Anyone know when CM 03/04 comes out? (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Well not really, but there have ironed it out a bit. I think it runs much more smoothly than CM4, and also more stabile. In each players profile you now have a "Training progress" button, which shows you how the players stats have increased or decreased during training.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
its easier to sell players, maybe just to easy.

I transferlisted Trez, and Madrid offered med 11£ + Zidane... Its just a tad to unrealistic, but im sure it will be fixed in the first patch!

The 2D pitch has also improved.

The coaches and managers, now rate their own players by giving them stars. And the media is also more involved in CM 03/04... They are finding up some crazy rumours aswell :D

But one little thing that bothers me REALLY MUCH is that Nedveds workrate is 16 :( :( :( Honestly his workrate should just say HORSE :D

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
naaah, i can't... If i fix Neddy, then some evil force makes me want to fix all the other juve players :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
this is just crazy...i recieved a 14m bid from milan for zamby and rejected it(demanding 30m in the process),then two days later i recieved another bid from milan-16m+maldini+rivaldo+rui costa:howler:

i rejected it tho:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I just downloaded the ISO (meaning it's not a rip, i got an identical copy of the real CD) :extatic: i finish my exams on friday so i'll give her a run and tell u'z all about it.

:)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It seems pretty smooth and very neat-looking.

The feature i like most of all so far is that it takes a split-second to Alt+Tab out of it :D, unlike those pesky 3D games. Very useful!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I just played my first match against Milan without doing much, just sat back and watched. Won 1-0 :extatic:

Guess who got injured? Tudor :wallbang: Very realistic game :p

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, I bought the game too, yesterday. Downloaded the patch and found a crack for it online, installed it, but I dont want to play it before I finish some schoolwork. It looks good tho

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have a question. Is this game available in the United States?

Is it a pure simulation, or do you actually get to play it.

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You don't play as in Fifa, you just set up the team and make the transfers, then look at some stats from the matches, compare goalscoring rates and transfer values. The closest you get to "playing" is a very lame 2D animation.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, that's pretty cool. It's like an updated Strat-O-Matic baseball game, except it's on PC. I'm sure some people here have no idea what I'm talking about, but it's a card/board game that was very popular in the 70's, where you would pick a team, and they would have their stats on them, and you would roll a dice and that would dictate the matchups and situations.

I'm just wondering if it's available in the US. If it is, I'd like to try it.

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    If you just want to try it, put "Championship Manager 01/02 Demo" or "Championship Manager 03/04" into Google, and you'll get a version which will let you play half a season in one league.

It takes a few days to really get into, but once all the little sections and possibilites are second nature to you, you'll waste whole weeks of your life on it. Definately recommended.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    You don't play as in Fifa, you just set up the team and make the transfers, then look at some stats from the matches, compare goalscoring rates and transfer values. The closest you get to "playing" is a very lame 2D animation.
    That doesn't do it justice! You manage most fathomable sides of the game that a manager has to ...manage

The people who don't understand this game (my brother, for instance) will just laugh and wonder how you can possibly be entertained by flashing text on a screen (the 2D field with blips was only introduced in the 2nd last release).

It's really fun if you're a footie fanatic, because you really see the rewards of your training. Trust me, once you first get addicted to this game, you'll start carrying around a notebook and jotting down all the good formations and lineups you can think of.

It goes on and on.... this game should carry the same label as cigarette packets:

"Very addictive."

"Hazardous to your health" wouldn't be inappropriate either ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    CM to me is all about the transfer market :cool: I always like to try new players I haven't played before, usually young players and get them together in a team. After a few seasons it's a world beater ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I remember in CM3, when Robbie Keane was at Wolves, he was the first player I'd sign. His pace and finishing were excellent, and that's pretty much all that mattered for forwards back then :thumb:

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
    Jan 11, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    Yeah, I bought the game too, yesterday. Downloaded the patch and found a crack for it online, installed it, but I dont want to play it before I finish some schoolwork. It looks good tho
    Hmmm if you bought the game, why did you look for a crack? :confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)