Arturo Vidal (55 Viewers)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Has there been any reassurances that he will resign? I'm guessing the way A.A was speaking, it's only a matter of when we'll sell rather than if. Let him increase his value with a good World Cup and then cash in :tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Has there been any reassurances that he will resign? I'm guessing the way A.A was speaking, it's only a matter of when we'll sell rather than if. Let him increase his value with a good World Cup and then cash in :tup:
I thought the negotiation were to begin in February.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It all depends on Pogbas willingness to resign though. I'm sure he really likes Juve, but he grew up in Paris after all, and I think we shouldn't hold it against him if he decides to go there given he handles it appropriatly of course.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think we are a little too insecure. Possibly traumatized by calciopoli. Most of the great players we have now still remember us as the European giants we were before the scandal.

And in the case of Vidal, we took him from Bayer and made him an important player. And we are winning 90% of our games in Serie A. I think most, if not all, of our top players feel we are on par with the very best of the European teams whether it's true or not. It's true we crashed out of the CL this year but Vidal has experienced an undefeated season with us and this year we are even better in terms of points.

We as fans are always critical of our team for whatever reasons but for a footballer like Vidal who has never been on a top team, he must still feel something extraordinary when we are winning 90% of our matches. He probably has never been on a team at any level that achieved this amount of success. He must feel that we are close to unbeatable even though we are not.

In his case, why wouldn't he feel like we are a top 5 team in the world? One where he is comfortable, settled, cohesive and most importantly, a leader. Aside from an insane offer of personal wages, I can't really see an incentive for him to leave. He's South American and has no geographical ties to any European side. We are his home now. He has become the best CM in the world on Juventus and has a coach that believes in him completely.

When he asks himself what is the reward for leaving to another team, can he come up with any great answers besides an insane wage?

I would apply all of the above to Pogba as well, except he is from Paris and his agent is unpredictable. I think Vidal's future here is more certain than Paul's but we have lots to offer both of them and we were the ones who gave them their opportunities. We took Paul from a spring team and gave him his chance. And he took it. Don't think for a second that he won't remember that.

Now, us encountering a 80M offer for either of them is a whole other matter.

Jul 20, 2012
I think we are a little too insecure. Possibly traumatized by calciopoli. Most of the great players we have now still remember us as the European giants we were before the scandal.

And in the case of Vidal, we took him from Bayer and made him an important player. And we are winning 90% of our games in Serie A. I think most, if not all, of our top players feel we are on par with the very best of the European teams whether it's true or not. It's true we crashed out of the CL this year but Vidal has experienced an undefeated season with us and this year we are even better in terms of points.

We as fans are always critical of our team for whatever reasons but for a footballer like Vidal who has never been on a top team, he must still feel something extraordinary when we are winning 90% of our matches. He probably has never been on a team at any level that achieved this amount of success. He must feel that we are close to unbeatable even though we are not.

In his case, why wouldn't he feel like we are a top 5 team in the world? One where he is comfortable, settled, cohesive and most importantly, a leader. Aside from an insane offer of personal wages, I can't really see an incentive for him to leave. He's South American and has no geographical ties to any European side. We are his home now. He has become the best CM in the world on Juventus and has a coach that believes in him completely.

When he asks himself what is the reward for leaving to another team, can he come up with any great answers besides an insane wage?

I would apply all of the above to Pogba as well, except he is from Paris and his agent is unpredictable. I think Vidal's future here is more certain than Paul's but we have lots to offer both of them and we were the ones who gave them their opportunities. We took Paul from a spring team and gave him his chance. And he took it. Don't think for a second that he won't remember that.

Now, us encountering a 80M offer for either of them is a whole other matter.
I have taken my opinion back and feel like we should keep Pogba and Vidal even if we get a bid of 100m. Who would we bring in that would improve this team that could be brought in with 100m but you have to take into account for the wages?

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
I have taken my opinion back and feel like we should keep Pogba and Vidal even if we get a bid of 100m. Who would we bring in that would improve this team that could be brought in with 100m but you have to take into account for the wages?
Dude are you fucking high, you'd reject a 100mil offer for Pogba or Vidal? :sergio: :lol:
What the hell is wrong with you dude

Jul 13, 2010
Dude are you $#@!ing high, you'd reject a 100mil offer for Pogba or Vidal? :sergio: :lol:
What the hell is wrong with you dude
not wanting to sell key players is very natural reaction I guess, as you can never know if we will get anything better for that money, and as far as I am concerned results are more important than making money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)