Arthur (5 Viewers)

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
As someone who read Barcaforum when we were linked to him, there's a member called BBZ8800 who called him an overrated fraud and the rest of them disagreed with him.

Turns out that BBZ dude might be right.

As it stands right now, Arthur is definitely not on the same level as Rabiot or Bentancur.

He's so afraid of making a simple forward pass, it's actually frustrating. I wouldn't mind him occasionally losing possession if he at least tried to create.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Seems like the sort of player Sarri would love. Just gets the ball, shows some nice touches and passes to the nearest guy.
Yep. As much as I thought Pjanic slowed down the offense, I'll take him back after this guy seems to keep possession without creating anything. Plus Pjanic sure was a spot kick master. Much confusion with the team as a whole so far, but don't see IT from Arthur so far.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Yep. As much as I thought Pjanic slowed down the offense, I'll take him back after this guy seems to keep possession without creating anything. Plus Pjanic sure was a spot kick master. Much confusion with the team so far, but don't see IT from Arthur so far.
Pjanic was hugely underrated here. Far too many were happy to throw him under the bus for a very poor half season in a very poor Sarriball Juve side, when playing in a role completely unsuited to him (he was one of the top players for distance covered in Serie A, despite not being an athletic player) and never got a rest.

At 30 years old it was an opportunity to cash in but it looks like we may have blown the proceeds.

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Should always play no matter what. Seeing how we piss our pants whenever we're put under high pressure, he's the only one I'm comfortable and won't lose the ball. The rest just give away the damn ball.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
He led La Liga in backpasses two seasons ago. He works well in a possession based system with dynamic mids who can drive the ball next to him. We´re expecting him to do things he´s never done. If the club expected an Iniesta type player, they got their planning terribly wrong.

He needs an in-form Bentancur next to him. Without those type players he´s not going to create by himself.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
One worrying aspect I have noticed is that he seems quite bad defensively. Like seriously, he never wins the ball.

I don't know if it's his positioning or lack of athleticism that is the problem.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Needs to man up and try more. Name it thru passew, shots, lobs, forward dribbles. You name it.

Has great talent he is right now another pjanic passenger doing nothing proaxtive qith all that talent

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
He’s lost but then again Pirlo hasn’t even got a working system yet, he’s still in the trial and error phase. Once we got something that resembles a team than we can ask more of this guy.

There was a moment he held the ball for like a min looking for someone to pass it to and NO ONE made himself available, we simply had no idea what to do against their pressing today.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think he hides, he just doesn't fully understand his role yet. At Barcelona he can hold the ball for 200 touches and play it sideways or pass it to Messi to create something. Here Pirlo mentioned last week about him needing to release the ball quicker on diagonal passes into the channels, to look forward more. But it's easier said than done, opponents dictate the difficulty.

It's chalk and cheese playing for Barcelona and then coming into Serie A, especially against a team like Verona who pressed and then defended in numbers. Teams do it to us all the time and we need players to quickly adapt.

Just because he cost €70m and has a reputation it doesn't mean he can understand calcio straight away.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I defenitely think hiding is the wrong observation. This dude is super insanely confident, look at how he keeps the ball easily no matter what. But he has his way of playing as midfielder engrained to his football DNA, keep possession and play it circular style possession.

He doesn't realize yet he needs to be more direct. He is not an attacking midfielder to begin with, he is a complimentary indirect possession center midfielder that keeps thing ticking in motion, not used to having direct involved in build up.

And it doesn't help we have no cohesion or organisation as a team. And oh, because of all of the above, gets exposed more because we are playing only 2 CMs, much easier to press and close down in numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)