Arthur (15 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Actually he did, they deployed him as a b2b in 3-man midfield of their classic 433. Those Xavi comparisons had to come from somewhere, you know. The thing is his output in terms of numbers was nothing to get excited about but IMO he could play this role here if Pirlo decided to go for a 3-man mid. Many will disagree I guess.

Surely, he's pretty shy when going forward but here it's even more visible as Pirlo deploys him way deeper.
I feel like Pirlo is trying to make a Pirlo out of him.

He doesn’t seem to have the proper skillset for that... He’s not one for long balls, is he? Also he doesn’t really help the defense in any way. Reason why I’m wondering if playing closer to the goal would make a difference.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I feel like Pirlo is trying to make a Pirlo out of him.

He doesn’t seem to have the proper skillset for that... He’s not one for long balls, is he? Also he doesn’t really help the defense in any way. Reason why I’m wondering if playing closer to the goal would make a difference.
I think Pirlo wants to play him low because he keeps the ball very well, can get out of press easily and move the ball forward or simply pass it to someone else. All the other midfielders that we have are far worse in this aspect.
Arthur's long range passing is average I'd say and I'm pretty sure Pirlo knows this. This alone makes it impossible to make him a classic, Italian regista.

If Sarri was here, I'm sure Arthur would play as a b2b, the same way he was deployed in Barca.

Right now we have to hope he turns into a Thiago Alcantara but without long-range passing, because that's one thing that Arthur is missing for sure. maybe it makes sense, who knows at this point?

Jun 16, 2020
I think Pirlo wants to play him low because he keeps the ball very well, can get out of press easily and move the ball forward or simply pass it to someone else. All the other midfielders that we have are far worse in this aspect.
Arthur's long range passing is average I'd say and I'm pretty sure Pirlo knows this. This alone makes it impossible to make him a classic, Italian regista.

If Sarri was here, I'm sure Arthur would play as a b2b, the same way he was deployed in Barca.

Right now we have to hope he turns into a Thiago Alcantara but without long-range passing, because that's one thing that Arthur is missing for sure. maybe it makes sense, who knows at this point?
I agree. Arthur dropped back between our defenders to help in the build-up on several occasions. Him pairing with Bonucci worked really well against Spezia. He’s the obvious choice as our regista at this moment. Bentancur is not in good form so I think we’ll see Arthur in that role for a while now, with Rabiot adding some muscle in front of him. Hopefully he’ll continue to grow as it’s still early days.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m wondering why he came off because he literally sprinted off the pitch at half time. Severe dose of the shits maybe ?
that’s exactly what it was. Intestinal problem.

as for his play, I’ll keep saying he doesn’t belong in a two man mid. Maybe it worked in Brazil but it’s not gonna work in Europe.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Hope it’s not the ‘Rona

Great through ball for Cuadrado to help set up the opening goal, but not much else from him. Too passive and often times plays it way too cautiously. He’s a bit of a worry defensively too.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
He has a great awareness and can handle being surrounded by multiple players, that's why i don't get it why when we are in possession and trying to build he is very often positioned just in front of the defence. Basically doing the same that central CB should do. He should be further, making things click in the crowded areas, not passing between LCB and RCB.

usually it looks like:

--------opposite team defending---------
Arthur
LCB-------------------------RCB
CB
Woj​
5 our players just to reach the 1st opponent's player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)