Appiah is not that bad (1 Viewer)

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
We have a always said that Appiah in good enough for Juve etc. But he play a wonderful match against Italy.
I the problems are not players but Juventus itself. We saw that Di Vaio was a great player in Parma, but in Juve, he couldn't bring that. Van Der Sar was also on of the great keepers in the world but nothing in Juve. I can go on with examples.

It seems that the players can not play in thier positions, like Thuram. I think that Juve needs to make it clear before signing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
appiah seems to be more comfortable in the ghanian team...
but he his not that comfortable in juve, when feeling comfortable in the squad he will play more confident
in ghana he feels like a star.. a feeling he doesn't experience here
i think his performance this season will depend on his relationship with capello

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Appiah had a good game, but hey -- it's the Olympics. In any other context besides men's soccer, that normally would be a mark of esteem. But it in this case, it isn't.

That said, interesting how they had Appiah playing as a forward. And his goal before halftime was certainly sublime. I kept saying msyelf, "Wow -- why didn't he do things like that in a Juve kit?"

Positions are important. But I think the challenge with Juve, like many other teams, is in fitting in. Foreigners -- and I mean that to be anyone not from Italy or France -- seem to have an especially difficult time adjusting to the team, their position, etc.

First and foremost, let's remember that this is a team sport. It's for that reason that we've seen outcomes like the 2004 CL, Euro 2004, and why Inter can spend like drunken sailors and still end up no better than bridesmaids. ;)

So fitting into a team is a critical piece -- and one which a lot of new transfers ultimately even hurts more than helps. Appiah's team fit seems better suited for Ghana than Juve right now, but that can change (I hope it does!).

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Appiah has good movement with the ball, and he knows how to shoot the ball, but from we've seen from him in Juve, he's a terrible passer, and his presence is not in the level required to defesive midfielders.

I would want to know how he plays in the wings

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
Appiah has good movement with the ball, and he knows how to shoot the ball, but from we've seen from him in Juve, he's a terrible passer, and his presence is not in the level required to defesive midfielders.

I would want to know how he plays in the wings
Err, you should know by now! Lippi fielded him on the wings most of the times and it's the main reason he wasn't too much at ease. So remove that thought off your head! Play Appiah central, or don't play him at all.

Appiah isn't a terrible passer at all. When in confidence, he comes up with millimeter precises deep through balls. His poor passing of last season came down to a confidence problem.

Emerson-Appiah should be the customary DM pair.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He's not aggresive enough. I'd want someone mora aggressive, like Blasi, next to Emo, so that he can play a bit more offensive.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
He played against our u-21 team...that doesnt tell me much

1 lucky shot, and 1 pass that he just put into the middle, hoping someone would get doesnt prove shit.............................

use him for transfer bait.....................

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's not about how he played last night , he is good player , he fight for the ball... he got some good skills ... he loves juve i guess !

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

Err, you should know by now! Lippi fielded him on the wings most of the times and it's the main reason he wasn't too much at ease. So remove that thought off your head! Play Appiah central, or don't play him at all.

Appiah isn't a terrible passer at all. When in confidence, he comes up with millimeter precises deep through balls. His poor passing of last season came down to a confidence problem.

I didn't see most of Juve's games last season. In most of the games I saw he was in the center, so I can"t judge like you.

his short range passes were terrible, but I guess that it's true that a confidence problem affected his passings.

we didn't see him too much in the pre-season, but in 20 minutes in trofeo TIM, he was quite good

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
He's not aggresive enough. I'd want someone mora aggressive, like Blasi
Oh yes, Manuele Blasi! The man is filth. Ultra-violent filth!

++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
He played against our u-21 team...that doesnt tell me much

1 lucky shot, and 1 pass that he just put into the middle, hoping someone would get doesnt prove shit.............................
No offence, Vinnie, but you sound like someone prejudiced against the player. And like any prejudiced people, you only have dishonesty to back up any such point.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002

Oh yes, Manuele Blasi! The man is filth. Ultra-violent filth!

No offence, Vinnie, but you sound like someone prejudiced against the player. And like any prejudiced people, you only have dishonesty to back up any such point.
What do you mean by "prejudice" ???????

I dont think he's that good, thats not being prejudice, thats my opinion...watch your choice of words...........

So, are you being "prejudiced" against Blasi ??????????????

May 4, 2004

agree with everything.. GREAT!!!!

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Blasi might be violent, but thats what we ned.

And Vinman, the Olympics are an U-23 tournament, with three over 23 players allowed.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
What do you mean by "prejudice" ???????

I dont think he's that good, thats not being prejudice, thats my opinion...watch your choice of words...........

So, are you being "prejudiced" against Blasi ??????????????
Bad English, sorry! Let's rephrase.

I deemed the remarks I quoted of yours... stupid --sorry if that's a bad choice of word too? You don't grant Appiah the benefit of the doubt, regardless of how he does. If he doesn't do well, he sucks. And if he does do well, that's probably luck and he still sucks. It's alright if you don't rate the player, fine by me, but don't make the good things (and they sure come more often than you make them out to be) he accomplishes look fortuitous and the odd exception, for the sake of emphasizing your point.

About Blasi, what is it exactly that you wanna know about this filth?

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002

Bad English, sorry! Let's rephrase.

I deemed the remarks I quoted of yours... stupid --sorry if that's a bad choice of word too? You don't grant Appiah the benefit of the doubt, regardless of how he does. If he doesn't do well, he sucks. And if he does do well, that's probably luck and he still sucks. It's alright if you don't rate the player, fine by me, but don't make the good things (and they sure come more often than you make them out to be) he accomplishes look fortuitous and the odd exception, for the sake of emphasizing your point.

About Blasi, what is it exactly that you wanna know about this filth?
I dont like Appiah, and you dont like Blasi... fair enough !!!!!!

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Blasi might be violent, but thats what we ned.

And Vinman, the Olympics are an U-23 tournament, with three over 23 players allowed.
I stand corrected !!!!!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Hehe , as i said , it's not about 1 game Don , But Ppl here in the forum judje really quick , like last season 90% of our mates came up with this " get rid of Legro and appiah , they aint good " but i see them as good players , and i know they can serve the club much better then last year , cuz they aint playin for small clubs anymore , they are playing for big club , like Juve !

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
one game isnt good enough to suggest he deserves a place in the starting line up at juve. but in saying that, Blasi hasnt done much at all for juve thus far. fast and agressive, but hasnt shown he can do much better than appiah for that matter.

and last season, no one played well. Maresca showed that he was worth keeping and was sold. Appiah was given more chances but didnt show much. lippi tried tacchinardi, davids and appiah at times, it just didnt suit appiah at all. just like now with blasi when he is partnered by tacchinardi and emerson. the players are not being played right.

At Brescia, Appiah played well in the 4-4-2 formation, thats a formation that Capello may very well play with. If he finds that form again and has emerson as a partner, then he would be the best player to field ahead of blasi. And of course, Nedved can play on the wing and so can olivera or kapo if he stays.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
All our players were poor from last season. I will hate to see Apiah go to Arsenal. New coach and maybe Appiah will be in his plans cause everyone deserves a fair chance. Steph is on point.(A.Del from the XT, not hard to tell) I think Appiah is a danger going forward. His defensive abilities are quite poor but he can create stuff and can pass, when he has confidence he picks his man out. It wasnt too long ago that he was a good buy from Brescia. The expectation is high at Juve but my man deserves to stay on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)