Arsenal (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Damn. I missed that. The thing is, I've seen a lot of people say exactly that - every French player underperformed, but I disagree. Zidane was one of the players of the tournament, even if he was only at 80% of his best.
I agree with that. His single-handed performance against England was sheer-class.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Maradona Savages Real & Praises Arsenal
9/20/2004 11:39:00 AM
Argentine legend Diego Maradona has launched a savage attack on Real Madrid after watching their capitulation to Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League last week.
He described the Galactico's as a "band of stray dogs" and believes that Arsenal are the best team in Europe.

"The Galacticos aren’t more than a band of stray dogs," he said: "I felt embarrassed watching them.

"Roberto Carlos didn’t know what was he doing on the pitch and Beckham was just looking for the flashes. All of them just wanted the match to finish. That’s not football."

He added: "I do like Arsenal a lot, they’re the best in Europe. And Thierry Henry is a ’Maradonian’ player."

----------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes: Another Arsenal bandwagoner. But this time its Maradona.

I wish people would take performances in Europe for this consideration.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
oh come on the last 3 matches in the group phase were more than magical when they won all their last 3 matches including a 5-1 against Inter in san siro,the 2 matches against Celta were also great.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Come on, he was the only French player to show any sort of spark through the entire 90 mins. Don't take that away.
well he didnt exactly spark but yeah he was the best french player throughout the tournament.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
oh come on the last 3 matches in the group phase were more than magical when they won all their last 3 matches including a 5-1 against Inter in san siro,the 2 matches against Celta were also great.
So by beating Celta Vigo and crushing Inter Milan, that makes Arsenal the best team the world? :rolleyes: Please.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
well crushing Inter Milan,and winning the EPL without one loss is good enough.

btw,who would you reccomend were stronger than Arsenal last season?:)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Inter, we in a crisis when Arsenal beat them, and Celta Vigo, were in the relegation in La Liga (and were relegated) there were FAR harder teams in the Champions League, then Inter and Celta

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
well you knwo i dont recall any other team beating the the way we did last season.

as for Celta,theres a difference between the domestic league and the CL,for example Barcelona 2 seasons ago were in a terrible position in the league,but they did fantasticly in the CL,they even broke Cl records at that season.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
That may be true, but do you seriously believe being in the relegation places in the league, was a inspiring thing ahead of the game against Arsenal? I doubt it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
well crushing Inter Milan,and winning the EPL without one loss is good enough.

btw,who would you reccomend were stronger than Arsenal last season?:)
The teams in the Semifinals of the Champion's League.

Alex

May 1, 2004
Lets make a bet.

I say Arsenal won't make the semi-finals in 2004/2005 European Champions League.

Anyone else game?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm in.

how about the winner gets to choose an avatar for the loser which the last has to put up with for a month:greedy:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I'm in.

how about the winner gets to choose an avatar for the loser which the last has to put up with for a month:greedy:
OK, let's make it that way... I say that Arsenal won't make it through to the semis... We're on!?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm in for that bet too.

If you lose, you put up an avatar of Alex's choice for a month, and an avatar of my choosing for the next month.

If you win, Alex and I wear an avatar of your choice for a month ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)