arrrrrgh!!!! i have mononucleosis!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
first i just want to say that there's no point in this thread, it's just me complaining.

the last couple of weeks with school have been really tough for me, i've worked and worked and worked, something wich i almost never do, i got some pretty good tests back but i got really tired of school and really needed a break. my girlfriend had also been working alot so i was supposed to see her alot in the holiday, i was planning to get some snowboarding done, my planner was packed with christmas parties and a few days ago i also planned to meet our president Martin for the first time as he was coming to town. things were looking good. i had a bit of a sore throat, but i got some penicillin from the doctor who told me that it would do the trick.
then, suddenly my health goes completely loco, i went to my doctor today and took some bloodtests, and yes, i have mononucleosis . i have a very high fever, i feel incredibly tired, and my throat is incredibly swollen. it's so swollen that i can't eat any food, and i can barely drink anything. if this doesn't get better i have to go to the hospital and get nutrition through a tube. my doctor said that i'll be well in 2-3 weeks if i'm lucky, if i'm unlucky it could be up to 6 months. i am kinda lucky that this happened now, my christmas vacation starts tomorrow, cause if i miss to much school i might have to repeat the year, but also i really needed this holiday, and i had barely started my christmas shopping.
now i can say goodbye to long nights infront of the fireplace with the GF, say goodbye to the christmas parties, say goodbye to meeting Martin, goodbye to the christmas eve turkey(the food highlight of the year), i'm more or less kissing christmas goodbye.

merry ****ing christmas to you too

rant over
sorry

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Life is unfair, eh? I can't wait untill all this Christmas and New Year's Eve misery is over and you who's looking forward to it has to miss it now...

Get well soon, man!

nina

Feb 18, 2001
I'm sorry to hear that Torkel :frown:

Hope you get back on your feet soon :)

The good thing about Christmas is that it comes every year ;)

Take care!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Hang in there, Torkel. :)

I knew someone who had mono and it took a couple of weeks to recover from so I hope it doesn't take you any longer.

Take care of yourself :cap:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
shit... man, i'm so sorry about this :down:

all I can say is don't get too down about it and I hope for a speedy recovery :)

all the best :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)