Antonio Conte (32 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
yeah, the management surely appreciated that the primadonna agreed to stay then backed out of his promise and left the team when preseason has already started

also fallouts aren't necessarily public, sometimes you just suppose with some certainty that it might have happened along the way:

Pavel Nedved reveals Antonio Conte quit Juventus because “he no longer had the energy to continue and had wanted to resign in May.”
Nedved is a member of the Bianconeri backroom staff and told a Czech newspaper the reason Conte abruptly terminated his contract two days into pre-season training.
“Antonio resigned because he no longer had the energy to continue, not because of any disagreements with the directors,” assured Nedved.
“He already wanted to resign in May, but we talked it over and convinced him to think about it over the holidays.
“When he came back, he decided that he didn’t want to carry on. None of what the media have said about Conte’s resignation has been correct. He was simply tired.
https://football-italia.net/nedved-conte-was-simply-tired/

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Resigns on 15th of July cause he's tired.

Signs for the NT on August 14th.

So tired :cry:
National team is a vacation in comparison to club football let alone at Juve in his last season. Thats why old coaches gravitate towards NTs. All I am saying is he wanted out in May, which doesn't fit well with the big fall-out narrative. He worked with Beppe again soon after and Tici more recently too, and if you believe the rumours Nedved wanted him back after Pirlo. If there was some big conflict it likely was with Agnelli but nothing block buster or as intense as he's had in England or else they wouldnt have given him the summer to reconsider.

Now at Chelsea and ofc at Spurs.. thats a proper fall-out for the history books. He took a giant dump on Spurs' brand.

- - - Updated - - -

So he's getting a big severance package AGAIN ain't he. Now he can dine in a €100,000 restaurant.
He'll buy access to the lounge at Ryan Air

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I will be really surprised if he manages to land another big job outside of Italy.
So would I. Nobody wants an explosive unpredictable guy who can quit as he wishes.

However I watched his rant interview and while he was throwing his players under the bus Mourinho style I couldn’t help but think there’s gotta be some truth to what he said. I can perfectly see Tottenham being a club with no real goals to actually win titles and these spoiled modern players not giving a shit either.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
The Spurs squad is terrible and actually, Conte taking them into CL was a massive achievement for the club. They're going to disappear when Chelsea and Liverpool reset themselves and given that Arsenal and Newcastle are already growing, Spurs are done. I can't even see them make Europa Conference League next year.

It doesn't matter who manages them, there are only 3 or 4 players that are top 4 quality but everyone else is straight up mediocre. They've got Brighton, Newcastle, United, and Liverpool to play so watch how poor they really are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)