Arthur (37 Viewers)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
To his credit I can vaguely remember Arthur resisting relentlessly for a while anyway joining us in the Pjanic deal and Paratici having to have multiple meetings.

It seemed to benefit us and Barca enormously and they really had to convince him to accept in the end.

His heart never really was in the move and we obviously play the extreme opposite of what he would call football.

I remember at the time being elated thinking we were getting better deal as he was far younger than Pjanic and played that hipster football that came with our rebranding.

Best part about it is I'd never actually seen him play.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
To his credit I can vaguely remember Arthur resisting relentlessly for a while anyway joining us in the Pjanic deal and Paratici having to have multiple meetings.

It seemed to benefit us and Barca enormously and they really had to convince him to accept in the end.

His heart never really was in the move and we obviously play the extreme opposite of what he would call football.

I remember at the time being elated thinking we were getting better deal as he was far younger than Pjanic and played that hipster football that came with our rebranding.

I've still never seen him play

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
1689696362992.png

Am I the only one who thinks this will backfire for us????

Fiorentina will not use the option to buy cause:

1. The playe will be a failure
2. His salary us way to much high

That means that after the loan we will have to deal with Arthur now until 2026!!!!!

Someone please explain to me how is this a good deal? WTF Giuntoli!!!!!????

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
[
A contract renewal???!!!?? This better means that there will be an obligation to buy!!!
IMG_1785.jpeg
It is to reduce his ridiculous yearly amortisation value on the books and spread it over a further year to help us in the interim (ie - this season).

In all probability it means we will either be stuck with him until 2026 or we will give him a pay off and termination in the summer of 2025.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
1689696362992.png

Am I the only one who thinks this will backfire for us????

Fiorentina will not use the option to buy cause:

1. The playe will be a failure
2. His salary us way to much high

That means that after the loan we will have to deal with Arthur now until 2026!!!!!

Someone please explain to me how is this a good deal? WTF Giuntoli!!!!!????
let's wait until some actual details are released. if we keep him with the same wages then we're retarded and there's no rational explanation, otherwise it depends on the numbers

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I get it. But I still hate it.

Only in pro sports man. As soon as you get that 1 big contract you can literally sit on a bench and do some light training for years and still get millions.

Absolutely pathetic. He doesn't deserve minimum wage but sure let him bounce around from club to club collecting millions because a few years ago he came on for Xavi and passed the ball sideways a few times.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

one of my friends is a big barca guy and he was so pissed at the swap that I actually believed we found our next star LOL.

Now that I think about it, the majority of juve fans were excited about the deal. I bet the early pages of this thread would prove that.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It is to reduce his ridiculous yearly amortisation value on the books and spread it over a further year to help us in the interim (ie - this season).

In all probability it means we will either be stuck with him until 2026 or we will give him a pay off and termination in the summer of 2025.
And we're sure we can't be accused of financial manipulation or whatever because of this?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
And we're sure we can't be accused of financial manipulation or whatever because of this?
it's 100% legal. then again, plusvalenza motivated swap deals were legal too.

anyway, if we keep arthur's 5.5m net wage for the 2025/26 season too then it makes zero sense to extend. either we spread the current wages too or it's some retardation i can't explain

Apr 17, 2013
I get it. But I still hate it.

Only in pro sports man. As soon as you get that 1 big contract you can literally sit on a bench and do some light training for years and still get millions.

Absolutely pathetic. He doesn't deserve minimum wage but sure let him bounce around from club to club collecting millions because a few years ago he came on for Xavi and passed the ball sideways a few times.
Barça have solved the pjanic case for years and we are still floundering with the Arthur problem, it's pathetic. Motherfucker Paratici.

Apr 17, 2013
it's 100% legal. then again, plusvalenza motivated swap deals were legal too.

anyway, if we keep arthur's 5.5m net wage for the 2025/26 season too then it makes zero sense to extend. either we spread the current wages too or it's some retardation i can't explain
We have to do it because Liverpool paid all of his salary (what a bunch of idiots) something the purple rats don't do.

He will agree to spread his salary. Even accepting this he still earns infinitely more than his next club will agree to pay him anyway.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
20m obligation? again, i have no idea how accurate is it, but if it's true then the extension makes sense: it lowers the amortization for next season

also, commisso might be a barking dog in front of the press but if he really pays 20m for arthur then he's a bigger gobbo than del piero and nedved combined

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)