Antonio Conte (87 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The season Allegri took over from him yeah was pretty much the same squad. Conte under achieved in his last season with them (by publicly undermining them) and Allegri over performed with them. But since then we clearly built a much stronger squad and Allegri's teams have the advantage of experience on their side.

Conte never lost a key player. Allegri lost 1-3 key players every season, and improved the team regardless. But this season the imbalanced midfield was too much for him to fix

Remind me Conte's best european result ?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Conte never lost a key player. Allegri lost 1-3 key players every season, and improved the team regardless. But this season the imbalanced midfield was too much for him to fix

Remind me Conte's best european result ?
I dunno... taking Italy's B-side far in the Euros? Who said anything about Conte getting better results in Europe anyway?

The comment was about who managed better squads at Juve and Allegri clearly did.

On a different note, I can see why management would go for Conte. The senior players (the italian core especially) in the squad who worked with him absolutely love him for his time here and his time with the NT. And ofcourse him being a Juve legend as coach and player and Italian gives him an edge at this club over a foreign coach.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
hopefully.

do italians ever learn
Time will tell, but he's not a typical Italian tbh. Even his Italy did not look like a typical Italian team. I would've preferred someone like Pochettino, but I'm hoping that this works. At least Conte teams don't lack grinta.
It might be all wishful thinking though.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I know you're a Conte fan. You're happy?
Happier than keeping Allegri (Allegrout is super good news to me) but not too excited. I'd have still preferred a Pep/Klopp/Zizou kind of hire but they are all taken.

Conte could very well make this team boring to watch too. His last season was boring af (but not as bad as this one). He always wanted great attacking players.. now he has them. Lets see whether he only thrives as an underdog or can he get the team to actually dominate opponents.

I am expecting more or less Serie A + Semi final CL exits just not as boring and humiliating as these last 2 seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 87)