Assassin's Creed III (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2006
I agree that the previous two were better. Not sure about the first one, even though it was the original, it was quite empty, even if it was a great environment.
AC2 was recently free on xbox live. I didn't start playing the AC games till Brotherhood.

I liked AC2, but Brotherhood was better.

I still haven't played the roginial Assassin's Creed.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
I essentially stab Redcoats on sight chanting USA USA or signing the Wolfe-Tones

Seriously, putting the ability to kill british soldiers in a game makes it hard to get anything else done.
This!

Thinking up horrible ways to kill them as well. Hang a red coat from a tree and then plant a bomb under him, when his mates come to check out the situation BOOOOOOM
:D

Nov 17, 2012
The darts are just the best.
Akimbo duel-wielding flintlocks ftw!
:D

- - - Updated - - -

Game is really $#@!ing glitchy.

Naval missions are so good. AC4 is going to amazing.

While I enjoy the frontier and the homestead, Boston & New York are just ugly as $#@!. Give me Roma or Florence or Venice any day.

Conner is way too serious, Ezio is a much better character. IDK how they will ever come up with a main character that tops Ezio.

The modern day mission in Brazil was pretty cool.

They need to make an AC game based in 19th century Japan, as the modern world is creeping in (Templar influence) the Samurai (assassins) fight back. :)

I really miss the special missions in Ezio's series like the armor of brutus missions in AC: Brotherhood, large underground caverns to explore. Or the giant cathedrals. I know 18th century America didn't have any places like this, but that's also why I think it wasn't the best choice of setting for an AC game.

Anyways, these are just some random thoughts I have had while playing through AC3. I do like the game, the UI, hud, maps, combat are all superior to everything they have done before. But the setting and characters just don't hold up.

I would give the Ezio trilogy a 9/10 overall, compared to that AC3 gets a 8/10. It would be a 7/10 without the excellent naval missions.
- I love the naval aspect of the game, I know it is 2 very different formats and games, but from a 1st person perspective, the Naval battles of AC3 rock! The missions are really fun (love the cannon/fighting controls, plus the wind, storms, changing weather aspects of it). From a strategic side of things, I feel brining in naval battles into the Total War franchise was a boon too, from the more large scope strategic side of things, and in their own way they deliver also (particularly with Napoleon and Shogun TW); it is a little of topic but thought it was worth mentioning, I'm glad companies are delving into the sail and cannon era of naval warfare, and are by-and-large pulling it off successfully.

- Ezio was just vast quantities of charming badass, he's probably one of my favourite fictional gaming characters hands down, his character evolution was remarkable, and his story was so detailed and expansive; all the adversaries he encountered, kudos to the writers for developing such a riveting narrative of his character and how the assassin plot intertwined in it. What I do like about Connor is that he probably comes across as being the humblest of all the main Assassin characters, plus, I love the half native American aspect, I thought they pulled it off well, and was reflected in the manner of his dialogue and behaviour.

- Yes, Brasil was awesome! :D

- Yeah I felt that was missing from this game too, shame you couldn't travel to say Philadelphia and even Charleston/Yorktown. Those side missions, be they Templar lairs and Assassin's tombs and the underground in the Villa Auditore (AC2 & Brotherhood), the Brutus armour and Towers (ACB) and the keys and den defence (ACR) I felt were all awesome additions that were missing. Not saying they all had to be there, but some remnants of them would have been nice, maybe the towers and defence might have had a place alongside the forts. In my opinion, the forts felt too easy to take over, maybe it should of been the case of having to take out towers in the city to gain control, then once they were all taken care of, then the forts could be conquered, just a thought. I thought too that the apprentice system that was introduced, expanded and refined throughout Brotherhood and Revelations was far too dumbed down and almost inconsequential. Whilst I thought too the homestead and crafting/trading was nice, some automations, and some residual income (like Monteriggioni, Roma & Constantinople) would have been nice (to reflect the expanding commerce within the growing homestead). The Cities of the Ezio games were all beautiful, charming and interesting, Firenze, Venezia, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Roma and even Constantinople (which reflected perfectly the blend of Ottoman Turkish and residual Byzantine Greek of the era).

- 19th century Japan would be a great idea, and good way to introduce a new modern character. Could tie in nicely with the collapse of the Tokugawa Shogunate, the re-emergence of the Emperor and the power-struggle between major factions/clans such as the Aizu, The Jozai, and The Nagaoka (Pro Shogunate) and The Tosa, The Satsuma, and the Choshu (Pro Imperial); add to that the subsequent Satsuma rebellion against the Emperor, which brought about the near total destruction of the Samurai class. Would be awesome weapon wise too, Ōdachis, Katanas, Wakizashis, Uchigatanas, Bisentos (Glave/Poleaxe), Tsukubōs, Naginatas, Kamayaris, Yaris, Tantōs, Ninjatōs, Hachiwaras, Kanabō (Spiked club), Ōtsuchi (War hammer/mallet), Ono (War axes & throwing hatchets), throwing knives, darts, Shuriken (throwing stars), Yumi (bows), Kama, more modern rifles (would be breech loading by this point I'd say, if not then much better muzzle loaders than 1770's/80's era guns). Would be nice too to see the meshing of Assassin tradition and eastern Martial Arts (the tie in with Japanese disciplines such as Kendo/Kenjutsu, Kyūjutsu, Karate, Koryū, Jujitsu and so on).

- My favourite game to date is without doubt Brotherhood, Ezio was just so badass, best blend of strength, speed, skill, experience and knowledge. I really enjoyed the overhauled, and much improved fighting system (encouraging offensive action, rather than just countering all the time, the introduction of firearms and the kill-streak mechanic); I loved too the real detail into replicating Rome from that era, and what felt like a huge struggle to recruit Assassins, throw off the yoke of the Borgia tyranny and improve Rome. Though I must say, plot wise, the ending to AC 2 was unreal, when Ezio makes it under the Sistine Chapel after the battle with Rodrigo Borgia; I also really thought the ending of the first game was intense, I never expected Al Mualim to turn haha. In saying that, I felt that the main console series didn't explore Altair enough, it would have been good with the first game had a sequel that included his excursions into Cyprus and some of his battles in rebuilding the order in Masyaf (and I think one of the DS games covered Cyrpus). Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)