asking about america (1 Viewer)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Anybody in this forum who lived in america??

i am from indonesia and i am planned to live there.
what document that i need??
how much money needed for rent a flat for 3 persons ??

thanks

please reply my... bro

Saint Rainhard

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
rainhard

rainhard

May 5, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    okay thanks don bes..

i have not decided yet..where to go.

but please inform me, the information in the place that you live .

for example
    if you in NY city,please inform me about NY.
    if in LA,please inform me bout LA etc
    just like that.

many thanks for all bros in JuventuZ forum

Jul 19, 2003
    It varies a whole lot. I'm paying $400/month for a 1 bedroom apt in Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana not Los Angeles). In NY, you could probably pay 4 times that.

Anyway, you definitely need a visa to come here. Do you want to study here?

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
    I live in the New York Area. For a studio apartment (thats just one room) in Manhattan or one if the nicer areas of NYC, be prepared to spend like $1,500-2,000 a month for rent. If you want a few bedrooms bedrooms, I'd venture to guess somewhere from $2,500-7,000 depending on many circumstances. In less desireable neighborhoods the prices would be significantly less but there are of course reasons for this.

Here in northen NJ, I live about 25 miles from NYC and a one bedroom in my town (nice suburban area) is like $750-1,000 a month. Areas closer to NYC in nice places will be closer to New York City prices then the northern NJ places.

In short if you want to live somewhere nice in New York City, be prepared to pay through the nose. And if you want to have a car, well you can probably add $500-$1,500 a month for a spot in a garage every month depending on the location.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    San Francisco was recently criminally insane in terms of housing costs. Now it's just criminally demented. (It's still criminally insane if anyone wants to actually buy something here.) Rents went down a lot following the dot com bust, but they've creeped up some since then.

A flat for three can cost you anywhere from the ridiculous ($3,500+ US/mo near the more desirable parts of town, like Nob Hill or Pac Heights) to the semi-"reasonable" ($1,800-$2,500 US/mo in parts the Richmond and Sunset districts -- where you'll occasionally encounter Indonesians -- and in some of the more Hispanic parts of town like the Excelsior and the Mission or East Bernal Heights districts, not far from where I am). Go across the Bay to Berkeley and north Oakland and you can save another 20-30% on rents.

After being gouged for rent, other costs are pretty reasonable by U.S. standards for food and other basics. In fact, produce here is cheaper than most places I've lived (Chicago, Maryland, North Carolina, etc.). Gas prices here are traditionally the highest in the country if you drive, but the local public transport can get you to a lot of places for $1.25.

This is an expensive place to be, but there's a reason for that -- it offers quite a bit. Especially for younger people.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++

thanks

please reply my... bro

Saint Rainhard
    Man, where do I begin ???

You cant just come and "live here"

You need to go thru a whole process to do that, which could take years...

If you are coming here as a student, it may be a shorter process, but seeing as though you are from Indonesia, a hub for terrorist activity, it could be a long time....

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by rainhard ] ++

thanks

please reply my... bro

Saint Rainhard
    So, what do you want to do in America?

Getting a visa did become a pain. Even though I have 6 American visas in my passport, they still were asking me all kinds of stupid questions.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

So, what do you want to do in America?

Getting a visa did become a pain. Even though I have 6 American visas in my passport, they still were asking me all kinds of stupid questions.

better safe than sorry, my friend !!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Getting the visa is indeed a pain and even more if you come from countries connected with terrorism

When I got my student one they didnt ask any stupid questions but I had to wait like 2 damn hours (thank God the embassy had some TVs that showed Euro 2004!)

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Man, where do I begin ???

You cant just come and "live here"

You need to go thru a whole process to do that, which could take years...

If you are coming here as a student, it may be a shorter process, but seeing as though you are from Indonesia, a hub for terrorist activity , it could be a long time....

Maybe im just being ignorant, but what terroist activity in indonesia?

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    [/B]

better safe than sorry, my friend !!
    Well, of course. Why not give a hard time to a citizen of one of America's most strategic allies, who lived in the US half of his life and appreciates all of its fundamental values and freedoms, and allow international terrorists with British passports get on the plane at Heathrow, get off at IAD and don't even take their fingerprints!

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

Well, of course. Why not give a hard time to a citizen of one of America's most strategic allies, who lived in the US half of his life and appreciates all of its fundamental values and freedoms, and allow international terrorists with British passports get on the plane at Heathrow, get off at IAD and don't even take their fingerprints!
    So goes the saying "no one's perfect " !!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)