player bar none.

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
NO way:fero:I thought they said on juventus.co that is was a thigh injury:fero:
I cant believe this, if this injury in any way disrupts his future performances I will kill someone.He was so close to peaking again, and oh the pain of playing Man U without him.
BULL, i'm not believing this until its on the official site.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
in breif & without making any suggestions for the situation that we are in right now : if Alex won't play for a moth , then we are doomed in both competitions cause we can't afford loose many points in our race with the 2 teams from milano , & as i see our upcoming matches we have many difficult ones that need del piero's presence to guide us to victory , on the other hand missing Alex in the champions league & for a complete month will be a complete misery for us cause MAN UTD aren't atalanta or Modena to cope without ALEX.
So guys just pray for the full & very fast recovery for our captain cause if it takes much time for him to come back . .we'll end the season with '0' trophies .

forza Alex
forza Juventus fc

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
First I want to say that I hope DP gets well real quick...We really need him !!

I read that it was a muscular strain, Lippi said he may only miss the next game and the NT game against Portugal

Now on to the non-performance of Juve- the first half was criminal, our guys looked and played as if they were hung over !! Nothing went right at all in the first half.

We were lucky that DiVaio got one back for us in the second half, it seemed that nothing we did worked. We really should have had no problem beating this team, but like I said before, when do we have an easy game ?? Has anyone seen Trez ?? I thought he was supposed to play today ??!!

On to my BIGGER worry. How is our unpredictable team supposed to beat Man U in the CL playing the way we did today, even worse, without DP ???? I realize that most of the teams in the EPL are weaker than those in Serie A ( with the exception of Man U, Arsenal, and maybe Chelsea), but its teams like Atalanta that we should be able to grab 3 points from. What do you think Man U would have done to us the way we played today ???????

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
A month?! I whole fooking month?!:scared::dazed: I hope this isn't official and Ale can recover faster than expected,we need him against Inter and even more so against Man Utd.:scared:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Atalanta 1-1 Juventus

Giovanni Vavassori: “We are beginning to notch up results because many of our players are recovering from fitness worries. They are now returning to their best form and you can see the difference.”

Marcello Lippi: “We weren’t our usual selves in the first half, but went better after the break and could have scored another goal. Alessandro Del Piero has suffered a muscular problem in his left thigh. We’ll know more in the next few days.”

Chievo 1-1 Lazio

Luigi Del Neri: “Lazio deserved the point, even if we were in the lead until two minutes from time. It was an entertaining encounter despite a damaged pitch from recent cold weather. Had the conditions been a bit better we would have been more impressive.”

Roberto Mancini: “We are pleased to have rediscovered our team play and fitness levels. We created a great deal and wasted plenty of it too. I don’t think it was a penalty, but the important thing is that my men did everything possible to win.”

Empoli 0-0 Como

Silvio Baldini: “Considering the period of form we’re going through it was a blessing to emerge with a point. We should have done more, but at least we didn’t leave empty-handed. Como took charge after the break and we lost our concentration.”

Eugenio Fascetti: “This is a good time for us and the team is very concentrated. Hope springs eternal and Como will continue fighting to avoid the drop until the very final whistle.”

Milan 2-1 Modena

Carlo Ancelotti: “It was inevitable that we would have problems scoring as Modena battened down the hatches in all areas. These games can become very difficult, but we had the strength and determination to keep pushing and eventually broke through. It was right to let Andrea Pirlo come on for the penalty. This squad has a great deal of quality, but we need to convert that into results each and every week.”

Gianni De Biasi: “Considering the vast difference in quality between the two teams, I must say I am happy with this performance. We only went a goal behind due to a penalty and had chances to grab a point at the death. Not many teams have come to the San Siro and scored.”

Parma 3-2 Udinese

Cesare Prandelli: “When we were left in ten men I decided to maintain the balance of the team by taking out Adriano. I’m sorry for him, but the squad did better with that tactical set-up. Adrian Mutu did incredibly well by taking the forward line onto his shoulders.”

Luciano Spalletti: “The game was decided by the referee’s interpretation of events. But I am still happy with my team’s performance as we tried to turn it around and attack Parma even when we were 3-1 down.”

Reggina 3-1 Perugia

Gigi De Canio: “The squad did extremely well to pass the ball around despite Perugia’s aggressive midfield play. We worked hard to avoid last week’s win at Lazio going to our heads, and it paid off. The new buys have added extra quality to the group.”

Alessandro Gaucci (director): “This Perugia side was ugly and unrecognisable from recent outings. We paid the price for the four splendid games we strung together in January and were clearly lacking in concentration.”

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I've missed the match this time :(
Looks like Nedved had a flu, and that's why he didn't play... schame! I didn't understand wheare DV played... behind the fowards or at the wing? Anycase looks like he was not bed, considering that he was out of his role, but Nedved it's too important, everytime he do not play or he's out of condition the team do not perform well...
In the TV they said that DP injur is very small and he will be missing not more than 10 days. But still, is time 4 DV to weak up, the team need him! About Salas... I lost all my hopes...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)