Arthur (20 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
this guy costs the club more than 20m per season.

rescinding pjanic's contract would have been a wiser idea than sign arthur. he's not bad, but he's by far the most expensive midfielder in the league, and he's not even in the top5 when it comes to actual contribution on the pitch.

fuck you paratici.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
why players kept playing dangerous backpasses.?! Arthur bentancure and even rabiot.
i remember it started since sarri.
Individual smarts and quality aside..it is because they have no idea what they are doing.or what they should be doing. I have been watching juve since the mid 80s and can honestly say that I have never see the team in this state..even after the dark years of serie B and returning to serie A. We had filth on the pitch back then but this team just looks completely lifeless.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Individual smarts and quality aside..it is because they have no idea what they are doing.or what they should be doing. I have been watching juve since the mid 80s and can honestly say that I have never see the team in this state..even after the dark years of serie B and returning to serie A. We had filth on the pitch back then but this team just looks completely lifeless.
I still don't understand the reason for sacking Allegri. he at least had tactic and defensive philosophy to manage the game.
we have been horrible since long and without any passion or tactics.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Adrian, you might be forgetting the 1990-91 season with Gigi Maifredi when we finished 7th with Baggio, Schillaci, Casiraghi, Hasler, Marocchi, Tacconi, De Agostini and Di Canio.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
why players kept playing dangerous backpasses.?! Arthur bentancure and even rabiot.
i was thinking the same , back in the day when we had Allegri we didn't play risky balls , or myabe we had better MF , Pirlo could hold the ball without giving a fuck .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I’m guessing because juves philosophy is to build from the back. Or maybe they’re just retarded. Probably a combination of both.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw Arthur is definitely gonna be one of those Brazilians that fall of real quick physically. He’s already got durability issues. We’re gonna be stuck with him forever. El nuevo Ramsey who is el nuevo Khedira. Hell yeah Tici!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Adrian, you might be forgetting the 1990-91 season with Gigi Maifredi when we finished 7th with Baggio, Schillaci, Casiraghi, Hasler, Marocchi, Tacconi, De Agostini and Di Canio.
We may have finished 7th...but it was in the worlds best league back then. The league wasn't as forgiving as it is now. Those names and that team still had more of an idea than we do right now. We are very lucky other teams have struggled this season and to be honest I think we are lucky to be sitting in 3rd spot..although if we lose to napoli in the make up game I believe they go 1 point a head of us.

Every player you listed would walk into this team right now.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This would have been Pjanic's last season here if he stayed. We had a choice, to offer him a new long contract - because at 30 he wouldn't have accepted a short contract - or to sell him. If we kept him for one more season without offering him a new contract, we'd have lost him for free this summer. And looking at his decline, our management probably made a logical conclusion that offering him a longer contract would be a mistake.

There is no doubt in my mind that Pjanic would have been more useful than everyone else in our midfield this year. We weren't gonna win the scudetto, though, so, unless we fail to make the top 4 now, there wasn't gonna be some huge difference in our overall results. If we don't make top 4, it's gonna be costly indeed, but looking back at things, selling him was a logical choice.

Once it became clear that selling him was the way to go, it was a matter of choice and demand. Maybe we could have sold him for 25-30m euro? Maybe nobody was willing to pay that? Maybe only Barca showed interest in him and we decided it's better to make that Pjanic+12m for Arthur swap than to take some 25-30m euro for Pjanic and then search for a new midfielder. Maybe we did indeed search for another midfielder but couldn't find one for the money we had.

Imo, the main mistakes in midfield weren't made this summer. This summer was only a consequence of covid, but even more, of the mistakes that we made in the previous summer when we got Ramsey and Rabiot. In 2019 we knew that Matuidi is old, Khedira is old and broken and Pjanic will be 30 soon. We knew that in 2020 all three of Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi will most probably be gone. We had only Bentancur left and we knew that whoever we get in 2019 was gonna be the backbone of the future midfield. We went for Ramsey and Rabiot. This is where we got it wrong. Perhaps we were forced to, after splashing all our money on Ronaldo the year before and on a potential future superstar like De Ligt. But forced to or not, it's where we fucked up. After that covid came and Arthur+McKennie weren't mistakes as much as forced decisions.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
According to Szczesny interview - this is what Pirlo expects from them, they should be resistant to opponents pressure. Look how this mastermind genius tactics worked, we got beaten by Porto thanks to that and lost so many other games. I wont even count how many times we were lucky, because for example bentancur was creating one or two chances per match for opponents like this.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
According to Szczesny interview - this is what Pirlo expects from them, they should be resistant to opponents pressure. Look how this mastermind genius tactics worked, we got beaten by Porto thanks to that and lost so many other games. I wont even count how many times we were lucky, because for example bentancur was creating one or two chances per match for opponents like this.
That's on Pirlo, indeed.
We are all shouting at Bentancur and blaming him for those fuck ups, but how many mistakes of this kind do you think we'd have made in the past if we forced Vidal or Pogba to play in front of the defense and were instructed to backpass so close to our goal? How many such mistakes if McKennie, Rabiot or Ramsey played there instead of Bentancur? Just as many, if not more. Why wasn't Bentancur making these mistakes when Pjanic played in front of our defense?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Players aged 10 know not to try cross field passes around your box.

We really have some very unintelligent players.

Even without that incident he was useless though. The closest he came to a decent forward pass was when he tripped over the ball on the edge of the area after doing everything he could to avoid hitting a shot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)