Arthur (24 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The irony to compare him to Rabiot is hilarious. Rabiot looked like absolute shit at the beginning of his Juve tenure as well, maybe worse than Arthur has. Maybe learn from that and give the guy some time?
That’s why I said “as it stands right now”

Arthur does have talent. Let’s see what he does with it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
TBF i like him, we arent as vulnerable to pressing as we were with Pjanic. Its seems to be impossible to take the ball from Arthur.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
TBF i like him, we arent as vulnerable to pressing as we were with Pjanic. Its seems to be impossible to take the ball from Arthur.
Sadly the last part refers to his teammates as well. He needs to get rid of the ball much quicker. He was better last night than a week before, but it is far from enough at this level. Our midfield is still a huge issue.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I’m not sure on this guy... he’s a gladiator on the ball - but he doesn’t go forward...

He seems to completely lack vision, there were quite a few times test he could have made an attacking pass but he chose to go backwards/sideways to feet.

The least Brazilian Brazilian

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This guy is just passing it sideways.

He's excellent for our financial books but we can bring in Fagioli from the youth sector to do what this guy is doing, and maybe even do everything better.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Sadly the last part refers to his teammates as well. He needs to get rid of the ball much quicker. He was better last night than a week before, but it is far from enough at this level. Our midfield is still a huge issue.
Bentancur does this really well.

Opponents receive the ball very quick.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Our two man midfield with Rabiot or Bentancur gives away dangerous clear chance turnover every game, especially when pressed high in the first half. That is how we always concede. With Arthur that is not a worry, no turnovers or bad passes. With Rabiot and Bentancur I already expect a bad pass or dribble at some time.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
the fact that there was only one functioning winger last night did not help at all, he needed to go back unless the Verona players didnt mark Cuads or guessed his runs, as Berna was nowhere to be seen, you could see the improvements on his attacking passes when we had Kulu and Frabotta. I trust that the ball will be kept on our possession when he has the ball, he does need to make those smarter touches and through balls though, and dribble forwards rather than sideways..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Pjanic is miles ahead of this dud
*was

he never recovered from that injury, even though sarri was supposed to make him a great player finally

i reckon aouar would have been a clearly better fit than arthur though. unless arthur starts acting like arthur, and finds a way to play much more directly, that is.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Y
At least arthur doesn't panic, brings a sense of calmness in that midfield, most touches, most passes, most tackles last night. You'd be stupid to write him off.
Yeah, I saw clear improvement from him. He really put up quite a fight in defense. If he starts connecting better with his teammates, quicker finds solution and stops dancing as much and backtracking, he will do well.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
If this guy gets close to the net, does he have a good/smart shot? Unfortunately we saw yesterday why Cuads can't be counted on.
That's not really his job, Arthur is never going to be a reliable midfield goalscorer but thats not why we bought him. He excels in ball possession/retention better than any midfielder we've had since Pirlo. But this is a new team, new system, new coach it'll take time like with every player. I still believe we got the better end of the deal.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Big lols to everyone who can't see the fact, that it's nothing but mental for this guy. Everyone can see the technique is in there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)