Appiah is not that bad (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2003
I wasn't impressed by Appiah last season, in fact I wanted him dropped from the starting line up. I think though, it would be a huge mistake if we didn't give him a least another season and playing him in a position where it suits him best - though with Emerson, Tach and Blasi, he may not get that chance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
All our players were poor from last season. I will hate to see Apiah go to Arsenal. New coach and maybe Appiah will be in his plans cause everyone deserves a fair chance. Steph is on point.(A.Del from the XT, not hard to tell) I think Appiah is a danger going forward. His defensive abilities are quite poor but he can create stuff and can pass, when he has confidence he picks his man out. It wasnt too long ago that he was a good buy from Brescia. The expectation is high at Juve but my man deserves to stay on.
If we could actually get a Appiah for Campbell swap, I'd agree with it

Jul 19, 2003
He was average against Paraguay, but he had 2-3 decent freekicks, a few very good counter-attacking passes, and a nice goal. Ghana did well to fight back from 1-0 down and score twice in 3 minutes.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he is just played in a more offensive position. no one knows if he is good enough though, he is playing in the olympics.

he may better than tacchinardi but they do differ as players. tacchinardi is an anchor man where appiah is a more offensive midfield style player.

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
appiah seems to be more comfortable in the ghanian team...
but he his not that comfortable in juve, when feeling comfortable in the squad he will play more confident
in ghana he feels like a star.. a feeling he doesn't experience here
i think his performance this season will depend on his relationship with capello
Agree.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
@Holdon, there is Santa Claus dammit!!

@Vinman, your always using much question marks etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jul 28, 2002
appaih will prove his true worth this season...bad or good.

BTW tac shouldnt be protected form criticism, he is the midfield anchor, who is meant to protect the defence, he hasnt been doing his job well either.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
@Holdon, there is Santa Claus dammit!!

@Vinman, your always using much question marks etc. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!! :D
I guess that just to get my point across

p.s.- beware of my CAPS !!!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by julio1011 ] ++
appiah seems to be more comfortable in the ghanian team...
but he his not that comfortable in juve, when feeling comfortable in the squad he will play more confident
in ghana he feels like a star.. a feeling he doesn't experience here
i think his performance this season will depend on his relationship with capello
Agreed. Appiah is more comfortable in the Ghanian set-up, simply because he's guaranteed a place in the team and can concentrate on doing his thing more easily. The talent is there as was shown in 02-03 with Brescia, so hopefully Capello can get the best out of him like he has done with other youngsters throughout his career, and seems to be doing with Olivera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)