Antonio Conte (159 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think the elite coaches stay in both competitions most years. Dont compare I guy that has won more CL in 3 years than our club ever has to Conte. Elite guys compete every year.

What do you consider elite?
Oh I think you misunderstood what I meant. I regard many coaches as Elite, I see the standard of being a serious challenger on all fronts every year as untenable by even Zizou.

Conte, Zizou, Pep, Mou, Ancellotti, Klopp, Allegri and Simeone are the ones I consider elite, as in when they are coaching a good team, you really really want to avoid them.

- - - Updated - - -

:howler: if he's the Messiah that he allegedly is then how did he have to throw away the league? Pretty sure a club with the resources of Real should be able to buy better than that.
Dude is super hard and no ever achieved what he did. Thats exactly why I think the standard of elite coaches mentioned before is way too high. I consider many coaches elite even though they havent challenged on all fronts every season.

Apr 19, 2007
Oh I think you misunderstood what I meant. I regard many coaches as Elite, I see the standard of being a serious challenger on all fronts every year as untenable by even Zizou.

Conte, Zizou, Pep, Mou, Ancellotti, Klopp, Allegri and Simeone are the ones I consider elite, as in when they are coaching a good team, you really really want to avoid them.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude is super hard and no ever achieved what he did. Thats exactly why I think the standard of elite coaches mentioned before is way too high. I consider many coaches elite even though they havent challenged on all fronts every season.
I guess my point was that if they dont compete for one that isnt the norm. Not competing in the CL is the norm for Conte. Do I think he could get there? Yes I do but I think hes not the comodity that everyone thinks is elite. Maybe he doesnt want another job right now but a lot of major jobs opened up and no one held for him. I think that says something as well.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Dude no one competes on every front every year. Even Zidane had to throw away the league.
*after they already lost it somewhere in October, no point in wasting energy when you wont win it anyway. they got complacent early on, and if you are in the same league as Barcelona, you just cant do that. he did his part of the job in his 1st 2 seasons (Benitez bottled it in his 1st season, Zidane did well to cut the lead to 1pt).

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
So what's next for Conte? Chelsea seem desperate to sack him and Mancini has become CT. All elite clubs already have their coach lined-up.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So what's next for Conte? Chelsea seem desperate to sack him and Mancini has become CT. All elite clubs already have their coach lined-up.
Probably take a year off and see how things play out next season. There are always top tier jobs that become available. If there is anyone that should take a year off and just relax, it's him.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I guess my point was that if they dont compete for one that isnt the norm. Not competing in the CL is the norm for Conte. Do I think he could get there? Yes I do but I think hes not the comodity that everyone thinks is elite. Maybe he doesnt want another job right now but a lot of major jobs opened up and no one held for him. I think that says something as well.
He desperately wants to be a Chelsea coach even though they’re after Sarri. Look at this.

He is like a bad ex-bf

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
He desperately wants to be a Chelsea coach even though they’re after Sarri. Look at this.

He is like a bad ex-bf
Does Conte seem the kind of person to you to personally write that cheerleader message on his Insta? It's clearly his management team and there nothing wrong with that post, he isn't fired, sarri isn't hired yet which means Conte is getting paid to do a job and you can expect him to pack his bangs and leave for Italy without getting an official word.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
WΏΏdy?;5792704 said:
Does Conte seem the kind of person to you to personally write that cheerleader message on his Insta? It's clearly his management team and there nothing wrong with that post, he isn't fired, sarri isn't hired yet which means Conte is getting paid to do a job and you can expect him to pack his bangs and leave for Italy without getting an official word.
That’s his brother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 157)