Arthur (8 Viewers)

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I think put him more upfront will be better. He has good short passes. Aka the Ramsey position

His short passes are good. He can shield the ball and take some men thus creating space for others

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
It's still early for him, but thus far he looks like style over substance type of player. He is really good at keeping and recycling possession, but I'm not sure that is the kind of team Pirlo wants us to be. If he wants to succeed here, he needs to start taking more risks with his passing and limit the amount of touches he takes on the ball imo. He's definitely a technically gifted player though so I'm hoping that with time and the right coaching he learns these things.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Didnt follow him at Gremio so Im not sure he can be more aggressive/direct/creative with the ball.

But I do know thats what Barca fans complained about and this is the expectations Pirlo already made public.

Also, not sure about his fit for the defensive groundwork a 2 men mid needs.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I saw him more as a simplepass man, with occasionally some throughball if we have runners upfront

I really think he will look good in UCL games, more than in Serie A
that is because he can attract players to press him and the team in UCL more open to do aggressive press

In Serie A, when we have the ball, almost all of the team will drop down cover space instead and park the bus
With his style of play, it just looks like we miss the opportunity because he dwells on the ball too long and when he launches the pass the opponent already in their position

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Didnt follow him at Gremio so Im not sure he can be more aggressive/direct/creative with the ball.

But I do know thats what Barca fans complained about and this is the expectations Pirlo already made public.

Also, not sure about his fit for the defensive groundwork a 2 men mid needs.
And that's a big problem considering Pirlo seems to think most of the midfielders only work in a 2-man midfield, which I find a bit absurd.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Arthur play as a more defensive mid in 2 mid of 4-2-3-1 formation @ Gremio

Allegri will play 4-2-3-1 instantly with our current players

CR7, Dybala, Ramsey, Kulu, Chiesa, Cuadrado, Berna will fight for 3 spots behind #9
Bentancur, Arthur, Rabiot, McKennie will fight for 2 spots in mid
Morata will be our #9 and Dybala as a backup if he is not available

De Ligt, Chiellini, Demiral ,Bonnucci will fight for 2 spots in CB
Alex Sandro and Frabotta will be on left fullback
Danilo and Cuadrado will be on right fullback

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He’s barely done anything wrong so far I don’t know what people were expecting? The whole team is suffering at the minute we cant expect players who’ve only just arrived to carry the team.
The players who were here before this year have been the biggest let downs so far.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Koeman giving Pjanic all the minutes against Juve was a smart move, Mire played his heart put. Pirlo giving a super motivated Arthur 8 minutes of crap time is unexplicable to me, was he injured or what?
I don't think he was injured. Pirlo simply chose two bigger dudes who are capable of defending better than Arthur. The latter might become a proper holding mid in the future but it seems to me like he's born to play in 3-man midfield (at least he knows this setup very well).
The 3-man midfield seemed more right to me vs Barca but Pirlo insisted on two holding mids, so someone had to stay out.

When it comes to Arthur - everything takes time. We received a much younger player for Pjanic but the trade off is not good for Juve short term. I guess everyone knew this, that's part of the rejuvenating process.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I don't think he was injured. Pirlo simply chose two bigger dudes who are capable of defending better than Arthur. The latter might become a proper holding mid in the future but it seems to me like he's born to play in 3-man midfield (at least he knows this setup very well).
The 3-man midfield seemed more right to me vs Barca but Pirlo insisted on two holding mids, so someone had to stay out.

When it comes to Arthur - everything takes time. We received a much younger player for Pjanic but the trade off is not good for Juve short term. I guess everyone knew this, that's part of the rejuvenating process.
dropping arthur because of his lack of defensive skills was wrong. he surprised me a lot vs verona with 6/6 duels won and 5 tackles (or 6, depending on the source), which is easily the best defensive contribution of any midfielder this season. while the original idea of playing the bigger dudes might have looked great, it clearly didn't work, so arthur should have been subbed in after 55-60 minutes instead of chiesa who was completely isolated and couldn't beat sergi roberto anyway.

thing is we don't have a plan b yet. we need one asap, with 3 cm's. difficult to implement because we have a stacked attack and it will become even more difficult when cr leaves wuhanitis behind, but it has to be done. we can't win matches with a shaky defense, let alone titles.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
dropping arthur because of his lack of defensive skills was wrong. he surprised me a lot vs verona with 6/6 duels won and 5 tackles (or 6, depending on the source), which is easily the best defensive contribution of any midfielder this season. while the original idea of playing the bigger dudes might have looked great, it clearly didn't work, so arthur should have been subbed in after 55-60 minutes instead of chiesa who was completely isolated and couldn't beat sergi roberto anyway.

thing is we don't have a plan b yet. we need one asap, with 3 cm's. difficult to implement because we have a stacked attack and it will become even more difficult when cr leaves wuhanitis behind, but it has to be done. we can't win matches with a shaky defense, let alone titles.
Agreed. If I was Pirlo I'd stick to Sarri's 433 from the very beginning tbh. Just replace Berna on the RWF spot with Kulu/Chiesa and in midfield play Rabiot/Ramsey - Bentancur/Arthur - Arthur/McKennie depending on who is fit/available/rested.

I feel like It was enough to allow the team to drop the dumb high-line-kamikaze-defensive-setup and allow the players to be more direct in attack, instead o short-passing obsession that Sarri had. Those things could have improved the situation which wasn't as bad as it is now.

Especially against Barca, the well known 433 was a necessity, CMs would offer much more cover at the very least. We probably would have lost anyway but there are always shades to to every defeat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)