Anyone had LASIK surgery? (1 Viewer)

AnnA

May 14, 2003
I am wearing contact lenses, and I think that is better way to solve the problem, then a surgery, sure, if it is possible! But if you have enough money and time, with surgery you can solve the problem permanentlly...

Anyways, I am thinking to do that, but not now, in the future maybe. :)

Contact lenses are cool!

AnnA

May 14, 2003
Well I was reading what you all said before... I didn`t know that contacts may melt near the fire!! :eek:

And yeah, you shouldn`t wear them 24/7, it`s the best to wear glasses when you are at home, and when you go out, or in special occasions put your contact lenses. At least I am doing so. :)

Anyways... Anybody knows a good web page where I can find informations about contact lenses?

Btw, I have 2 pairs of color contact lenses too! One sky-blue, and one really really beautiful light-blue. So I can have 3 eye colors! And I think that doesn`t damage the eyes... I hope!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
I am wearing contact lenses, and I think that is better way to solve the problem, then a surgery, sure, if it is possible! But if you have enough money and time, with surgery you can solve the problem permanentlly...

Anyways, I am thinking to do that, but not now, in the future maybe. :)

Contact lenses are cool!
but,don't they irritate a bit the eyes...??

AnnA

May 14, 2003
Well first days they do! But now I forget thet I have them! I dont feel them at all! Sometimes I go to sleep and then I wake up in the middle of the night remembering that I still have them in my eyes! :)

AnnA

May 14, 2003
I never wear them all night! I wake up almost immediatelly when I fall asleep because I remember that I still have them! :)

Another really great thing abt them is that I have alot self-confidence more now! ;)

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by AnnA ] ++
Well I was reading what you all said before... I didn`t know that contacts may melt near the fire!! :eek:

Some article from website :angel:

The ones who wear contact lens, Please read!
I heard a horrible true story about contact lenses.... It was happen to a 21 years old guy at Malacca, he wore a pair of contact lenses for a barbeque.
While, he was barbeque, he was starring at the fire charcoals.
After for few seconds, he started to scream for help and move rapidly, jump upside down. No one in the party no why...Until...He arrived at Hospital, and doctor said he was blind permanently.
WHY? > Because he wore a contact lenses.
Contact lenses are made by plastic, and the heat of the charcoal melt the contact lenses while he was wearing it.......
Imagine how painful experience it was.... > So, tell all your friends.....
DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES IF NOT NECESSARY!!!!
http://board.dserver.org/s/sunathav/00000330.html

2) What is the melting point of polycarbonate?
The melting point for polycarbonate according to the Vicat softening test is around 310° Fahrenheit; however, polycarbonate will actually begin to melt around 400-410°. The nylon frame on Uvex eyewear products will melt at around 428°F. Temperatures of this harsh nature will certainly have an effect on the wearer's face/flesh long before the safety lenses or frames begin to melt.
http://www.uvex.com/pages/company/faqs.html

Don't place lenses on top of anything warm; they will melt.
http://www.willseye.org/eye_diseases/contact.html

Anyways... Anybody knows a good web page where I can find informations about contact lenses?

www.contactlenscouncil.org

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I will only suggest LASAIK operation if you hardly cant see. Its a waste of money and a gamble if you only have -/+ 1 or something to make a LASAIK operation.

I talked to an expert, and he told me not to do it, because no one knows the symptons for the operation are in the future, because the operation is in an early phase.

That story about a man who got his contacts burning is bullshit. Ive tried to burn a contact linse, and it doesnt light up in fire. The linses is usually 50-70% water, and as we all know, water cant burn. I think he might have got some old linses or some plastic linses, but thats ancient history.

I also use Linses btw,have used them in 2 years, and my sight havent dropped or raised yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)