Arthur (12 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
considering yearly costs, arthur is the 3rd most expensive player in the league. oshimen, de ligt, arthur is the top3, scratch that. even if he was at loca's level, we'd consider offers for him, he is that expensive.

i still think he'll stay until the summer.
I’m pessimistic for a loan. I think he has potential, Loca and Arthur seem to compliment each other.

The rewards of saving 5 million on his loan isn’t convincing me tbh.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
considering yearly costs, arthur is the 3rd most expensive player in the league. oshimen, de ligt, arthur is the top3, scratch that. even if he was at loca's level, we'd consider offers for him, he is that expensive.

That's just accounting junk.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Actually Arthur is very easy to replace. Whatever he does as a regista, our own Rovella does it better.

Yep, I know that the kid is just 20yo and Juve's shirt has different weight. All that is true but on a technical and tactical level, he's simply a better fit for what Allegri asks for. He's simply a natural fit for the role, I've seen enough of the kid to be confident about this one.

I like the recent improvement from Arthur a lot but if someone comes calling and takes him on a loan + obligation, we shouldn't think twice.

If I had to bet though, I'd say that we stay as we are and changes will be made during the Summer. In some other, weird scenario we could have Arthur + Rovella for the regista spot and that would allow Locatelli to be a full time b2b. Then you just grab another competent b2b and our midfield suddenly doesn't look so hopeless. I know it's too far fetched for now tho :p

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I’m pessimistic for a loan. I think he has potential, Loca and Arthur seem to compliment each other.

He’s young enough that if he stays fit and continues playing like this maybe we could extend his contract for the same salary. Would save a ton on his amortization.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Actually Arthur is very easy to replace. Whatever he does as a regista, our own Rovella does it better.

Yep, I know that the kid is just 20yo and Juve's shirt has different weight.
Very easy to counter that whole “playing for Juve is different” argument that old fucks like to bring up whenever a young player is mentioned; he’ll also be surrounded by better players, which in theory should make his job easier, especially as a center mid where he’s more director than finisher. So unless he’s a complete mental midget, I’d have zero reservations about starting him. Doesn’t mean there won’t be an adjustment, but that goes for any new player, not just the young ones.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
I’d love to swap Arthur for Rovella, ultimately. But that’s not a deal to conduct in January and above all not this season. Too much of unnecessary risk.
Also I’d definitely sell Ramsey, Rabiot and Bentancur -in this particular order- before him.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

But if we loan him, only his salary for 6 or 18 months goes away from that yearly cost, right? The massive transfer fee is still there, no?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But if we loan him, only his salary for 6 or 18 months goes away from that yearly cost, right? The massive transfer fee is still there, no?
depends on the agreement with the loaner club. theoretically we could have a contract that would cover all costs or at least some of the amortization besides the wages, but no club is that stupid probably. gross wages are ~6.5m in our books with the reduced taxes, so to pay him the same net, arsenal and the likes should account around 9m i guess. and that's not too cheap in first place. one thing is sure, no club will pay over 20m per season for arthur, so getting rid of the whole amortization is out of question.

again, my guess is that we will keep him. he's been fine lately, and with loca further up the pitch, we absolutely look a more threatening team in possession. we need to capitalize on that, so until he's here, forza arthur, stay healthy and fit.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
depends on the agreement with the loaner club. theoretically we could have a contract that would cover all costs or at least some of the amortization besides the wages, but no club is that stupid probably. gross wages are ~6.5m in our books with the reduced taxes, so to pay him the same net, arsenal and the likes should account around 9m i guess. and that's not too cheap in first place. one thing is sure, no club will pay over 20m per season for arthur, so getting rid of the whole amortization is out of question.

again, my guess is that we will keep him. he's been fine lately, and with loca further up the pitch, we absolutely look a more threatening team in possession. we need to capitalize on that, so until he's here, forza arthur, stay healthy and fit.
Y, not a fan of dry loan, it doesnt help much. If we loan him with a decent loan fee or theres an obligation to buy for 30ish meur at the end of loan period thats good enough though.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Juventus and Arsenal continue talks for #Arthur, negotiations are taking a good turn and the player is already looking for a home in London. #AFC #Juventus

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

If he move it should be obligation to buy. Arsenal is the one who really need him to partner Partey for double pivot or they will stuck to play Xhaka. For now, Arthur is their target, but in the summer they have more time to explore other option

For Arthur, he wants to get 1st team football

For us, i dont think its beneficial to get only saving 5 mio. salary. We need him more in the squad than this saving. Also i remember someone said we will lose that tax saving if he go out on loan for 6 months to get back later.

So if Arsenal really want him, it should be permanent transfer or obligation to buy (performance related or if they can get CHL spot)

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Pls sell him (at least loain with an option to buy) , don't simply loan , because Arenall will find out he ain't good and won't buy .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)