Arthur (27 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No denying he has been underwhelming so far but needless to say it does matter with whom he is partenered and the tactics around them aswell.

Hopefully he is only just beggining to settle in now, as others suggested perhaps a run of a few consecutive starts might do him wonders as he hasn't really had any continuity yet so it's probably better to wait before fully writing him off, we'll see from here on if what we've seen yesterday was just one last dance for the old guard or a real turning point both for him and the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Played a different position according to Pirlo. Finally took him out of the regista role. He needs to play closer to goal and he'll start passing forwards a lot more. I don't know how you become a highly acclaimed midfielder in world football and have a passing range of 30 yards, but that's Arthur. Paratici must have known it when he bought him. Pirlo must know it. Don't expect him to feed the front players from the very back.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Repeat after me:

Still young still young still young still young still young still young

Forza Arthur!
Juve isn't Atalanta. If players aren't young phenomena like Dybala, Pogba or De Ligt (I think Chiesa and McKennie will soon be included in that list), Pirlo can't rely on them to start regularly. That's essentially how I feel about Rabiot and Bentancur right now. They wear a lot of responsibility. Age isn't an excuse.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why do people say he needs to pass forward? Who is he suppose to pass to? Have you seen us play? We play with two strikers and don't have anybody occupying the space between their midfield and defense. Morata needs to be in the penalty box while Cristiano likes to drift to the left when he's not in the box. This is why we always pass the ball to Cuadrado and Chiesa on the flanks because that's how we're built to play.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Why do people say he needs to pass forward? Who is he suppose to pass to? Have you seen us play? We play with two strikers and don't have anybody occupying the space between their midfield and defense. Morata needs to be in the penalty box while Cristiano likes to drift to the left when he's not in the box. This is why we always pass the ball to Cuadrado and Chiesa on the flanks because that's how we're built to play.
Yeah, sure, you spread the play as quickly as possible. Why though? What's the function of that? If it's done quickly, it opens up spaces in between. I mean, dependence on crossing makes more sense with Morata in the box but first, we've been without him for about a month and the only player providing the same option in the box has been McKennie; second, it's much, much easier to defending wide ball after wide ball; third, to get said cross into the box a wide player must be found quickly before he's double marked; and fourth, the beauty of a CF like Morata is that you play the ball forward to his feet. In fact, that's what makes us play so much better with Morata in the side.

Ideally, you open up the spaces with quick, lateral movement of the ball so that you can work it through the best and most likely route to goal: through the middle.

You're not wrong that spreading the play quickly is a basic principle in Pirlo's plan but does Arthur help to achieve that? You spread the ball quickly through long passes or intricate passages of passing that misplace defenders and open up spaces (ala Iniesta, Mascherano and Xabi). And what do/did other regista's do? Did Pirlo only pass laterally? Or Xavi Alonso? Or even Pjanic? Nah... nah. Even Jorginho at least has a bit of range to his passing, as sideways as that man is.

Arthur seems like he's got that Barca style in him and it's not coming out. He needs to be close to other players and touch, touch, touch - quick, short and precise. He's never going to open things up off his own boot from no man's land like real creative registas do. That's why it's wiser to put Bentancur deeper. Let him be a Busquets, even a Thiago Motta, while the creative players do their work up the pitch where it's most needed.

P.s this is what Arthur should be doing in his position, at least passing wise....

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juve isn't Atalanta. If players aren't young phenomena like Dybala, Pogba or De Ligt (I think Chiesa and McKennie will soon be included in that list), Pirlo can't rely on them to start regularly. That's essentially how I feel about Rabiot and Bentancur right now. They wear a lot of responsibility. Age isn't an excuse.
Not an excuse but a call for a little patience.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Repeat after me:

Still young still young still young still young still young still young

Forza Arthur!
He's 24 years old dude....

'Talented' players(if they work hard enough) normally develop into top stars around this age. The 'young' argument can be justified only for the likes of Kulusevski or Kean etc.

But no doubt Arthur should definitely be given a season atleast to prove himself even if the signs don't look too positive right now.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He's 24 years old dude....

'Talented' players(if they work hard enough) normally develop into top stars around this age. The 'young' argument can be justified only for the likes of Kulusevski or Kean etc.

But no doubt Arthur should definitely be given a season atleast to prove himself even if the signs don't look too positive right now.
Its Italy, players are considered young until 29 yo. Buffon for instance is slightly past his prime years while Chellini is peaking.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is he a smoker? I don't remember seeing a midfielder who's struggling for air after 55-60 minutes.
He's a bad passer and terrible defender from minute 1, but after an hour he becomes ridiculously bad at those two things.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Is he a smoker? I don't remember seeing a midfielder who's struggling for air after 55-60 minutes.
He's a bad passer and terrible defender from minute 1, but after an hour he becomes ridiculously bad at those two things.
No wonder Barcelona were so happy to sell him such a limited player in both defensive and offensive side of the game

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

stop trolling! His passing under seven meters is sublime

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
At least he doesn’t give away the ball as cheaply as the [older] Pjanic did.
However, even a subprime Pjanic was decent with the dead ball and long probing passes. Never seen Arthur do this.
Even Pirlo said something to the effect that Arthur has poor football vision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)