Arturo Vidal (27 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If we sold Vidal for 50m, obviously.
Remember that 7m net wages in Italy is 14 million before taxes. A 4-year contract would cost 56 million euros.

Then you'd have to add the 40 million transfer fee on top of that. We just can't afford it, even with the sale of Vidal.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Remember that 7m net wages in Italy is 14 million before taxes. A 4-year contract would cost 56 million euros.

Then you'd have to add the 40 million transfer fee on top of that. We just can't afford it, even with the sale of Vidal.
I know how it works and this is how elite football works. Juventus is in the top 10 richest clubs in the world, they can afford it. And 56m is not that crazy, we're paying Tevez 44m for his contract. Falcao is one of the best of the world, you obviously get what you pay for. And the Vidal money will go straight into the Falcao transfer so we don't have to take out a loan or anything, the transfer fee will already be taken care of. And we're owed Vidal 5m a year until 2017 which is about 30m that frees up.
And this is without adding to the fact that a superstar name like Falcao will sell shirts and other merchandises like crazy.

If we sold Vidal and really wanted Falcao to happen, it can be arranged.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We'd go further in the red, but maybe, just maybe, it could be arranged, as you said.

However, our goal is to win the Serie-A. And to "do our best" in Europe.

Would it be worth the financial risk, with these goals in mind?

Losing Vidal (and Llorente, see X's post) in the process?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Fuk Falcao if it means to lose Vidal. He is one of our emblematic players and is already a pillar of our midfield.

Unless Vidal wants out, i prefer just to stick to our guns. Would be optimal to get both, but not at expense of the other.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
so if vidal were to be sold, how would you use the funds?
Not sure I would, to be honest. Not with the players currently available. I'd look at bringing Rabiot in for a very modest fee, and then save the rest of the money for next summer. Lump it together with the Adidas money. At the moment, I see no real replacement for Vidal on the market.

As for Falcao, I will stand by what I said about him being too expensive for us at the moment. I did say to Suns "maybe" we could pull it off if we sold both Vidal and Llorente, but even in such a scenario I would find it highly unlikely that we could afford such a player. Or that it would be wise to take such a financial risk, losing two brilliant players in the process.

I'd be more concerned with doing all that I could to ensure Vidal stays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)