Antonio Conte (172 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Should remain in legend section unless he completely turns on us. What he did for Juve should be respected, both as a player and as a coach. Its all business nowdays anyway, no real bandieras around. Players like Del Piero, Totti, DDR, Maldini, J. Zanetti (fuck him but he was a loyal cunt) are thing of a past.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Should remain in legend section unless he completely turns on us. What he did for Juve should be respected, both as a player and as a coach. Its all business nowdays anyway, no real bandieras around.
Knowing Conte however I'm certain that this is going to get ugly. He's too competitive and big character to stay diplomatic with us (at least in the long run)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I understand it, but I don't understand what does his coaching career have to do with being a Juve legend or not. The two greatest Juve coaches went to coach Inter and they did it directly from Juve's bench.
One of them, Lippi, is still in the legends section.

You are leaving out by far and away the most important detail in talking about Lippi

Calciopoli

It's not just a hated football rivalry, inter helped try to literally destroy Juve off of the fucking pitch. Conte helping them compete against Juve after that in my eyes means his legend status is revokes at least temporarily.

It's about calciopoli. Inter pre 2006 would have been understandable even if annoying.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You are leaving out by far and away the most important detail in talking about Lippi

Calciopoli

It's not just a hated football rivalry, inter helped try to literally destroy Juve off of the fucking pitch. Conte helping them compete against Juve after that in my eyes means his legend status is revokes at least temporarily.

It's about calciopoli. Inter pre 2006 would have been understandable even if annoying.
Sure, but this inter's mgt has very little to do with previous one (Zanetti is irrelevant) , different owners and policy. If Conte joined Inter at the time of Moratti, then flame him by all means. I dislike inter, but its very different to what it was during calciopolli and its aftermath.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

Calciopoli

Well it was Moratti, he is no longer President!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Knowing Conte however I'm certain that this is going to get ugly. He's too competitive and big character to stay diplomatic with us (at least in the long run)
Didn’t he make some comments about having a memory like an elephant before his Italy played a match at J Stadium, because of some perceived swipes from Juve management and fans over Marchisio getting injured while on international duty?

His pride was a good thing while he was here, but it could lead to some very unfortunate comments while coaching Inter.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You wanna know why he's not the legend section? Look at what gattuso did with his contract and compare it to what conte did, and this coming from someone who defended him and gave infractions to anyone who dared disrespect him. But see that's the whole point of legend status, respect. Respecting these colors, any team in the world would have been fine, but not those nasty orcish colors.
Ain't no harm in trying to get paid, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
love Conte even though i will root against him.

he does seem an excellent choice for them but still not a guarantee.

i think this will go one of two ways either spectacular or spectacularly horrible for them. contes volatile personality and expecting 120% from everyone could either turn Inter around and into a scudetto contender or, if the players dont take to him, could be a disaster.

seeing the sort of players inter have around i wouldnt be surprised if conte had major feuds with a few of them

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
You wanna know why he's not the legend section? Look at what gattuso did with his contract and compare it to what conte did, and this coming from someone who defended him and gave infractions to anyone who dared disrespect him. But see that's the whole point of legend status, respect. Respecting these colors, any team in the world would have been fine, but not those nasty orcish colors.
Ain't no harm in trying to get paid, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.
:tup: and besides he owes Juve a lot too. As a player and as a coach. And even as a human being, the club stood by him when he got banned.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Leaving us unexpectedly in the middle of the summer transfer window was much worse than joining Inter in 2019. We were super lucky that Allegri was available and it turned out great. But it could have been a real disaster. What he's doing now doesn't affect us in any way. Inter can add Pep, Klopp and three other managers on the bench and they still won't be any danger to us in the next couple of seasons.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Forget about the legends section on this forum and focus on removing his name from the stars in our stadium

https://www.change.org/p/juventus-football-club-togliere-la-stella-a-conte-allo-juventus-stadium

- - - Updated - - -

Leaving us unexpectedly in the middle of the summer transfer window was much worse than joining Inter in 2019. We were super lucky that Allegri was available and it turned out great. But it could have been a real disaster. What he's doing now doesn't affect us in any way. Inter can add Pep, Klopp and three other managers on the bench and they still won't be any danger to us in the next couple of seasons.
That is wrong because Inter with Conte and Marotta behind the scenes where we are with Sarri and Paratici behind the scenes, we are ending below them in the table.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Forget about the legends section on this forum and focus on removing his name from the stars in our stadium

https://www.change.org/p/juventus-football-club-togliere-la-stella-a-conte-allo-juventus-stadium

- - - Updated - - -

That is wrong because Inter with Conte and Marotta behind the scenes where we are with Sarri and Paratici behind the scenes, we are ending below them in the table.
As much I dislike him, his star is there for what he did for Juve, not for other teams.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I remember him blasting juve when he was in a relegation dogfight in serie b and we didnt much care to help him.

So Yes, its probably not beyond him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You know it's happening the first game we meet. That's just him.

Anyway, worst of luck to him as Inter coach.

BTW, does he only take on failing projects? He's in danger of being stereotyped as a coach.
Yeah maybe, hes hot headed and has quite an ego. Concerning failling projects its a clear pattern by now, from Juve when our first season under Agnelli & co finished horrendous, Italy, Chelsea and now Inter. He enjoys being hailed as a hero and savior. Ginormous ego needs constant feeding. I said before a move to Inter is wrong on too many levels and coupled with Marotta it doesnt bode well. Still I will respect his time and achievements here, even if there will prolly be exchange of not so pleasent words between the sides.

- - - Updated - - -

You both will prolly be right when the time comes. I really hoped he wouldnt go there but the world revolves around money and power.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Imagine Inter are scoring a goal at tuz stadium and Conte is running in orgasmic happiness like headless chicken , that some fucking weird shit
That's a cunt differentiator. Would I put it past conte, no. But if he really wants to burn his legacy to the ground then something like that and some stupid comment from him will suffice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Clear Juve legend as player and coach, but considering calciopoli, which he is well aware of obviously, I think it’s fine that he should be in this section during his time at Inter.
I'm fine with that, hopefully he doesn't last there, falls out with the fans and management. Then we can move him back.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I respect your decision, I don't agree but I know you've backed him ever since he's left us. Hypothetically, would you consider moving him back if he left them without saying anything inflaming against us or anything to incite us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 153)