Arturo Vidal (85 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
No way in hell should we sell Vidal. We need to keep all our players and buy Sanchez with our entire summer budget and our team will be very good.

And IF we do sell Vidal.. then we should ask for a lot. I dont think we can replace him but if we got Marcelo we could move Asamoah into midfield where he could play in Vidal's position then spend the money we get on Sanchez and someone else.

Vidal is a irreplaceable player though and I think it is vital to keep him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
As reported in today's Gazzetta dello Sport, the deal involving Morata is partially linked to Arturo Vidal who is courted by Real Madrid and Barcelona. The Merengues are putting pressure for the Chilean after having sensed the intention of Juventus to retain Paul Pogba.Marotta talks about Vidal being non-transferable but for 50 million Euros could yield.

Mar 30, 2006
It would be a real shame if we sold Vidal and would really be a sign to the fans we have no serious intention of doing well in Europe because there really is no player we could get to replace him. He is the cornerstone we should be building our team around to target the CL. Not give him to one of the biggest rivals in Europe.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
I have a feeling we'll sell him. At 27 years of age, he's at the peak of his value.

He scored 18 goals this season in all competitions. Whoever we get as replacement, be it good or bad, will lack the number of goals for sure.

Mar 30, 2006
I have a feeling we'll sell him. At 27 years of age, he's at the peak of his value.

He scored 18 goals this season in all competitions. Whoever we get as replacement, be it good or bad, will lack the number of goals for sure.
Well Asamoah is the best bet if Vidal left. It is much easier to find someone who can cover Asa on the left then find someone as good as Vidal in the Center. I think Asamoah can give a lot more in the center of midfield then he does on the left, especially now that he is so good at surging forward.

IF Vidal were to leave something like..

Marcelo--Pogba--Pirlo--Asamoah--Licht

I think that would be a solid midfield in the 352. But Vidal is out heart and we can't give him away.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It would suck to see him leave but I don't see us refuse hefty offers considering how EVERYONE at the club now complains about our finances.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
I finally agree with some of Moggi's words as of lately after thinking he lost his noodle. "would never sacrifice Arturo Vidal, though, and the same goes for Buffon, Andrea Pirlo and Giorgio Chiellini for they are a group of leaders."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)