Arthur (2 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Very impressed with this guy's play yesterday from what I have read. Seems he wasn't just controlling the ball with no productive upfield advancement. Nothing against Pjanic, the guy was great for Juve but I prefer shorter passing offensive game like you see with Spain's national team for years. Arthur is that and like US football maybe not as big of a return from a short pass compared to a long one, but more of them will be successful.

PS I don't care if you're a small person, I'm behind anyone who can get Juve a CL title! :juventus:

PS2 And I desperate enough to want the Devil himself here! :sergio:
1606052487014.png

I hope we get this MFer in the 16 or later stage!

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Great display from him. Hopefully he builds up more confidence and starts to get some shots and runs into the box.
Watching him play looks like he has tons of talent, but he's far from reaching it yet.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Just for everyone who likes to talk about him providing youtube assists, his job is not to provide assists as if he was Pirlo or Tom Brady. That is not his game. His job is to move the ball forward, fast. If you hear Pirlo from the sidelines who keeps shouting 'veloce' all the time then notice how quick Arthur distributes the ball away, usually with one touch.

I'm so impressed by him.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
One of the best today in my opinion. He was so secure on the ball and kept our game flowing (until final third). Seemed more attacking today as well.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Secure with the ball but seems like a luxury. He doesn't protect the defence or seem able to create. I wouldn't say that he has moved the ball quickly so far. His main positive for me is being able to keep the ball under pressure and break the press.

He has improved since his early performances but I'm still not convinced on him yet.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Secure with the ball but seems like a luxury. He doesn't protect the defence or seem able to create. I wouldn't say that he has moved the ball quickly so far. His main positive for me is being able to keep the ball under pressure and break the press.

He has improved since his early performances but I'm still not convinced on him yet.
He needs to play with Rabiot. Bentancur is a terrible partner for him, and Mckennie isn't great either.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He needs to play with Rabiot. Bentancur is a terrible partner for him, and Mckennie isn't great either.
I'm not convinced the partner makes him better defensively, more creative or move the ball quicker.

He definitely had his best game at the weekend and that was with Rabiot but it is too early to tell. Hopefully he improves and develops a better understanding with all of the midfielders.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

He's WC at that, no questions. He receives a ton of shit passes from others when being in unfavorable positions and still manages to shield the ball and keep possession most of the times.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I thought he was generally very good and was let down by the poor performance of his midfield partners. Bentancur was so lazy and McKennie looked clueless.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I thought he was generally very good and was let down by the poor performance of his midfield partners. Bentancur was so lazy and McKennie looked clueless.
Was he though?

At times he seemed the only person winning back possession. I'd be interested to see his stats from today's game compared to the rest of the team.

I remember one in particular where both Arthur and Dybala didn't bother to put in any effort to defend down the near touchline in the first half and Bentancur covered across well from the opposite side.

Agreed on McKennie, he has looked out of his depth so far.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Was he though?

At times he seemed the only person winning back possession. I'd be interested to see his stats from today's game compared to the rest of the team.

I remember one in particular where both Arthur and Dybala didn't bother to put in any effort to defend down the near touchline in the first half and Bentancur covered across well from the opposite side.

Agreed on McKennie, he has looked out of his depth so far.
Maybe I only recalled the second half out of frustration. He looked lazy in that second half before getting substituted, probably still fatigued after international break.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I love his ability to break the opponents press, sliding through 1-2 players with quick skill, reminds me of Pirlo and how confident he was even when teammates constantly dumped the ball on him in bad situations.

I hate how he's not capable of a longer pass, that makes his game sooo limited, why have quick players like Ronaldo, Kulu, Chiesa, Morata upfront if you've got a midfield that can't play a single lob behind the defense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)