Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Anyone who has played the current AC knows that the naval battles are fun.

As a huge fan of the AC series and also a big fan of the golden age of piracy I personally can't wait for this.

OP
Vlad

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
  • Thread Starter #3
    Anyone who has played the current AC knows that the naval battles are fun.

As a huge fan of the AC series and also a big fan of the golden age of piracy I personally can't wait for this.
    Indeed and I assume there will be some treasure hunting. The part I liked the most in the previous AC is when you collect different part of the map so you can find the location of an Oak Island and Kidd's treasure. That really got me as I'm the sucker for those things.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I'm still playing that game and have only just got round to completing the naval stuff.

I don't know about you but I seem to end up doing a lot of the side missions instead of going through the main game.

OP
    Vlad

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
  • Thread Starter #5
    I'm still playing that game and have only just got round to completing the naval stuff.

I don't know about you but I seem to end up doing a lot of the side missions instead of going through the main game.
    Exactly. They added amazing side missions like homestead, naval, and things like exploring underground passages, brawler missions etc. And I've also spent plenty of time searching for different animals, feathers and trinkets. They even added trading so you can earn a nice buck by sending your convoys with bear skin. I finished it 100% few months ago. One of the best gaming experiences.
    They certainly went a long way from original and somewhat grey and repetitive AC.

I kind of envy you for still playing it. Maybe I start it all over again.

OP
    Vlad

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
  • Thread Starter #10
    Do you think III is significantly better than Revelations? I just can't get into Revelations and because of this I haven't even touched III.
    It is. Most of my time I spent playing side missions and hunting animals for a quick buck. You have more aspects of a game than in Revelation. It's more open world than before.

Apr 15, 2006
    Do you think III is significantly better than Revelations? I just can't get into Revelations and because of this I haven't even touched III.
    I thought it was an entertaining game. The plot and the settings were interesting, other than the protagonist, the other characters were great(I personally LOVED the Templar Haytham), plus it finally ends the Desmond-2012 Doomsday storyline. But one thing I loved more than anything is the Homestead Missions. It was just such a different theme for AC that it was the most enjoyable.

PLAY IT!

OP
    Vlad

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
  • Thread Starter #15
    And also the naval missions were a real gem. I liked prior installments but compared to III they were less enjoyable imo.

Jul 10, 2006
    I thought it was an entertaining game. The plot and the settings were interesting, other than the protagonist, the other characters were great(I personally LOVED the Templar Haytham), plus it finally ends the Desmond-2012 Doomsday storyline. But one thing I loved more than anything is the Homestead Missions. It was just such a different theme for AC that it was the most enjoyable.

PLAY IT!
    Might want to spoiler the Haythem part, that legit shocked me when I found that out.

I am just now starting to play AC3. Starying squence 5, it's a good game. On par with Brotherhood so far, better than revelations.

the only thing I dont like, so far, is the setting. It's hard to beat running around Rome or Istanbul. Colonial Boston just doesn't stack up. So far.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    Might want to spoiler the Haythem part, that legit shocked me when I found that out.

I am just now starting to play AC3. Starying squence 5, it's a good game. On par with Brotherhood so far, better than revelations.

the only thing I dont like, so far, is the setting. It's hard to beat running around Rome or Istanbul. Colonial Boston just doesn't stack up. So far.
    AC3> all other assassin's creeds

for overall gaming experience that is. I'm actually looking forward to letting enough time pass so that I can replay it, how sad :sad:

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    It really is mate, I loved all of the previous games and found it hard to comprehend how they could better the series. But they definitely did, the naval quests are awesome, the assassination methods, the landscape, everything is just above and beyond what I personally expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)