Are footballplayers good rolemodels? (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I am supposed to write an essay about wether footballplayers are good role models or not. :undecide:

I haven't really decided if they are good role models yet. It is a lot easier to say why they are bad idols than to give reasons why they are.

What do you think?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
If I were you I would look at both sides in the essay and come to a final conclusion in the end. I DO think that football players are good roll models so I'd begin to name the reasons why they are NOT good roll models and then tackle those by naming the pro's, leading to the conclusion.

Why NOT:
- Doping
- Fouls
- Aggressiveness

Why TOO:
- A lot of footballers are from poor regions, it gives kids a sense that they can achieve anything, as long as they give it effort.
- A lot of footballers are normal people despite success, humble as anyone else. It's a sign that money doesn't HAVE to corrupt.

The conclusion could be something like "Footballers make mistakes like normal people, simply because they ARE normal people just like everyone else. That does not mean that they can't perform a leading role in today's society that appears to be corrupted more and more everyday blahblahblah"

Just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head :)

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    Wow, thanks a lot Matto. Some of your points were completely new for me.
    I really appreciate your help. :)

OP
    Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    Sure.

By the way, you must be a damn fast writer. Many times when I post something you reply before I have time to blink. And all the things you wrote here should take me an hour to come up with, you did it in five minutes. :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    If I were you I would look at both sides in the essay and come to a final conclusion in the end.
    That's a really effective old ass strategy, I've used it all through school, each and every "creative writing" :rolleyes: assignment.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Mhm, I know. It's brilliant when you only want to spend little time and still please your teacher! Plus it's dead-easy to write.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    haha :D

Z, you can also add that alot Players do charity like Seedorf and Javier Zanetti

plus if you're doing the positive essay, dont mention Duncan Ferguson

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You're welcome humble, stupid and uneducated servant. No go and get me my horse, and after that I want you to clean the house.

M O V E

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    Sorry, but I'm not sure, what you mean here: Zambro said: role models, Erik replied about roll models :undecide:
    I'm lost a bit.

And such role/roll models in what meaning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)