Antonio Conte (56 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He got sacked a day after we got Ronaldo. And second day of new season preparation. He did same to us, he left us at very bad time. Luckily for Juve it turned out great. We should thank him. Perhaps because of his critics toward our management, they started to ack.

Basel93

Dec 24, 2014
Sky saying that Chelsea fired him with just cause and Don't have to pay him anything. Legal battle is on its way

100 EUROS
What is their justifiable cause? Abramovic just a spoiled brat toying with his club as he pleases

I don’t like the way Conte left us and was the first to make fun of him when we got CR7, but I still respect what he achieved with us during his careers.

Oct 31, 2016
Hopefully he makes Chelsea pay the 11m and more for making all this trouble. After they've signed Higuain and Rugani for 100m combined of course :D
What trouble? Most of you talk complete gibberish on here to be fair. Chelsea wanted him gone the same way he wanted to leave and this was obvious from the beginning of last season when he burned his bridges with everybody at the club. And of course he wasn't going to resign he needs a last paycheck that he completely deserves if you ask me. We Chelsea fans love the man and frankly would have taken another season with him in charge, but the relation between him and the board was completely broken. And it's not a few weeks ago that the board took this decision to sack him, frankly we all knew since September last year that he ain't going to last past the season.

It all started last summer when Internazionale Milan came in for him and he did not pick up his phone for 10 days, nor replied to any texts from the club (Chelsea). Basically nobody knew anything about him and only after the Internazionale negociations broke down, he came back to Cobham and first thing he did he asked for Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Sandro and Virgil van Dijk to be signed asap.

Well look how that panned out in the end - Juventus played hardball with Alex Sandro for the whole summer with Chelsea no matter how much money our club offered, just like your club does now with United and I'm totally sure you won't sell him in the end. Alexis Sanchez was completely out of the market at that point as Arsenal was still confident he was going to sign the extension. And then Lukaku and Van Dijk went to United and Liverpool for a combined fee of £150M. And frankly Chelsea was never going to match United's offer for Lukaku - £75M up front, £25M in add ons plus Wayne Rooney to Everton with United paying half of his wages for one season. Van Dijk had offers from Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool but Liverpool were so desperate for a centre back they had to pay way over the odds, that's why he ended up there for £75M. Chelsea and City only offered little over £40M for him.

After all these that have happened during the summer, the relationship between Conte and the Chelsea board was totally broken up until the point where there was no coming back, especially after Diego Costa told everybody that Conte sent him a text message that he is banned from coming to training and is free to leave in a time that Chelsea had no intention to sell him and Diego Costa had no intention to leave the club. He was one of our best players and frankly one of the best centre forwards in the world, at least best we've had since Drogba. It was a shock for everybody, fans and players. David Luiz asked some questions on this and was out of the first team in a blink.

And as soon as the season started he wasn't the same Conte as the one in his first season, he always looked grumpy, there was no passion on the sidelines anymore, he was always bashing the Chelsea board in his every presser.

Think if he had come with way more realistic targets we'd still talk about Conte as a Chelsea manager now, but he did the same mistake as Mourinho and wanted over £200-250M invested in one summer w/o any important players leaving. People must understand that the Chelsea of 2018 is not the Chelsea of 2004 anymore, Chelsea of now is a self sustaining club and Roman Abramovich has not pumped any penny into the club in 7-8 years. All the player arrivals are dependant on the club's profit now, the TV deals, sponsorship deals etc. Unlike of Man City for example who their Arab owner has no problem pumping tons of money into the club having unlimited wealth.

But we Chelsea fans loved this man and will always be greatful for the League title and the FA Cup win and no Chelsea fan would have had any problem if he was still in charge come next month. What was between him and the board it's beyond our power.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
What trouble? Most of you talk complete gibberish on here to be fair. Chelsea wanted him gone the same way he wanted to leave and this was obvious from the beginning of last season when he burned his bridges with everybody at the club. And of course he wasn't going to resign he needs a last paycheck that he completely deserves if you ask me. We Chelsea fans love the man and frankly would have taken another season with him in charge, but the relation between him and the board was completely broken. And it's not a few weeks ago that the board took this decision to sack him, frankly we all knew since September last year that he ain't going to last past the season.

It all started last summer when Internazionale Milan came in for him and he did not pick up his phone for 10 days, nor replied to any texts from the club (Chelsea). Basically nobody knew anything about him and only after the Internazionale negociations broke down, he came back to Cobham and first thing he did he asked for Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Sandro and Virgil van Dijk to be signed asap.

Well look how that panned out in the end - Juventus played hardball with Alex Sandro for the whole summer with Chelsea no matter how much money our club offered, just like your club does now with United and I'm totally sure you won't sell him in the end. Alexis Sanchez was completely out of the market at that point as Arsenal was still confident he was going to sign the extension. And then Lukaku and Van Dijk went to United and Liverpool for a combined fee of £150M. And frankly Chelsea was never going to match United's offer for Lukaku - £75M up front, £25M in add ons plus Wayne Rooney to Everton with United paying half of his wages for one season. Van Dijk had offers from Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool but Liverpool were so desperate for a centre back they had to pay way over the odds, that's why he ended up there for £75M. Chelsea and City only offered little over £40M for him.

After all these that have happened during the summer, the relationship between Conte and the Chelsea board was totally broken up until the point where there was no coming back, especially after Diego Costa told everybody that Conte sent him a text message that he is banned from coming to training and is free to leave in a time that Chelsea had no intention to sell him and Diego Costa had no intention to leave the club. He was one of our best players and frankly one of the best centre forwards in the world, at least best we've had since Drogba. It was a shock for everybody, fans and players. David Luiz asked some questions on this and was out of the first team in a blink.

And as soon as the season started he wasn't the same Conte as the one in his first season, he always looked grumpy, there was no passion on the sidelines anymore, he was always bashing the Chelsea board in his every presser.

Think if he had come with way more realistic targets we'd still talk about Conte as a Chelsea manager now, but he did the same mistake as Mourinho and wanted over £200-250M invested in one summer w/o any important players leaving. People must understand that the Chelsea of 2018 is not the Chelsea of 2004 anymore, Chelsea of now is a self sustaining club and Roman Abramovich has not pumped any penny into the club in 7-8 years. All the player arrivals are dependant on the club's profit now, the TV deals, sponsorship deals etc. Unlike of Man City for example who their Arab owner has no problem pumping tons of money into the club having unlimited wealth.

But we Chelsea fans loved this man and will always be greatful for the League title and the FA Cup win and no Chelsea fan would have had any problem if he was still in charge come next month. What was between him and the board it's beyond our power.
Chelsea trying to get out of having to pay the compensation to team Conte, at least that's whats being reported, I hope they end up paying extra

Also, I appreciate your Chelsea posts, thank you for those, I expect you won't hang around much longer since Conte is a goner and we don't have a Sarri thread :D

Oct 31, 2016
Chelsea trying to get out of having to pay the compensation to team Conte, at least that's whats being reported, I hope they end up paying extra

Also, I appreciate your Chelsea posts, thank you for those, I expect you won't hang around much longer since Conte is a goner and we don't have a Sarri thread :D
Well frankly you'd expect every club to do that not only Chelsea. But for now Conte has been taken of his duties with no intention from the club to pay a compensation and it will go to court 100 percent. Reports coming from the journalists that cover the club say that Chelsea will take it to court as they have lost a lot of money with the Diego Costa situation. As I told you, Diego Costa was an integral part of our team and there was no intention of selling him, nor he did want to leave, everything was perfect between Diego Costa and the club, especially his relationship with the fans was perfect, on par with Hazard's, but Conte acted as he ruled over everybody and banned him to come back for the pre season and listed him for sale on his behalf. I don't know what is going to happen next and I don't care, it's not my money to be honest.

Now in England they have announced Maurizio Sarri and this midfielder Jorginho as done deal. They say Higuain is next on the list and there have been very strong rumours for maybe over a month on this centre back from Juventus, Rugani.

Think this guy Sarri is perfect for the Chelsea board as I read an interview of his a few weeks back in which he said he does not care about the transfer market, he is supposed to work with what the club brings him and improve the respective players. Plus he is an attacking minded coach that Pep Guardiola talked very highly of in England during this year, not only after their matches in Champions League, but also in different interviews he did, he said he thinks that Sarri is probably the closest thing to him in world football as they both share the same vision on how the game should be played and they both put a lot of work on positional play and some other tactics related stuff I can't remember now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 47)