Arthur - CM - Barcelona (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
More financial fuckery. For once I agree with this deal because it doesn’t weaken our team. Long term- 20 million loss and replacing a younger player with a declining older one. Short term: huge plusvalenza for Pjanic and replacing him with a better fit for our team.
Long term -20mln loss? What if we sell him for 50mln in 2 years?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I have been a fan before his Barca debut. When Barca signed him I was heartbroken and thought we would never see him here. I can't believe we have the opportunity to sign him.

There are not so many talented and young DLPs in the world that are better than Arthur.
I would only rate de jong slightly higher than him. He is by far the best thing we can get in his position this window.

I see people don't rate him much, just wait until he starts for us.
Tbh I watched more of him at Gremio than I have at Barca, as a player alone I like him, never hidden the fact I believe he's a better fit for us than Pjanic is. He won't solve our midfield alone but it's a start. Imo he's a better player than Tonali so probably just as well we're not getting him now.

I really think some people here haven't watched him at all, and just looking at the negatives which tbh everyone keeps mentioning injuries, however he hasn't suffered anything serious to date. And the fact he wants to stay at Barca, well ok but he's never said he doesn't want to join Juve, and the fact he's keen to prove a point still I think will work in our favour and bring fresh motivation. His wage increase from Barcelona again its expected it would be an increase, he's nearly 24 it's not like any potential suitors will give him the same wage, I don't think 5 mill is unreasonable either, compared to some players on our books who earn similar amounts if not more.

Definitely rate this move, it allows us to use the money to improve other areas, Arthur improves our current midfield

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think this signing just confirms sarri staying longer....
Not really. Correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems every player we got in the last decade had little to do with the coach wishes. It seems our management picks whoever they want and the coach has to make it work, it surely was the case with Conte and Allegri.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Long term -20mln loss? What if we sell him for 50mln in 2 years?
2m plusvalenza (5 year contract and 80m valuation provided)

btw i don't understand where that -20m comes from.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Correct me if I'm mistaken but it seems every player we got in the last decade had little to do with the coach wishes. It seems our management picks whoever they want and the coach has to make it work, it surely was the case with Conte and Allegri.
yup. in 5 years, allegri had one single wish fulfilled :MDS:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's pretty much the case with every coach-DS arrangement, although it wouldn't make any sense to sign a player when there has been absolutely no discussion with the coach.

Leendiz

Feb 14, 2018
Not seen much of him to comment on the price tag but if all this news about him not wanting join is true i don't see why we should help barca force his transfer. Not many players perform when they go somewhere they never wanted go. On the plus side I will be glad see pjanic go hes never reached his roma level for us

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He's good but we'd be overpaying if the rumored amount is true...
this valuation only makes sense if pjanic goes to barca with a similarly excessive valuation. we won't pay 80m in cash for arthur, not even in installments, just as barca won't pay a cent in cash for pjanic.

the downside of these overvaluations is that the amortization will be heavy on the books for the coming years.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Do you like Arthur? And the transfer?
I haven't watched much Brazilian football in the last 5 years but I did see him a couple of times playing for Grêmio and the times he played for the Seleção.

He seemed to be the opposite to Pjanic. Doesn't lose the ball easily, tough and hard working and obviously got some nice technique. I think he could be an all round mid easily.

Doesn't mean he's the answer to our mid problems but I think it's a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)