Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
I totally dont get your line of thinking at all. If that couldnt do it the last 2 years why would they this year? This such bull. They could get lucky this year for all you know, you never know.

let me ask you, if Juve couldnt do it in the last 5 finals they have been in, then why could they win it the next time? See what your doing there? Being a friggin hypocrite.

Please Andy, atleast claim they arent good enough or they are just an english team and english teams dont win it. But drop the whole last year shit already :rolleyes:
Yeah that was late last night, and didn't feel like thinking hard. :D

But do you actually think that they will keep this unbeaten run all season? Will Europe be any easier for them if they keep up this unbeaten run? Yes they could get lucky this year, who knows, who friggin cares. I just don't think Arsenal have anything to be optimistic about in Europe because of the unbeaten run in the EPL. Yes they do have a chance, of course, even Sparta Praha has a "chance" to win it. But the bottom line is that so many pundits claim Arsenal is the best team in Europe. Well lets see what they actually do in the competition before we make stupid assumptions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

River

Jun 15, 2004
Unbeaten run has nothing to do with it, sure they will get beat sooner or later in the EPL. Im talking about how damn well they are playing, because if they play like that in CL (which I admit they probably wont but you just dont know that) then they are going to the final.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Milan totally off form, Arsenal as good as they ever have and probably ever will be. I would really hate Arsenal to win being a Chelsea fan and living in London, but if they did atleast it would stop alot of the deadbrains around here talking such crap :D
i'd even cheer for Man utd for that reason:D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah that was late last night, and didn't feel like thinking hard. :D

But do you actually think that they will keep this unbeaten run all season? Will Europe be any easier for them if they keep up this unbeaten run? Yes they could get lucky this year, who knows, who friggin cares. I just don't think Arsenal have anything to be optimistic about in Europe because of the unbeaten run in the EPL. Yes they do have a chance, of course, even Sparta Praha has a "chance" to win it. But the bottom line is that so many pundits claim Arsenal is the best team in Europe. Well lets see what they actually do in the competition before we make stupid assumptions.
well maybe their not the best in europe,but they are one of the best,no?:(

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Unbeaten run has nothing to do with it, sure they will get beat sooner or later in the EPL. Im talking about how damn well they are playing, because if they play like that in CL (which I admit they probably wont but you just dont know that) then they are going to the final.
Yes, if they play as well as they are in th EPL they will reach the Final. But what are the chances of that happening? :rolleyes: Very unlikely. You could say the same thing with how Juve have been performing in the League so far. :cheesy:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Yes, if they play as well as they are in th EPL they will reach the Final. But what are the chances of that happening ? :rolleyes: Very unlikely. You could say the same thing with how Juve have been performing in the League so far. :cheesy:
why is that?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
why is that?
Do I always have to explain everything to you? :rolleyes:

Because in the Champions League you don't play teams like Bolton and Aston Villa every week. Thats why they call it Europe's best competition.

River

Jun 15, 2004

Do I always have to explain everything to you? :rolleyes:

Because in the Champions League you don't play teams like Bolton and Aston Villa every week. Thats why they call it Europe's best competition.
Sure you do, their are some pretty lame teams in the CL also :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Sure, and playing teams like Livorno and Siena just sets Milan up for the title, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Sure, and playing teams like Livorno and Siena just sets Milan up for the title, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
Come on Mikhail, you know what I'm trying to say. :rolleyes:

Success in a domestic league doesn't mean success on a European front. Just because Arsenal has great success in the EPL doesn't garuntee anything, for any team. Arsenal will have a tough time keeping up the level of play in the C.L., much like any team would. Last year was the same story, and this year I'm fairly certain the same thing will happen to Arsenal. Unless luck is on their side.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You'll notice that Andy is very hypocritical;)
How the hell am I hypocritical? Did I ever say Juventus has a better chance than Arsenal to lift the Trophy? Just face the fact that Arsenal hasn't accomplished anything in Europe, and that IMO the same trend will continue. I've never said Arsenal doesn't have any chance to win it though.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Hey Gray or someone else big, can you get this whole betting thing official and clear. I don't wont any fence sitters or cheats!!!

To make my position clear im betting with my avatar (or what ever else you guys decide) that Arsenal Football Club will NOT reach the semi-final knockout stage of the Champions League.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Someone posted this on XT. Arsenals past record against italian teams.

2000/01: Lazio 1-1 Arse
2000/01: Arse 2-0 Lazio
2001/02: Arse 3-1 Juventus
2001/02: Juventus 1-0 Arse
2002/03: AS Roma 1-3 Arse
2002/03: Arse 1-1 AS Roma
2003/04: Arse 0-3 Internazionale
2003/04: Internazionale 1-5 Arse

Not bad at all for a team that 'cant preform on the big stage' hehe :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Someone posted this on XT. Arsenals past record against italian teams.

2000/01: Lazio 1-1 Arse
2000/01: Arse 2-0 Lazio
2001/02: Arse 3-1 Juventus
2001/02: Juventus 1-0 Arse
2002/03: AS Roma 1-3 Arse
2002/03: Arse 1-1 AS Roma
2003/04: Arse 0-3 Internazionale
2003/04: Internazionale 1-5 Arse

Not bad at all for a team that 'cant preform on the big stage' hehe :D
How many of those were in the Semifinals River? :D:D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
How many of those were in the Semifinals River? :D:D
**cough** only Juve **cough** ;)

This is getting a bit tedious. Look, either Arsenal are good enough, or they aren't. We might find out this year, or we might have to continue this arguement. The fact is, Arsenal went to the quarters last year, and were beaten only by a Chelsea team which had spent more in the summer than Wenger has had to spend in his career. This year, they might not be so unlucky: I rate them good for a quarter-final. Beyond that, luck's a pain in the ass of every prophet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)