Anyone had LASIK surgery? (1 Viewer)

Ferrari^M

Sep 3, 2002
It's that laser thingy that removes miobia (sp?) ?

I was thinking of getting one.
Someone i knew that took it, needed a second one though, it seems it's not always successfull.

OP
nosubstitute959
Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    It's a procedure done on the eye, using laser, to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, by altering the shape of the cornea to allow light to be in better focus on the retina.

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++

Someone i knew that took it, needed a second one though, it seems it's not always successfull.

Yes.......that's what I'm afraid of. They're quite expensive and I wouldn't want to do it twice. I've also read of side-effects that can cause you blurred vision, but of course everything has side-effects. I tried out contact lenses before but they're too uncomfortable for me.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    No i will never get it done. Im shortsighted and only wear contacts now and then when I go out and specs when watching tv. By the way do you think football players wear contacts when playing, im sure they do, or maybe theyve had sugery cause contacts are annoying.

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
    I can't remember what my laser operation was called, but I don't need glasses anymore. I used to be very nearsighted, like -8. I feel unbelievably free now not having to worry about contacts - especially after partying :D

I recommend it! But, do find a respectable hospital/doctor!

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah they could come off while playing football but whats worse is they start irritating your eyes if you play esp' in summer time.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ferrari^M ] ++

if you mean this by saying LASIK surgery....then i can tell you few things if you want.

my teacher did that and she told me every single detail about it....

i was curious and asked he r EVERYTHING.

so...if you are still interested,i could help you.!

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Minfana ] ++
    I can't remember what my laser operation was called, but I don't need glasses anymore. I used to be very nearsighted, like -8. I feel unbelievably free now not having to worry about contacts - especially after partying :D

I recommend it! But, do find a respectable hospital/doctor!
    Would you please find out for me what the operation was called? Maybe call your doctor........I'd appreciate it. :)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    There are many pro footballers that wear contacts.

@Lil......please share with me whatever you know about it. :)
    well,listen.
    she went to her doctor,he gave her a drug,but she didn't fall asleep,she was numb.
    while she was doing the "surgery" she didn't hurt at all,but she was feeling smg.
    also,i think she told me that they put smg so thatshe wouldn't blink.

she payed 2000 euros.
    the same day she went out,even though the doctor told her,a couple of days to try not to come in contach with smoke or anything that would irritate her eyes,but even that she went out,everything was fine.

the next days,she was just puting a medicine in her eyes and that's all.

she was VERY satisfied!

BUT,ALL doctors say that is better to do this after you are 25 years old,so that your miobia would be stabilisied.

that's all i know!

OP
    nosubstitute959
    Jul 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    I see......thanks. That's pretty much what I know about it except that here in the U.S. they say minimum age is 18 years old. I'm going to go and have a consultation at the clinic so that they tell me everything about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)