Arthur - CM - Barcelona (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
What is he like off the field?

Parties South American style which is fine if he's also has good work ethic like Montero and Vidal...or was work ethics/responsibility ever an issue?
He's a party boy. I've even seen a couple of times with Ney going Party IIRC in Paris. I really don't like that.

The guy has potential and he's a lot of Xavi for sure but his lack of proffesionalism it's like too much... it's nothing more than a gamble, however Pjanic has been underperforming for a long time by now

Buy on AliExpress.com

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Pjanic + 10 mil for this guy is quite a steal if you ask me. Pjanic's value is close to zero given his whole season performance. Considering Arthur's age and potential, it's a goddamn good deal. Now if you were telling this deal was straight up cash, I'd say no.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Pjanic + 10 mil for this guy is quite a steal if you ask me. Pjanic's value is close to zero given his whole season performance. Considering Arthur's age and potential, it's a goddamn good deal. Now if you were telling this deal was straight-up cash, I'd say no.
This. Arthur isn't worth €80m cash. But nor is Pjanic worth the reported €70m.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's a party boy. I've even seen a couple of times with Ney going Party IIRC in Paris. I really don't like that.

The guy has potential and he's a lot of Xavi for sure but his lack of proffesionalism it's like too much... it's nothing more than a gamble, however Pjanic has been underperforming for a long time by now
ah so let him party, as long as he shows up for training and puts in 100% on match days, he's entitled to a life too

- - - Updated - - -

Tuz, is he good?

- - - Updated - - -

btw tuz, I missed you. I love you.
he is good, the deal is superb for us

Apr 29, 2006
I'd prefer Semedo, this one has massive turd all over him. He has amazing talent, I give him that, let's hope the CR7 work ethic rubs off. Maybe our lil'lolzillian would be into solving 'How do I get to be a billionaire kicking a ball?' equation and then he bumps on CR7 in the shower. I bet his first conclusion would be - 'I have to be a forward!', but one can dream...

75M valuation ffs, if UEFA doesn't investigate that they might just close the FFP regulation desk. But for the sake of artificial job creation - let's leave them there to ponder and get wined and dined by the likes of Paratici and Moggi with the 'reasonable' explanations.

At least Pjanic is active trying to mitigate the unrest in our fanbase by displaying a shittier performance every time. Sarriball doesn't compute on Pjanic 90.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007

Isn’t Costa part of that clique too?

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
Transfermarkt values Arthur 56m now (with pandemic still on) and 70m in second half of 2019, so 75m fee we pay for Barca is reasonable enough. Investigation from UEFA can't prove us guilty on anything.

Apr 29, 2006
Transfermarkt values Arthur 56m now (with pandemic still on) and 70m in second half of 2019, so 75m fee we pay for Barca is reasonable enough. Investigation from UEFA can't prove us guilty on anything.
56m is what a 20% reduction? Which accountant's a$$ gave birth to this valuation? Some clubs were talking closing shops, others were asking for players to take massive paycuts, not to mention the financial bailouts for connected industries. Now most of that stuff has 'COVID-19' sticker put on it just for the fun of it, but football clubs do take a massive hit due to the nature of business. Can you imagine having a CR7 asset laying useless on a Portugese island doesn't mend the books, unless hollywood accounting is involved?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
valuations are high, but not that extreme to require an investigation

after all, we're living in a world where clubs are willing to pay 120+m for hot prospects

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
valuations are high, but not that extreme to require an investigation

after all, we're living in a world where clubs are willing to pay 120+m for hot prospects
They can't investigate nothing. UEFA and Fifa can't deffer market valuations to some third party or themselves, because that would fully regulate the market.
And what's there to investigate, since you have the paperwork that proves the transfers took place?
Juve moves 70 mil. in barca accounts and receives 60 from them. Essentially melo's value is Pjanic + 10 or 15 mil.
Barcelona already did a deal like this with Valencia. I belive they sold jesper cillesen to Valencia for 35 mil. and barca bought neto for 26 mil.
As someone else put it. You can call it financial dopping.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
They can't investigate nothing. UEFA and Fifa can't deffer market valuations to some third party or themselves, because that would fully regulate the market.
And what's there to investigate, since you have the paperwork that proves the transfers took place?
Juve moves 70 mil. in barca accounts and receives 60 from them. Essentially melo's value is Pjanic + 10 or 15 mil.
Barcelona already did a deal like this with Valencia. I belive they sold jesper cillesen to Valencia for 35 mil. and barca bought neto for 26 mil.
As someone else put it. You can call it financial dopping.
have no idea, django came up with that

-------------------

Barcelona boss Quique Setien has conceded that speculation linking Arthur with Juventus is ‘certainly affecting him’.

Amidst reports he is coming around to the idea of joining Juve in exchange for Miralem Pjanic, Arthur was the first to be replaced during Barca’s 1-0 win against Athletic Bilbao yesterday.

“If the rumours about Arthur and Juve are true, they’re certainly affecting him,” Setien said after the game.

“I’m trying to get the most out of him and we’re trying to isolate ourselves from this situation, but it’s beyond our control: we’ll talk to the player to tell him to focus on the things he needs to focus on.

“I appreciate that it’s complicated for him, but he must overcome these obstacles.”

The Brazilian is a deep-lying midfielder best known for his ball retention, but his coach admits he would like to see more from him ‘further afield’.

“What we’re asking from Arthur is different to what he was doing before. Now we’re asking him to play further afield, to move between the lines, but sometimes it’s difficult.

“On the other hand, he gives us other things. For example, he gives us safety with the ball.

“More or less, it seems as if he isn’t standing out, especially given what someone like him can give us, but I’m more on his side because the situation is complicated.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sounds like a mental midget. Can't focus because "shock" clubs want him? OK, so a club wants to sell shouldn't that motivate him to play well if he wants to stay? Conversely, if he wants to leave and a big club wants him shouldn't that also motivate him to want to play well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)