Anyone had LASIK surgery? (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
I got an ulcer in the cornea for wearing contact lenses. It was so uncomfortable! I thought my eye was going to pop up and fall down

I think that if you have really high miobia or whatever you have, go for it

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I dont think they wear contacts - isnt it a bit too easy for the contacts to be lost on the pitch ?

I think many players (football and other sport) wear contacts because it was comfortable than specs. I saw pictures of them someone wear glasses in a casual time. (not sunglasses of meaning)

Contact lens is not easy to be lost. You can swim and do everything, exclude something with fire because it made from plastic can be dissolve in fire(hottest) and stick on your eyes – very dangerous!!!! :eek: Please careful in time grill barbecue, meat, etc. or do anything nearly/close up the fire. :D

Aug 1, 2003
I don't think I'd do this laser thing. I find more comfort in spectacles. not pretty, but more secure. I'm kinda scared of all these advanced technology. Somehow doesn't feel natural.

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
I don't think I'd do this laser thing. I find more comfort in spectacles. not pretty, but more secure. I'm kinda scared of all these advanced technology. Somehow doesn't feel natural.
No.... you can choose the best one most match from many type or style of glasses ..look pretty girl :D

a reason of uncomfortable (IMO) maybe you should have 2 or more glasses : 1 specs :geek: and 1 sunglasses :cool:

I don't like glasses because I feel pain my nose :down: so, contact lens is better.

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
specs hurt my nose alot :D but i will have to wait for 2 years till i can have the operation,contact lenses arent good for daily use(like 24/7) u can use them when u go to a party or soiree or somethin'

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Not too bothered but I'd prefer if I can function without them.

i see.like my best friend.
but she bought fantastic glasses and she is wearing them now 24/7....

it's a good solution!

Minfana

Jul 15, 2003
nosubstitute & mcpiero: check out www.zyoptik.com, there's lots of information :)

And Lasik was the operation I had done - the procedure is also explained in the www-address above. Cost me 1390 euro/eye in 2002 + other expenses (check ups and such.) Not too much imo, since specs cost a fortune here.

Hope you find answers :)

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
i wear specs,the problem with them is:
1-they hurt my nose.
2-i always break my specs while playing football..so,my parents buy me about 3 glasses/year.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
I was gonna do it (the LASIK surgery) this summer.. I consulted a doctor for it and he advised me to wait one more year when I'll be 25.. he said some people did with lesser ages.. and it worked fine for them.. it depends on your eyes' sensitivity or something...

++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
1-they hurt my nose.
2-i always break my specs while playing football..so,my parents buy me about 3 glasses/year.
MD.. you play football..??!!!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
1-they hurt my nose.
wear eye-contacts...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)