Arrogant Raul (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
You reaally think that he is a madrid´s tool??

why?
Raul isn't Madrid's tool, he is just a tool in general. He's not very bright, but he has a loud mouth. He has no tact whatsoever, yet he is in the spotlight. And he is a total jackass more than 50% of the time. The only saving grace he has is his footballing ability.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm quite disappointed in Raul, I used to think he was a good player and decent character.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Raul isn't Madrid's tool, he is just a tool in general. He's not very bright, but he has a loud mouth. He has no tact whatsoever, yet he is in the spotlight. And he is a total jackass more than 50% of the time. The only saving grace he has is his footballing ability.
And all this based on.. ? :confused:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
That's a little vague, you don't have examples of that or something, just wondering how you got that opinion..
Well, I suppose that I could go through and find some quotations by Raul and tell you how they show what a dumbass the guy really is, but I think that you could easily defeat any such reasoning.

Thus, I present the case against Raul in more personal terms:

1. Raul is the franchise player for my most hated franchise and a franchise that has caused my most favourite teams many of thier worst times.

2. Raul is another player that gives more for his club than his country and I have my own reasons for finding that dispicable.

3. Raul is said to be the best striker or forward in the world on many occasions. I'd like to see anyone who plays for Real Madrid all the time not be the best stiker in the world. It's ludacris really. Especially when people overlook such class palyers as Roy Makaay in making such blanket statements.

That's really what you are looking for I think. My own personal bias against Raul? Well, there it is.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Alright, fair enough. I happen to find him to be rather excellent as a forward myself, I think he has proven enough to merit that position before Figo, Zizou and everyone came around to supply the balls and I think his role currently is a little sad, because he used to do a lot more than just scoring.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Alright, fair enough. I happen to find him to be rather excellent as a forward myself, I think he has proven enough to merit that position before Figo, Zizou and everyone came around to supply the balls and I think his role currently is a little sad, because he used to do a lot more than just scoring.
Oh, yes indeed, Raul is truly an amazing player, and I think at one point, you could have justifiably calle dhim the best young player in the world, but nowadays, I don't think that he deserves the praise that he gets.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It probably won't please you to hear it ;) but I see your point and I myself think it's a shame he doesn't get a chance to prove what he's good for these days, cause of all the stars behind him. As such one could argue he's not effectively the best because he doesn't play like the best.

Why do you say he sets his club first btw? Not looking for evidence, just to get what gives you that impression.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
1. Raul is the franchise player for my most hated franchise and a franchise that has caused my most favourite teams many of thier worst times.
Not anymore... they bought the living, breathing definition of football franchise

2. Raul is another player that gives more for his club than his country and I have my own reasons for finding that dispicable.
To say that he plays better for his club than his country isn't to say that he disrespects his country in the way Keane and Kewell (sometimes :fero:) do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)