Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by magosantana81 ] ++

Gonzalo Javier Rodríguez is the new player of F.C. Juventus and you read it here first! :star:
So it's official? It's a done deal? Gonzalo is coming to Juve for sure? Finally, a new defender, and a pacey young one at that! :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #42
    Is Lucio already in?

FYI, we also have another Rodríguez, from Paraguay. His complete name is Claudio Marcelo Morel Rodríguez. He's left-footed and now plays left wing defender (is that the proper English for that?), Zambrotta's position in that lineup you listed...

But the last but one season he used to play left center back and was pure class! Plus, he is a great free kicker! He doesn't score so many goals but his long and short passes are impossibily accurate! The only hidrance is that maybe he's not tall enough for that position (1.74 metres). :sad:

OP
    Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

So it's official? It's a done deal? Gonzalo is coming to Juve for sure? Finally, a new defender, and a pacey young one at that! :cool:
    Now some people are saying that Roma is also interested. But here in Buenos Aires at least, it's a done deal.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    Is Lucio already in?

FYI, we also have another Rodríguez, from Paraguay. His complete name is Claudio Marcelo Morel Rodríguez. He's left-footed and now plays left wing defender (is that the proper English for that?), Zambrotta's position in that lineup you listed...

But the last but one season he used to play left center back and was pure class! Plus, he is a great free kicker! He doesn't score so many goals but his long and short passes are impossibily accurate! The only hidrance is that maybe he's not tall enough for that position (1.74 metres). :sad:
    transform him into a winger and we're good to go

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Thank you, -Fantasista-. I like your nickname. :cool: Where are you from? First I was going to pick Reggista for mine, but then I remembered about Mario Santana, who was also rumoured to be bought by Juventus for the second half of the season.

Yeah, I've read about Juve's rejuvenation (no pun intended). It is said they also want Brazilian Lucio from Bayern Leverkusen and Dutch Jaap Stam from Lazio. Well, the latter isn't too young anymore :D
    Your welcome :) I'm from Barbados (hope you know where it is...) and yeah, Lucio and Stam have been linked towards us as well, but I don't rate Lucio as a top-class defender, and as you said, Stam isn't exactly a young gun anymore :D

I hope that Moggi seals the deal with San Lorenzo and Gonzalo ASAP because if we're going to win the Champions League we'll need some fresh blood in defence, and although I've never seen Rodriguez play, your description of him gives me nothing but enthusiasm and even if he isn't an instant hit, he's only 19 so he has time to improve.

Hi there. Wow, I didn't know about that. That's another good update! But why would Roma want Gonzalo when they already have Samuel? I guess they want to build a full Argentine defense :D (remember they also have Cufré who is on loan in Siena)

Anyway, why are you saying he would be playing left center back? HIS position is sweeper or right center back, you know, the typical number 2. Does this mean Ciro Ferrara will continue to be a starter? Because being more experienced, Ciro Ferrara should be the one to switch to left center back, don't you think?
    I really don't understand why Roma would be interested in Rodriguez or any other central defender for that matter because they only acquired Cristian Chivu this summer :undecide:

As for the RCB, LCB thing, I'm sure that Ferrara would be willing to switch to LCB, and Legrottaglie could probably take on that role as well. Plus, ATM (at the moment) Lippi's preferred system is the 3-4-1-2, and Rodriguez would probably play CB/sweeper in this formation, with Lilian Thuram occupying the RCB role.

Here's what I would play if:

1) we just got Rodriguez.

Buffon - Thuram, Rodriguez, Legrottaglie - Birindelli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta - Nedved - Del Piero, Trezeguet

or

Buffon - Rodriguez, Legrottaglie, Iuliano - Thuram, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta - Nedved - Del Piero, Trezeguet

2) we got Rodriguez and Massimo Oddo.

Buffon - Thuram, Rodriguez, Legrottaglie - Oddo, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta - Nedved - Del Piero, Trezeguet

OP
    Dec 17, 2003
  • Thread Starter #47
    Shadowfax,

HA! Are you one of those who eat the whole Galactic players thing à la Real Madrid.

Just because Gonzalo Rodríguez is still unknown for most international football fans it doesn't mean he's not qualified to play in Juventus.

You should see and analyse him first before you can have a justified opinion, don't you think?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Shadowfax,

HA! Are you one of those who eat the whole Galactic players thing à la Real Madrid.

Just because Gonzalo Rodríguez is still unknown for most international football fans it doesn't mean he's not qualified to play in Juventus.

You should see and analyse him first before you can have a justified opinion, don't you think?
    Right... So because i disagree with you, I haven seen him play....

Whatever you reckon

You dont know me and you dont what i have and have not seen so dont come here belittleling my opinion with your uneducated comments... my OPINION is that he isnt good enough to play for juve.... You dont like that?.. bad fvcking luck

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Right... So because i disagree with you, I haven seen him play....

Whatever you reckon

You dont know me and you dont what i have and have not seen so dont come here belittleling my opinion with your uneducated comments... my OPINION is that he isnt good enough to play for juve.... You dont like that?.. bad fvcking luck
    Right now I don't know what to believe, because you're saying one thing, Mago is saying another thing, and I've never seen Rodriguez in action. Also, I remember you saying some time back that the best Serie A defender of 2002/03 was Dainelli of Brescia :rolleyes:

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Right now I don't know what to believe, because you're saying one thing, Mago is saying another thing, and I've never seen Rodriguez in action. Also, I remember you saying some time back that the best Serie A defender of 2002/03 was Dainelli of Brescia :rolleyes:
    Its not a matter of what people beleive... everyone comes to their own opinions as to each invidual player when they see them.
    I do not rate him, others do.
    Am I wrong... no
    Is he wrong... no

Its opinions... people need to learn to respect them not cast aspersions on people they know nothing of because they disagree

As for dainelli..

I said he was one of the best last season and i stand by that... Many people agree, others dont.
    Plus i was talking about his performance last year... not saying that he is the best, jus his performance was very good... that doesnt mean i was saying he was better than nesta etc, but he gave a great performance, esp for someone of lesser experience... He ate juve up in the most part so he cant be bad and on the back of that match we were heavily linked to him.And those links have continued... so my opinion cant be too far off

If no one agreed ,so many people wouldnt have been chasing him
    Whether he lives up to last years promise no one knows

He has things I like in a defender

But thats my opinion... I dont expect anyone to agree or even like it

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    Welcome magosantana81 and thanks for the wonderful information you've shared with us on your league! :D

Last questions on Rodriguez : what is your opinion of him as compared to Walter Samuel? The latter's a good import with Roma and together with Aimar, are 2 of the few success stories of the young Argentines in Europe. Also, how's Gonzalo like in character, mental characteristics etc?

Thanks again!

Aug 1, 2003
    magosantana, are you SURE you're not gonzalo rodriguez's agent? :D

well I havent seen him play, but here in Malaysia they have weekly highlights of Argentinian league so I'll try to check him out... If Juve does get him will he be playing for our first team?

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    magosantana, are you SURE you're not gonzalo rodriguez's agent? :D

well I havent seen him play, but here in Malaysia they have weekly highlights of Argentinian league so I'll try to check him out... If Juve does get him will he be playing for our first team?
    why would an agent come here anyways?
    I don't believe Moggi has time to check our forums. :D
    welcome here magosantana, thnx for all your info.
    If Rodriguez is so good, I dearly hope he'll come to Juve.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Wow! I was also greeted by the Juventuz.com president! I'm really flattered! :D

Again, I was almost sure that someone would ask me about our gifted playmaker, Leandro Pipi Romagnoli, as soon as I said that I was a San Lorenzo fan. Well, as you must know, he suffered probably the worst injury any footballer can have, to break his crossed ligaments of the knee. I'm sure that translation is awful :D . Do you know the exact English for this? To give you a hint, it's the same injury Ronaldo suffered twice or three times....

Well, this is the second time Romagnoli has suffered that injury on the same (right) knee. It happened in mid May as he was running after the ball (yes, he was injured all alone, no clash againt a player or something, unlike the first time), he went under another surgery the week after and since then he has been on recovery. Right now he's ready to start pre-season training with the rest of his teammates.

Yes, I was well aware that Romagnoli had been eyed by a lot of Italian teams ever since his first appearance in our first team. First it was Milan (which was said to be willing to offer 10 million dollars), then it was Napoli (looking after the next Maradona maybe? :D ) and finally Udinese, this year. You won't believe this but Udinese actually made an offer in the middle of this year (during the Italian off-season) while Romagnoli was still in recovery! This was a real surprise even to our own board because Udinese actually didn't have a clue in what state Leandro was, whether he could ever play again or not. For your information, last year the Servette from Switzerland was also interested in Romagnoli but was in two minds because after they made Leandro travel to their club to have him checked by their doctors, the results weren't statisfactory enough. As I see it, that was bullshit from the Swiss club, probably to allow themselves to make a lower counter-offer if you know what I mean...

The thing is that Udinese was even offering Romagnoli to continue with his recovery sessions in Italy. Now that I dig more in my momory, I think their offer was to borrow him for 1 year for 600.000 dollars. Leandro ended up rejecting the offer because he preferred recovering at home, with his family, friends and teammates. But what surprised everybody most was that they wouldn't be able to use him for the first 6 months yet they were still interested in him. Obviously, they still consider him a true star, regardless of his recent injuries.

Another club that has also showed interest in Romagnoli is Bayern Leverkusen. That's right, in mid 2000 they wanted to get both our playmaker (Romagnoli) and goal-getter, Bernardo Romeo, currently in the HSV (Hamburg). Also, Werder Bremen, Stuttgart and New Castle were interested but their offers were considered too low.

If I had to describe him in a few words for those who haven't seen him play, he's your typical number 10 playmaker with the best dribbling skills you can find! He can dribble as many players as he wants. Dribbling is not a problem for him. And when he's on the mood and it's HIS day, NOONE can stop him. Not even Gonzalo ;) . I tell you, not even Pablo Aimar has this guy's dribbiling skills. In my opinion, he has everything to succeed abroad. Maybe his only flaw is free-kicks. That is something he could improve...

I know you're probably saying "if he's that good, why isn't he already in Serie A or in Spain?"... Well, like I said, these recent injuries have kept him from bieng transferred before, after he won 3 championships with San Lorenzo (the Torneo Clausura 2001, the Mercosur 2001 and the Sudamericana 2002, in the final game of which he scored a real Maradona-esque goal, taking the ball at the half of the field, dribbling five or six players, getting into the box and beating the Colombian goalkeeper from Atlético Nacional) and the 2001 U-20 World Youth Championship in Argentina where he started the team together with guys like Fabricio Coloccini (currently in Villarreal), Maximiliano Rodríguez (Espanyol) and Javier Saviola (Barcelona). D'Alessandro? He was just his subtitute. He had to come off the bench and played in the second half once the game was closed because obviously the coach considered him better. It was in that Championship where Leverkusen's coach, Toppi, (now Hamburg's coach) eyed Romagnoli. He simply said: "I've fallen in love with this guy". :dazed:
    Thanks a lot for that comprehensive bit! :cool: How do you rate Romagnoli as compared to the many other #10's in Argentina? Take River's Daniel Montenegro and Damian Manso (who was on loan at Bastia) for instance.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Its not a matter of what people beleive... everyone comes to their own opinions as to each invidual player when they see them.
    I do not rate him, others do.
    Am I wrong... no
    Is he wrong... no

Its opinions... people need to learn to respect them not cast aspersions on people they know nothing of because they disagree

As for dainelli..

I said he was one of the best last season and i stand by that... Many people agree, others dont.
    Plus i was talking about his performance last year... not saying that he is the best, jus his performance was very good... that doesnt mean i was saying he was better than nesta etc, but he gave a great performance, esp for someone of lesser experience... He ate juve up in the most part so he cant be bad and on the back of that match we were heavily linked to him.And those links have continued... so my opinion cant be too far off

If no one agreed ,so many people wouldnt have been chasing him
    Whether he lives up to last years promise no one knows

He has things I like in a defender

But thats my opinion... I dont expect anyone to agree or even like it
    Stupid me, you're right. It's all about opinions and they're bound to vary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)