Arturo Vidal - DM - Bayer Leverkusen (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
Not when Milan signed Robinho. Not when Inter signed Milito. Not when Napoli signed Cavani. Not when barca signed Sanchez. You hear these clubs linked to a high profile player, two weeks afterwards the player is presented.

With Juventus we hear about these players months before the season ends and the entire transfer window and we see them sign with another club. We then hear Marotta saying that the asking price was way out of our reach but we bought Martines for 12 Million and all the loaned players that we were not forced to buy.
we hear about all those players that much time before any negotiations really start because we're highly interested in juventus and soak up all the rumours that are out there. we never know what's really going on until the some last details of the negotiations. what we know now is that we intend to buy a player that is well-known as a high-calibre player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I wont give marotta much credit for pirlo free transfer,his contract ran out and AC merda would have easily kept him if they paid his wages. We got him because we agreed to pay his wages.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
WΏΏdy;3142558 said:
I wont give marotta much credit for pirlo free transfer,his contract ran out and AC merda would have easily kept him if they paid his wages. We got him because we agreed to pay his wages.
Well obviously. We can only get players if we agree to pay a wage they find acceptable. The other side of it is that a free transfer Pirlo would be sought after, we moved very quickly on this deal. This is Marotta's market after all, plus it's easier for everyone to move domestically.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
we assume these teams are also interested. does not change the fact that we should not pay a lot above what we think the player is worth to us. moreover aguero may not be the only player that could have the desired effect on our team performance.

do i assume correctly that you would have paid the asking price on the first day of the transfer window in order to secure aguero?
Not the asking price but at least close enough to do some negotiations and do not leave room for other teams to interfere before we seal the deal.

Sanchez was a pretty drawn out transfer, considering the player would swim to Barcelona to play there. In regards to Robinho he moved on the final day of the transfer window last year. With Milito you have the Inter-Genoa jerk fest factor. There are all sorts of intricacies in high profile deals. From our perspective the fans demand big names, to be linked to big names, and to be assured that we are looking at big names. So Marotta has been asked the question, he has replied with a 'yes', and now several of his targets are away on international duty. However he has said several times that he will wait until August 31st if possible. What I think you are worried about, and I to an extent too, is that by then we will have missed out on our leading objectives.

Not that I agree with Secco's methods of spending but if Marotta actually wants Agüero, Vidal and others 100% then he could have done what Secco did with Diego and tied it up very early. As he was dealing with free transfers (+1 for Pirlo btw) and Lichtsteiner it didn't happen and now he's playing games with several players at once, hoping the cards fall nicely. It's a very risky tactic with all the new and old money around in the game.

Edit: Actually Marotta didn't know the budget until recently, which puts paid to mega early deals.
Which is even more retarded, why did the owners give him the budget so late? And Pirlo does not deserve any credit, we seem to be able to agree terms with players but not with clubs and for Pirlo it was only to agree terms with him. And there are much more other examples on how high profile players are secured fast enough not to allow other teams to interfere. Regardless when it is done, it should be done fast. The perfect example was Robinho, no one knew where he was going, no one knew of Milan's interest and all of a sudden he arrived there. Fast, effective and without competition. You are afraid we will lose out on good players, I am sure we will and I am sure we will make panic buys a la Gilardino.

we hear about all those players that much time before any negotiations really start because we're highly interested in juventus and soak up all the rumours that are out there. we never know what's really going on until the some last details of the negotiations. what we know now is that we intend to buy a player that is well-known as a high-calibre player.
Yet we want to do it on our conditions and our evaluation of the players, the clubs will simply refuse that as there are other buyers out there. All the teams want high profile players in their ranks.

javi_berti

May 1, 2005
Not the asking price but at least close enough to do some negotiations and do not leave room for other teams to interfere before we seal the deal.
but that's almost impossible. as you say yourself:
All the teams want high profile players in their ranks.
probably every high profile player has some suitors. some we just never hear publicly about. the only possibility to secure a player without ado would be to pay the asking price upfront.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Vidal: «La Juventus? Speriamo. Per la mia carriera sarebbe un’oc*casione straordinaria».

Juventus? I wish. For my career it would be an extraordinary occasion

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Bayern said it does not matter if they don't sign him this year, cause they will get him on a free transfer next year if he stays at Leverkusen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)