Atalanta-JUVE (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Firts of all, I want to say that today Juve show that we don't have a single player that Lippi can bring from the bench to change to course of a game...
I reeeeally I0m worry for DP, its clear that without him, Juve plays - 50 % :(

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
Blegh.

We plainly sucked in the first half. I doubt it's because of Nedved missing that we did, but the teamwork just wasn't there. Trez had a sh*tty game tonight. Almost had a chance to score (he was unmark at a point) from a perfect Zambrotta's cross, but lost his footing. Di Vaio is not good with the corners. He practically gave away our first corner and cause Atalanta to get back on the counter. We're lucky they didn't score then. A few other bad corners followed. Conte in the middle just didn't work out. And Lippi made a good decision by putting Tudor in place of him in the second half. Atalanta's goal was caused by a very bad defensive mistake on our part.

I bet Lippi must've given our boys a good kick in the arse during half time, cos we played much better in the second. Di Vaio's goal came 5 minutes after the 2nd half kick-off, a header straight in from a Camo corner. Camo seemed to be playing in a much deeper role too towards the center. And I think his yellow was a bit harsh. It wasn't a deliberate hand-ball IMO. After viewing the slow-motion replays again and again, even the commentators thought so.

On the other hand, Davids, Del Piero and Thuram were excellent tonight.

I'm gonna watch the tape again and probably give more detailed comments...

Ps: We really should be worrying about the next game. Camo is suspended, and we just need to hope that DP's ankle injury is not too serious (even though from the looks of it, I don't think he'll be able to play a few matches ahead :down: ). Hopefully by then, Nedved is able to play.

-S-
If Davids was soo great why the heck did Lippi sub him for Tacchi?!? And took off DV for Zala (not that DV is soo great but he's better than Zala)? To save a 1-1 result? :rolleyes:

BTW, after showing the reply over and over again on TV it was seen that both Camo and the Atalanta player touched the ball so both (not only Camo) should get the yellow.

IMO Doni shouldn't get the 2nd yellow and be sent off. He and Camo were rolling on the grass and then Thuram came and didn't push Doni away very nicely :undecide:

I'm not soo worried about this result (although it's a shame that we again lost the touch with Milan after they slipped last weekend) as I am about Camo and DP missing the next game.

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
Yes, they touched the ball, but it was clearly accidental IMO. Doni's second yellow was a bit harsh I admit. As to why Davids was subbed, I have no idea. IMO he played quite good in the mid.

Zala (I dunno)..he made one or two great runs but just couldn't finish anything :rolleyes:

Datasport ratings:

JUVENTUS
Buffon 6 - Not a lot engaged, seen the insufficient sight of ahead atalantini, not pu? null on the goal, where Pinardi fulmina it.

Ferrara 6 - Rossini strikes it devout? times on the sudden decisions, but ball to earth? unsurpassable.

Montero 6 - The defense today? seemed a po' titubante? a po' lacked its direction. Only a miracle of Taibi denies the joy to it of the goal.

Thuram 6,5 - It plays to all field. Decisive in the recoveries in defense and profit in the supports in ahead. A point in less because? he to being in delay on the fuorigioco in occasion of the orobico advantage.

Camoranesi 6,5 - Under the eyes attention of Trapattoni it does not bewitch, but confirmation its utilit. Its the parabola of the corner kick of the goal of Of Vaio and a sudden decision that Taibi turns aside with difficolt.

Conte 5,5 - Left anonymous, it comes replaced to the interval.

Davids 6,5 - The devout ones? in ball of the centrocampo juventino, in the resumption cove po' and a Lippi it replaces it.

Zambrotta 7 - Its new position in field exalts it. Careful and punctual in the most dangerous defense and with its raids in attack. In the resumption sforna 2-3 assist excellent. Trapattoni, present in tribune, make us on a pensierino...

Of 6,5 Piero - Lively and strong-willed person. In the first time it bewitches all with a dribbling "to the Zidane" and? one constant threat for the attack atalantino. Its accident not to make? to pass one beautiful night to the tifosi juventini, in attended of the outcome of the assessments.

Of Vaio 6 - a beautiful goal from opportunist Marks, but not it convinces neither for the position in field, neither for the played ones, to approximate times.

Trezeguet 5 - Famous hurting of the game. All the footballs bounce to it lean and of one does not control. Never dangerous.

Tudor 6 - Resumption for Conte enters to beginning and at least it puts the gag to Rossini on the sudden decisions.
Tacchinardi sv - It enters to the 74' for Davids, but it does not attract attention.

Zalayeta 6 - Di Vaio to the 74' replaces and played protagonist of a pair of interesting becomes. He has also the ball of the match, but he talks nonsense on Taibi.

All. Lippi 6 - Lights and shadows. First little convinced time of its, but in the resumption exits the true Juve.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
Football Italia reports:No Juve joy as Alex injured:down:
Juventus are held to a surprise draw, but the worst news comes from Alessandro Del Piero as he limped off with a suspected thigh strain.

Atalanta were coming off two consecutive victories when they welcomed title holders Juventus to the Stadio Azzurri d'Italia.

Pavel Nedved was ruled out with a throat infection, so Marco Di Vaio pushed Alessandro Del Piero into a deeper role.

Juve maintained some early possession, but the home side had the best chances with Fabio Rossini's drive over the bar and a splendid Lilian Thuram tackle stopping Alex Pinardi in his tracks.

Di Vaio went close on the half-hour mark with a curling left-foot effort from the edge of the box.

However, Atalanta stayed solid and took full advantage of a defensive error just before the break. Thuram kept Alex Pinardi onside and the teenager kept his cool to curl past Gianluigi Buffon with the outside of his right foot.

Juventus drew level at the dawn of the second half when Di Vaio was left unmarked for a free header on a Mauro Camoranesi corner kick.

The Argentine was being watched by Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni in the stands and only a desperate Massimo Taibi save prevented Camoranesi from scoring.

David Trezeguet did not have a particularly good game and his weak header was well saved, while Paolo Montero's header was also blocked.

Juve continued to push, but nine minutes from time Fabio Rossini saw a goal disallowed for a push.

The tension rose and Cristiano Doni saw his second yellow card for a late challenge on Montero.

The Bianconeri poured forward in the final minutes and Taibi performed another stunning save on Marcelo Zalayeta's shot from eight yards. Del Piero hurt his ankle and may have suffered a thigh strain during that move and limped off, leaving both teams in ten men.

Moments later Luciano Zauri drilled a dangerous effort inches wide of the far post.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Lets compare them to the ones form raisport.com :D

Juventus (4-3-3):

Buffon 6
Thuram 6
Ferrara 6
Montero 5.5
Zambrotta 6.5
Camoranesi 6
Conte 5.5 (1' st Tudor 6)
Davids 6 (29' st Tacchinardi 6)
Trezeguet 5.5
Del Piero 6.5
Di Vaio 6.5 (29' st Zalayeta 6)
Lippi 6.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
-Juventus.com
Del Piero, muscolar problem:down::down:
02 02 2003
Juventus' medical staff communicated that Alessandro Del Piero, out in the final minutes of Atalanta, had an injury and the right thigh. The recovery time will be valued in the forthcoming hours.

It said that it's thigh,not knee,huh...
where is the pro actually?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Poor result and worried about Ale's ankle. Those things take a few weeks to fully heal for normal people, I hope they can get him back in the game sooner with all the tricks of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)