Arabic Football (16 Viewers)

May 30, 2004
man i am a zamalek fan but first and foremost the most important thing for me is da egyptian national team .. i dont kno if you feel da same bu if ahly was in da african champs and we were eliminated i d be with ahly all da way koz they representing egypt... and after all ahly over da centuries has been a main part supplying quality players to da national team.... i don kno if you get wht i mean... but i am only agains ahly when its zamalek they playing ... otherwise i am with ahly..... its sad all these stars in ahly zamalek roma and turkey and we werent able to qualify for da world cup i want to live o see da day we play in dat tournament koz i missed da firs time...i was busy not existing...newy forza egypto , zamalek , ahly and ismaily represent us well in da competitions

Buy on AliExpress.com

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
its sad all these stars in ahly zamalek roma and turkey and we werent able to qualify for da world cup i want to live o see da day we play in dat tournament koz i missed da firs time...i was busy not existing...newy forza egypto , zamalek , ahly and ismaily represent us well in da competitions
I wish the same thing..But it seems We will live all our lifes wishing for it :D

Jul 19, 2003
Ahly collects the 10th consecutive win and leads the pack with 10 points. Can we break the record of 13 games?

Ahly 1-0 El-Geish

83' Barakat

The game was basically complete domination and constant pressure by Ahly, and with the dozens of wasted chances, we had to wait till the 83rd minute to get the goal. Assist by Bibo.

I'm getting tired of Emad Met3eb and I think Maki should start instead of him for sure. That guys foot is always aimed at goal.......it launches some shots too. :eek: What do you think Freddy?

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Ahly collects the 10th consecutive win and leads the pack with 10 points. Can we break the record of 13 games?

Ahly 1-0 El-Geish

83' Barakat

The game was basically complete domination and constant pressure by Ahly, and with the dozens of wasted chances, we had to wait till the 83rd minute to get the goal. Assist by Bibo.

I'm getting tired of Emad Met3eb and I think Maki should start instead of him for sure. That guys foot is always aimed at goal.......it launches some shots too. :eek: What do you think Freddy?

Well...I was at the stadium yesterday and to tell u the truth .. the fans were mad at Emad Met3eb.....He wasted a very easy chance in the first half....and was completely useless

As for starting with Maki...I think u r right and he will get his chance in the cup games

Though IMO When Ahmed Belal returnes .. Emad Met3eb and Osama Hosny will sit on the bench again

About the game, as u said....Ahly controlled the game from the first minute till the end....I bet all of u would ask " and how didn't Ahly score earlier than the 83rd minute ".....The answer would be .. HOW COULD A TEAM SCORE WHILE THE OTHER TEAM IS PLAYING TOTALLY INSIDE IT'S PENELTY AREA !!!!

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Player of the Year nominees revealed
Nov 22, 2004
FootballAsia.com

KUALA LUMPUR – Bahrain striker A’ala Hubail, Iran forward Ali Karimi and Japan playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura have been announced as the nominees for this year’s AFC Player of the Year award.

The Asian Football Confederation revealed Monday the nominations for its 2004 annual awards, which will be presented at the Palace of the Golden Horses hotel in Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday, December 8.

Hubail, Karimi and Nakamura are up for the AFC’s most prestigious individual award following their impressive displays at the Asian Cup 2004 in China, which earned all three spots on the JCB Asian Cup All-Star team.

Hubail and Karimi were the tournament’s joint-top scorers with five goals each while Nakamura won the Emirates MVP of the Tournament award after helping Japan to lift their third Asian Cup title.

All three also helped their countries to reach the final round of the Asian qualifiers for the 2006 World Cup as well as having good seasons for their clubs. Hubail, 22, has been scoring goals on a regular basis since joining Qatar league side Al Gharafa after the Asian Cup, 26-year-old Karimi inspired Al Ahli to victory in the UAE President’s Cup final, and Nakamura, 26, remains a firm crowd favourite at Italian Serie A side Reggina.

The winner of the award will succeed 2003 AFC Player of the Year Mehdi Mahdavikia of Iran and German Bundesliga side Hamburg.

There will be 10 other prizes presented on December 8 including awards for Team of the Year, Coach of the Year and Youth Player of the Year.

In the National Team of the Year award category, Asian Cup champions Japan will vie with Bahrain, who defied the odds to reach the semi-finals in only their second Asian Cup appearance, and Olympic semi-finalists Iraq.

Iraq’s remarkable Olympic performance has also earned Adnan Hamd a nomination in the Coach of the Year category with Turkmenistan national coach Rahim Kurbanmamedov and Pakhtakor’s Tachmurod Agamurodov.

Korea Republic striker Park Chu-young, the top scorer and most valuable player at the AFC Youth Championship 2004, is up for the Youth Player of the Year award with Qatar’s Yusef Ahmad Ali and China’s Wang Dalei.

AFC Awards 2004 nominations

Player of the Year
A’ala Hubail (BHR), Ali Karimi (IRN), Shunsuke Nakamura (JPN)

Coach of the Year
Tachmurod Agamurodov (Pakhtakor - UZB), Adnan Hamd (IRQ), Rahim Kurbanmamedov (TKM)

National Team of the Year
Bahrain, Iraq, Japan

Club Team of the Year
Al Ittihad (KSA), Home United (SIN), Seongnam Chunma (KOR.)

Women’s Team of the Year
China (U-19), Japan (Olympic), Korea Republic (U-19)

Women’s Player of the Year
Mio Otani (JPN), Park Eun-sun (KOR), Homare Sawa (JPN)

Futsal Team of the Year
Iran, Japan, Thailand

Special Merit Award:
Prince Abdul Rahman bin Saoud (former President of Al Nasr/KSA)

Fair Play Award:
China, Iran, Qatar

Match Official of the Year
Lu Jun (CHN), Shamsul Maidin (SIN), Moradi Masoud (IRN), Talaat Najm (LIB)

Youth Player of the Year
Yusef Ahmad Ali (QTR), Park Chu-young (KOR), Wang Dalei (CHN)

FROM THE AFC

Bahrain, and Alaa Hubail are nominated, cool ha!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
This shows how low Saudi football has dropped in just 4 years...sad...

only Al-Ittihad are the bright spot and are deservedly representing KSA.

Jul 19, 2003
ey zamalek too won yesterday right....ahlt might ve well drawn if daother team was defending throughout tey just haaad to socre in da 83rd minute didnt they ...lol mabrouk boys
Same happened with Zamalek......they scored veeeeeeeeeery late in the game. ;)

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
ey zamalek too won yesterday right....ahlt might ve well drawn if daother team was defending throughout tey just haaad to socre in da 83rd minute didnt they ...lol mabrouk boys
If u watched the game .. We would have seen The Geish team playing defence for 90 minutes......all around their penelty area...!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Can Any team score !!!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
:extatic:

Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma (KOR) 0 Al Ittihad (KSA) 5
Al Ittihad win 6-3 on aggregate
AFC Champions League Final – Second Leg

SEOUL - Al Ittihad, of Saudi Arabia, are the 2004 AFC Champions League champions thanks to a performance that will go down in the annals of Asian football.

Trailing by 3-1 from the first leg in Jeddah last Wednesday and with a new coach at the helm, few were expecting anything other than a Seongnam Chunma victory.

In fact, given the fact that the visitors knew they had to throw caution to the wind, some observers were predicting a heavy defeat for the demoralised Saudi side.

The reality could not have been more different as the visitors dominated large parts of the game as they crushed the Koreans by five goals.

Things could have been different though if Seongnam had taken their opportunities in the first half. With an unusually large crowd cheering them on at the Seongnam Sports Complex, the K-League side made much of the early running with Kim Do-hoon blazing wide after latching on to Dudu’s through ball while Lee Ki-hyung fired an 11th minute free-kick just past the left upright.

Al Ittihad had few real opportunities in the early stages but opened the scoring after 27 minutes when centre half Redha Tukar rose high above Park Woo-hyun in the Seongnam defence to head Chico’s corner past goalkeeper Yang Young-min.

Seongnam responded with their best spell of the match as Denis Laktionov’s corner kick bounced off the top of the crossbar and Lee Ki-hyung hit the inside of the right post with a shot from just inside the box.

Those misses would prove costly as the six-time Saudi league champions struck a crucial second goal on the stroke of half-time. Chico was once again the provider as he lofted in a free kick from the right flank that the Seongnam defence failed to deal with. The ball was knocked back by Hamad Al Montashari into the path of Hamzah Idris who prodded the ball past Yang from close range.

The goal came at a crucial time for Dragan Talajic’s side and self-belief coursed through his side in the opening exchanges of the second half.

Having absorbed Seongnam’s early pressure, Al Ittihad went ahead on aggregate for the first time with a magnificent goal on the counterattack in the 55th minute. Manaf Abushgeer was released down the left by Hamzah Idris’s through ball and his low cross eluded a crowd of players in the middle before finding skipper, Mohammad Noor, who slid in at the far post to put the ball into the unguarded net.

Seongnam pushed forward in a desperate attempt to get back into the tie and substitute Marcedo Marcello went close as his header off a Dudu corner was saved by Ittihad goalkeeper Hussain Al Sadiq.

The Koreans left large gaps at the back and they were cruelly exposed again in the 78th minute as the Saudis scored the killer fourth goal on yet another lethal counter-attack. With the entire Seongnam defence caught upfield, Hamzah Idris broke down the left flank and centred for a completely unmarked Mohammad Noor to slide the ball past Yang Young-min.

Laktionov’s shot on the turn forced a magnificent save out of Al Sadiq but the attacks of the shell-shocked Korean side offered little real threat in the closing stages.

And the visitors capped off an amazing night five minute into added time as Abushgeer turned defender Kim Sung-il on the left of the Seongnam box before curling the ball past the helpless Yang, just inside the far post.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
congratulations to El Ittihad and saudi fans:party:.

IMO El Ittihad play one of the most entertaining football compared to other arab clubs.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I never thought they could pull that one out.. big WOW... congrats to them..

it's good for the arabic football.. the title remains arabic..

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
Gulf cup in doha :

yeaterday games

UAE Vs Qatar 2-2 qatar scored 2 goals in dying min

Oman Vs Iraq 3-1 oman really impressed poor luck they did not win thier group with japan

today's games :

Kuwait Vs saudi arabia

Bahrain Vs Yemen

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
damn, we didn't deserve the draw.. we dominated the game except for the last minutes.. the ref was biased IMHO.. that free kick which was behind qatar's second goal was totally uncalled for.. too many yellow cards for our players for nithing.. I don't doubt that he was paid.. those qataries officials are dirty, as always.. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)