Arthur (37 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
They cant even think for themselves anymore. They do not realize that Pirlos tactics are shit and persist in doing dangerous passes in our area

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
That's on Pirlo, indeed.
We are all shouting at Bentancur and blaming him for those fuck ups, but how many mistakes of this kind do you think we'd have made in the past if we forced Vidal or Pogba to play in front of the defense and were instructed to backpass so close to our goal? How many such mistakes if McKennie, Rabiot or Ramsey played there instead of Bentancur? Just as many, if not more. Why wasn't Bentancur making these mistakes when Pjanic played in front of our defense?
you’re giving Bentancur too much credit, he’s always been a low IQ player.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
The fact Arthur made a similar mistake to Bentancur's within a month clearly shows Pirlo's ignorance rather than the players themselves.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This reminds me of the one time Conte was screaming at Caceres to pass back from the WB position which lead to a goal(or dangerous chance, can't remember) from the opposition. These coaches are so obsessed with keeping possession it forces the team to some stupid passes. I blame fraudiola for this

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
you’re giving Bentancur too much credit, he’s always been a low IQ player.
Yeah, never my favorite. I cruised through this thread earlier today and the posts in 2017, 18, 19 were like: "Excellent, except for...", and then in the next match "Bad performance, except for that pass/shot/goal/tackle". Never a completely great, or completely bad match. In Allegri's time he was a youngster who played hot and cold, but Allegri still liked him and saw the potential. Otherwise he wouldn't have played him on 67 matches in two seasons. Max liked this kid. A similar story continued in the first half of 2019-20, and then a fiasco. Once the team became dysfunctional after Covid and throughout this season, Bentancur became one of its weakest links.
I do think, though, that it is connected with his role in the team. Our free fall started with that defeat against Milan (4:2) and Bentancur replaced Pjanic in that deep playmaker role on more than a half of the matches in last season's finish. This year he's mostly used in that deep playmaking role.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
prioir to benevento, when Arthur was on the pitch juventus never lost a game. relax on selling, we is one of the players we need to make the new midefield.
Well, according to certain statistics, Bentancur is our best midfielder. Just like Arthur, he single-handedly gifted a win to the opposition because of a stupid pass. Proverbial death blows to our season. And just like Arthur, he was on the pitch during the home loss against Barca. So he did lose a game before, and just lost us another.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
While id like Arthur to be more forward thinking with his passing i wont shit on him for that poor passing across goal. It was shit..silly 5 yr old mistake and shouldn't happen. Does that constitute a sale, no.

He is one of the untouchables apparently...and I'm happy with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)