Arthur (111 Viewers)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Agresti confirms what i have thought - Arthur is probably going to play in Pjanics position with Benta moving back to RCM spot. The only problem i have is Arthur not beign good defensively, we will need our RCM and LCM to work hard in defense.

Regarding Arthur behavior, lets just wait and see how he does, he had a hard time last few weeks and is still young, any of you could make mistake in his situation, for me he should only be judged by his time at our team, not what he did before.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Agresti confirms what i have thought - Arthur is probably going to play in Pjanics position with Benta moving back to RCM spot. The only problem i have is Arthur not beign good defensively, we will need our RCM and LCM to work hard in defense.

Regarding Arthur behavior, lets just wait and see how he does, he had a hard time last few weeks and is still young, any of you could make mistake in his situation, for me he should only be judged by his time at our team, not what he did before.
It's only speculation. They know Arthur prefers to play in the regista role. Did so in Brazil. But if the tactics require the fullbacks to bomb forward (fingers crossed and we can get some young dynamic guys with pace) you would need a balanced CDM/regista type of player. A busquets, Rodri or.. Bentancur.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012

And onther reports suggest Pirlo didn't want Jorginho nor Tonali because he trusts Bentancur as a starting DM. He does have everything to play in that position successfully.

Nobody knows anything a this point.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Well, to be fair, it's not like Pjanic was amazing defensively.
Pjanic is slow and as DM wasn't his thing, his positioning was ok but not WC. Considering the remaining areas, the guy was solid defensively

Farca is gonna be a nightmare for him with their long and free space between lines because his two limitations are gonna get expose very badly. As it was for De Jong

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008

I do wonder whether the less defensively adept registas are a thing of the past. What made Pirlo work? Or Xavi Alonso? Well, Pirlo had a genius for reading the game and keeping the ball but he also had that three man wall behind him.

What do we have now? Javi Martinez, Busquets. Destroyers with technique. I always repeat this but a player like Mascherano as regista is my dream.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I do wonder whether the less defensively adept registas are a thing of the past. What made Pirlo work? Or Xavi Alonso? Well, Pirlo had a genius for reading the game and keeping the ball but he also had that three man wall behind him.

What do we have now? Javi Martinez, Busquets. Destroyers with technique. I always repeat this but a player like Mascherano as regista is my dream.
Pirlo also has a workhorse like Vidal, who would chase every oponent. No idea how it will work with Arthur, but tbf lets not forget that before joining Juve Pjanic was also more offensive player, he learned how to defend here ( at Roma he was playing as CM or CAM) and once he learned it he sucked for us. So maybe its better to have DLP who is not so focused on defensive phase.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Pirlo also has a workhorse like Vidal, who would chase every oponent. No idea how it will work with Arthur, but tbf lets not forget that before joining Juve Pjanic was also more offensive player, he learned how to defend here ( at Roma he was playing as CM or CAM) and once he learned it he sucked for us. So maybe its better to have DLP who is not so focused on defensive phase.
Which took away from Pjanic's game. He was good but didn't express himself as he ought to have and while he 'controlled games' at times, he didn't make the whole midfield tick and he wasn't at all penetrating. Only either long passing (Pirlo, Xavi Alonso) or a mixture of extremely solid defensive ability, intelligent positioning, and technique enough to hold the ball and find the right short pass will do. You can't have softies who don't have penetrating long passing. Pirlo literally never even tried to defend but he more than made up for it obviously.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Exactly, and then u look at Thiago, who doesnt have to be so defensive, thanks to Goretzka who plays next to him and can do the defensive work also. Maybe this the way we should go - play Arthur with Benta or Rabiot, so basically 4231, not 433. Dunno though how it would work with Ronaldo, but keeping in my mind that we want Dzeko that might work. Just imagine attack of:
Dzeko
CR7 Dybala Kulusevski

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly, and then u look at Thiago, who doesnt have to be so defensive, thanks to Goretzka who plays next to him and can do the defensive work also. Maybe this the way we should go - play Arthur with Benta or Rabiot, so basically 4231, not 433. Dunno though how it would work with Ronaldo, but keeping in my mind that we want Dzeko that might work. Just imagine attack of:
Dzeko
CR7 Dybala Kulusevski
One of Dybala, Ronaldo, Dzeko would have to be benched, for a winger that will do more work

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
maybe Cuads instead of Kulu? tbf in this formation i cant see Cuads playing RB - need more defensive one.
He can, but we need both wings to put in the work. Ronaldo will just press occasionally and drift inside closer to the goal, and with Dybala and Dzeko there its kinda overcrowded. D. Costa on the left would work, or someone new. Dzeko is great for this formation but Dybala and Ronaldo are better players, so do we go for fit or quality? And the last issue, our pressing game with the exception of Kulusevski is almost none

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Dzeko should not be a starter. He should be a supersub when we need a goal and a guy to hoof it up to.
Tbh if you want to maximize the output from Ronaldo, he works best with a targetman next to him.

This is the direction the management want to take based on reports. Even Pirlo thinks the same.

Unpopular opinion but to build a more balanced team, we need to sell one of Dybala or Ronaldo imo. Selling the latter would mean the management basically admitting that project Ronaldo was a failure.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Tbh if you want to maximize the output from Ronaldo, he works best with a targetman next to him.

This is the direction the management want to take based on reports. Even Pirlo thinks the same.

Unpopular opinion but to build a more balanced team, we need to sell one of Dybala or Ronaldo imo. Selling the latter would mean the management basically admitting that project Ronaldo was a failure.
Or, dare I say it, bench Dybala? Atleast for the big games in CL (we should be able to roflstomp Serie A regardless of who the CF is). Balance is important in the CL, but it's less so vs Serie A minnows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)