Arturo Vidal (21 Viewers)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Oh, it's in the newbie section. Maybe that's why.

These are his two posts in a "Vidal or Gundogan" thread.

"Gundogan is a way smarter player with superb technique. His injury is awfully long though. If Gundogan is fit, he is way ahead of Vidal"

"I am pretty sure that I have seen more Gündoganmatches than you, I see almost every Dortmundmatch when they do not play at the same time as Bayern.
Gündogan is not decent. Carrick is decent. Gündogan has passing abilities which only other midfielders like Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta and Kroos share with him. Vidals passing is good, but for CL niveau only average.
His injury is long, true. That's why I said: If Gündogan is fit, he is better than Vidal. I have seen Vidal in Leverkusen alot and a a few times in the CL with Juventus. He has pace, he is a fighter, he wants to score and has a good but by no means great technique. He is the Bale of defensive football. He is effective, but he is not nearly as gifted as the really big central midfielders.
I have seen him. He can not control the speed of a game like Schweinsteiger. He is defensively nowhere near Busquets and Martinez. His technique is not nearly as flawless as Iniestas or Xavis.
Watch his games versus Bayern last season. He had problems there, the game was too fast for him and a stronger team won't allow defensive midfielders running over them. Against big teams tackling is not as important as taking space, pressuring the ball. All he really did was playing too aggressive which got him a yellow card and taking a few shots which turned out no good.
He has actually never proven in his career, that he can play highclass football. The Italian league has no other really good teams, in the Champions League they had one shity and one good, but not overvelming season. So how can you actually say he is worldclass, when he has hardly played a match, where worldclass was needed. You are worldclass, when you play worldclass against worldclass teams.

He had excactly ONE big game in his career in an important cup versus a worldclass team and played nowhere near worldclass. Calling him worldclass may not be unfair regarding Gündogan, cause he indeed is injured for some time now and nobody can foretell how he will come back, but it is a joke calling him the best, when there are players like Xavi, Busquets, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Kroos, Toure and Xabi Alonso out there. Those players are so far ahead, he could be glad if he'd only have half their career.

Gündogan is modern football. Vidal perfectly fits into the football of the early 2000s and late 90s. Some people at United somehow still think we live in this time. We don't. Technique and tactical discipline wins titles. Pace and good tackling will only get you so far until you face other teams who have just as talented players. And then players like Gündogan can make a difference, whereas Vidal won't run over a perfectly organized defense and score out of 30 meters."

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

"Gundogan is a way smarter player with superb technique. His injury is awfully long though. If Gundogan is fit, he is way ahead of Vidal"

"I am pretty sure that I have seen more Gündoganmatches than you, I see almost every Dortmundmatch when they do not play at the same time as Bayern.
Gündogan is not decent. Carrick is decent. Gündogan has passing abilities which only other midfielders like Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta and Kroos share with him. Vidals passing is good, but for CL niveau only average.
His injury is long, true. That's why I said: If Gündogan is fit, he is better than Vidal. I have seen Vidal in Leverkusen alot and a a few times in the CL with Juventus. He has pace, he is a fighter, he wants to score and has a good but by no means great technique. He is the Bale of defensive football. He is effective, but he is not nearly as gifted as the really big central midfielders.
I have seen him. He can not control the speed of a game like Schweinsteiger. He is defensively nowhere near Busquets and Martinez. His technique is not nearly as flawless as Iniestas or Xavis.
Watch his games versus Bayern last season. He had problems there, the game was too fast for him and a stronger team won't allow defensive midfielders running over them. Against big teams tackling is not as important as taking space, pressuring the ball. All he really did was playing too aggressive which got him a yellow card and taking a few shots which turned out no good.
He has actually never proven in his career, that he can play highclass football. The Italian league has no other really good teams, in the Champions League they had one shity and one good, but not overvelming season. So how can you actually say he is worldclass, when he has hardly played a match, where worldclass was needed. You are worldclass, when you play worldclass against worldclass teams.

He had excactly ONE big game in his career in an important cup versus a worldclass team and played nowhere near worldclass. Calling him worldclass may not be unfair regarding Gündogan, cause he indeed is injured for some time now and nobody can foretell how he will come back, but it is a joke calling him the best, when there are players like Xavi, Busquets, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Kroos, Toure and Xabi Alonso out there. Those players are so far ahead, he could be glad if he'd only have half their career.

Gündogan is modern football. Vidal perfectly fits into the football of the early 2000s and late 90s. Some people at United somehow still think we live in this time. We don't. Technique and tactical discipline wins titles. Pace and good tackling will only get you so far until you face other teams who have just as talented players. And then players like Gündogan can make a difference, whereas Vidal won't run over a perfectly organized defense and score out of 30 meters."

kwadman

Apr 2, 2013

He has actually never proven in his career, that he can play highclass football. The Italian league has no other really good teams, in the Champions League they had one $#@!y and one good, but not overvelming season. So how can you actually say he is worldclass, when he has hardly played a match, where worldclass was needed. You are worldclass, when you play worldclass against worldclass teams.

excellent point , big ups to you. They keep talking about how world class vidal is , yet he is the one whose team has failed to step up to World class teams , What did he do against bayern, Against Galatasary even Sneijder stepped up . It is easy to look good in the seria because honestly they would make you stay back and have possession. with the exception of (napoli and Roma). Conte is overated , as to why he only focus on "seria A".

- - - Updated - - -

kwadwo asmaoh is obvisouly better than vidal .

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
excellent point , big ups to you. They keep talking about how world class vidal is , yet he is the one whose team has failed to step up to World class teams , What did he do against bayern, Against Galatasary even Sneijder stepped up . It is easy to look good in the seria because honestly they would make you stay back and have possession. with the exception of (napoli and Roma). Conte is overated , as to why he only focus on "seria A".

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be either be Alen or trolling.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)