Arturo Vidal (22 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
the point is you were comparing him to bench players like Rafinha, who were lucky :)hihi:) to win throphies, which simply isn't the case with Khedira, because he was a starter for all the teams he played in.
Sure but how big an impact did Khedira have for Real Madrid when they won the CL in 2014? Not really a big one, the same for Germany during the World Cup he was not one of the most vital players and didnt even play the final against Argentina. He started for Real Madrid in the 2014 final, but was taken out after 59 min and wasnt on the field when they turned it around.

Vidal havent won a CL or a World Cup, and nothing is given that he ever will. His impact for Chile and Juventus and now Bayern Munich is way bigger than Khediras for RM, Germany and now Juventus - i will hold on to that.

Khedira wasnt the reason Germany won the World cup, also not the reason Real Madrid won the CL. He is not really that important for his teams the same way as Vidal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Sure but how big an impact did Khedira have for Real Madrid when they won the CL in 2014? Not really a big one, the same for Germany during the World Cup he was not one of the most vital players and didnt even play the final against Argentina. He started for Real Madrid in the 2014 final, but was taken out after 59 min and wasnt on the field when they turned it around.

Vidal havent won a CL or a World Cup, and nothing is given that he ever will. His impact for Chile and Juventus and now Bayern Munich is way bigger than Khediras for RM, Germany and now Juventus - i will hold on to that.

Khedira wasnt the reason Germany won the World cup, also not the reason Real Madrid won the CL. He is not really that important for his teams the same way as Vidal.
Well said

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Khedira won the BL with Stuttgart, won the U20 Euro (or WC cant remember) and won his nation a bronze medal in the WC when no one gave them chances to go far. that all before he even joined Madrid at 23 years of age. its not like he was some one season wonder that Real bough only for his WC performances

- - - Updated - - -

So... by that logic Casillas is one of the best keepers of all time?
in his peak he was a great keeper obviously. one of the best of his generation

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

I'm not even debating that Vidal is the better player, but that doesn't mean one has to belittle Khedira all the time.

They aren't even the same type of player. Vidal is a beast, and best as back to back mid, Khedira has always been best as holding mid, no fancy shit. The quiet worker who frees up teammates by staying back and quick passing the ball forward.

In this role, as pure holding mid in a 4231 with enough attacking players surrounding him, i prefer Khedira over Vidal, simply because he is way more intelligent than the hothead Vidal and more unilkely to give away stupid fouls or misplacing a pass. Not to mention Vidal as holding mid is a waste and takes away his biggest strenghts.

Vidals impact for us in he CL final against Barca was enormous btw.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I know Vidal was shit for Juventus in the CL final, but that doesent take away that Khedira isnt as vital. When Vidal is on top his a one man army nearly, he can do it all and carry a team himself.

For Khedira i allways rated him, not trying to belittle him. The ones i compared before was more random, and not really about Khedira as i just found Zizinho´s posts strange. And i agree that theyre quite different and is hard to compare.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The best midfielder who performed in a Juve shirt over the past decade. It's not even close. In terms of achievements and accomplishments, Pirlo is clearly the better player, but in terms of effectiveness throughout his entire career with us, Vidal is by and large the best midfielder we have had over the past ten years.
Luckily they both stayed for the same time period with us.

2011/2012 clearly Pirlo was the more important player.

2012/2013 I am definitely leaning towards Pirlo being our most important player but lets say they were equals.

2013/14 Vidal was the more important player and had the

2014/15 Pirlo was the more important player

Then they both left us. Pirlo definitely was more of a key player for us since the Conte era began. Thats not to take anything away from Vidal who was the second most important player in that revival imo.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Yeah Pirlo easily the best mid in our recent history, Vidal is a good second. Not sure we'd be where we are at the moment if we hadn't signed Pirlo.
2012-2014 Pirlo was our most important player, but Vidal was absolutely ESSENTIAL aswell. Over the course of both their tenures here, I'd say their impact evens out quite well. Its like comparing Chiellini and Bonucci; both have been better at different times but you can't deny the importance of both.

Jun 6, 2015
Who's the best player in this year's chelsea
Not seen enough to make that judgment, but I would think it's one out of Costa, Hazard or Kante.

- - - Updated - - -

2012-2014 Pirlo was our most important player, but Vidal was absolutely ESSENTIAL aswell. Over the course of both their tenures here, I'd say their impact evens out quite well. Its like comparing Chiellini and Bonucci; both have been better at different times but you can't deny the importance of both.
Fair enough, but for me there's quite a big difference. Pirlo is the best mid I've seen play during my time of watching football.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pirlo is the superior player across his entire career, of that there is no doubt. Vidal's career isn't over yet though.

As for their tenure during their Juventus years, Vidal just shades it for me, as Pirlo was more of a liability in his last 12-18 months here.

Marchisio is a club legend, but his impact is nowhere near as influential. He is a very important player, but not someone who can make the difference in the attacking third.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Pirlo is the superior player across his entire career, of that there is no doubt. Vidal's career isn't over yet though.

As for their tenure during their Juventus years, Vidal just shades it for me, as Pirlo was more of a liability in his last 12-18 months here.

Marchisio is a club legend, but his impact is nowhere near as influential. He is a very important player, but not someone who can make the difference in the attacking third.
Did you miss 2011-12 when Marchisio finished with 10 goals-4 assists or 2012-13 when he finished with 8 goals 7 assists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)